It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giving Thanks..

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the states. In my family it is customary to go around the table and say why you are thankful for the people with you. When I was young I thought this was silly, but now I find it is more valuable. I guess I just realized that during the year, I don't say it enough to people in my life. So this is a good time for me to remember to show my appreciation to them and also remember why they are important to me.

Just wanted to leave a thank you to ATS as well this year. Many times you guys have kept me company when there was no one else to. Many times you have made me laugh when I felt like crying (and vice versa), kept me mindlessly entertained or helped me get through a tough time. I guess you really don't realize how much impact total strangers can have on you.. until you stop and take a moment from the distractions in your lives to think about it.

So, Thank you ATS! Hope you all enjoy your holiday!
blend57

edit on 23-11-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57
What a beautiful post from a beautiful person!!! Thank you for sharing all of your writings and musing with us!

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thank you for being a part of ATS. I agree it becomes more valuable the older you get. My family has been through a whole lot with me. I hope everyone here that celebrates Thanksgiving has a great holiday.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't give thanks for what I've got generally.. But your post has made me think.. And I am grateful, throughoit all the ups and downs, my life has really been blessed..
Thank you for your post..

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

We dont celebrate thanksgiving here, but instead want to thank you for being you

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Great a nice thread!

I am thank for my health! And also for my friends for ATS!

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving to all you folks in America from Germany. May your day with your Familee be a great one.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I'm thankful that you posted.
Your words ring so true to me.
ATS really is an amazing place, at times.

I was beginning to feel sad and you know what? I've got an awful lot to be thankful for and I need to just keep that in the front and not any bad thoughts in. I know this. I suppose we just need to be shaken and reminded occasionally.

Folks that we miss and that are no longer with us are still in our hearts and we have the precious memories of our times together. For that, I am grateful.

Thanks Blend, you are a special human.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I'm Thankful for our country, the greatest in the world, and what we do to help people that are less fortunate than we are throughout the world.

I'm thankful for our military, ever vigilant. Watching over not only US, but every other free country to hopefully keep us safe. I'm thankful for the men and women that make up the armed services, without them, there would be no vigilance.

I'm thankful for the law enforcement professionals that do their best to keep us Americans safe, fat and happy!

I'm thankful for the EMTs that man the ambulances, the doctors and nurses keeping the hospitals and care centers staffed.

Most of all, I'm thankful for a site like this one and the people here. That we may communicate freely and intelligently with each other...

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Your words ring true for me as well.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and to all our ATS family!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

This photo made me think of you.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

What a beautiful thought!!! Thanks to that!

top topics

join