It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble in paradise: Breitbart calls Donald Trump out for ‘broken promise’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Same boots on the ground assessment as mine:

The problem is rural America doesn’t understand itself and will NEVER listen to anyone outside their bubble.

It doesn’t matter how “understanding” you are, how well you listen, what language you use

…if you are viewed as an outsider, your views are automatically discounted.

I’ve had hundreds of discussions with rural white Americans and whenever I present them any information that contradicts their entrenched beliefs,

no matter how sound,
how unquestionable,
how obvious,

they WILL NOT even entertain the possibility it might be true. Their refusal is a result of the nature of their fundamentalist belief system and the fact [that]......

Wait for it:

.. I’m the enemy because I'm an educated liberal.

I weep for this nation.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: JesusXst

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Lmao.

The left is trying everything they can think of to undermine Trump support, even if it undercuts their own narrative on all of his 'spooky' extremes.

They still don't get it.

We get it, you guys voted a liar, this is gonna be good.

That's Rich coming from a Hillary fan

delete and try again.

Now find one post where i ever said i was a hillary fan, good luck with that, da man said bad words againts trump, da man is bad.

Even if I don't actions and words speak louder and didn't you say you'd take Hillary over Trump at some point in time?

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Same boots on the ground assessment as mine:

The problem is rural America doesn’t understand itself and will NEVER listen to anyone outside their bubble.

It doesn’t matter how “understanding” you are, how well you listen, what language you use

…if you are viewed as an outsider, your views are automatically discounted.

I’ve had hundreds of discussions with rural white Americans and whenever I present them any information that contradicts their entrenched beliefs,

no matter how sound,
how unquestionable,
how obvious,

they WILL NOT even entertain the possibility it might be true. Their refusal is a result of the nature of their fundamentalist belief system and the fact [that]......

Wait for it:

.. I’m the enemy because I'm an educated liberal.

I weep for this nation.

What are you even going on about?

You are derailing your own thread.

Put down the

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Great article.

The "Home, Sweet, Homers" that just want to continue with their Rockwell picture perfect Fundamental Christian way of life ---- feel like a heavy iron anchor with the chain wrapped around my neck suffocating me.

I don't begrudge them their "never change" life --- until through politics it affects mine.

I am a Progressive Globalist supporting higher education, science, space exploration, and 100% separation of church & state.

We've seriously got to break the hold religion has on the politics of this country.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Hence why my daughter felt eerily unsafe driving across Kansas west-to-east on Sunday. Hency why I will feel the same driving east-to-west when next I visit her.

Why would anyone feel unsafe? I don't understand the fear.

Neurosis, Hysteria. Kansas is mid pack in US violent crime rate.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Breitbart is saying what it is supposed to say to play along with keeping altercations down until after Donald Trump takes office. That is the general consensus amongst those with the best track record at understanding the situation.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Looks like Breitbart might be the only fair and balanced news source out there.

I suspect that Trump is backing down on going after Clinton because he never intended to go after her.
Trump is well known for positioning extreme situations to then scale back to make it look like he is conceding ground. Give away what you never wanted in the first place in exchange for the things you do want.

It's just an unfortunate aspect of negotiation.

Personally I would prefer him to burn the system to the ground.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Breitbart is saying what it is supposed to say to play along with keeping altercations down until after Donald Trump takes office. That is the general consensus amongst those with the best track record at understanding the situation.

Yeah.

They kind of own him now.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I am a Progressive Globalist supporting higher education, science, space exploration, and 100% separation of church & state.

The irony.

I'm a conservative nationalist-lite, supporting higher education, science, space exploration, and 100% separation of church & state.

Four out of five, but you'd think we were on different planets.

ETA: I'm also for equal treatment for all sexes, races, ethnicities, LGBT...etc., which I know cuts strongly against the left's narrative about all conservatives.

Oh, well.
edit on 23-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It wasn't a negotiation.

Just be honest even though he wasn't.

It was a promise to the people that elected him. One he never planned to keep. In other words, a lie.

Conmen 2016

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
It will be interesting here to see if Trump at least backs off of his last 'back off' to smooth things over with Bannon. We need to see here just who will be the president of the US, Trump or Bannon.

Bannon.

Bannon is smarter and more focused then Trump.

Bannon is using Trump - - not the other way around.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

It wasn't a negotiation.

It was a promise to the people that elected him. One he never planned to keep. In other words, a lie.

Conmen 2016

This broken promise was a harmless one compared to dear leaders "you can keep your doctor" promise.

Conman is leaving office in January.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Annee

The irony.

I'm a conservative nationalist-lite, supporting higher education, science, space exploration, and 100% separation of church & state.

Four out of five, but you'd think we were on different planets.

Well, good to know we can come together at least once on ATS. (except for the Nationalist thingy).

I am a fiscal conservative. But, support FEDERAL mandated full Equal Rights / Equal Treatment (no religious exemption, except churches per constitution)

I'm more right then you'd think.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

It wasn't a negotiation.

Conmen 2016

I don't know what his intent was all along. Has he backed down now or was he always going to back down? I have no idea and neither do you. He's been consistently smarter than everyone else in the room, though.

I will say that I agree he said he was going to appoint a special prosecutor and now is not going to.
edit on 23/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

It wasn't a negotiation.

Conmen 2016

This broken promise was a harmless one compared to dear leaders "you can keep your doctor" promise.

Conman is leaving office in January.

To be replaced by the biggest conman in US history.

He hasn't even started and we are seeing him go back on his promises. We are seeing him trying to put his family in positions of power and being blatant that he will use his position for monetary gain. Many of us already knew his campaign promises were total BS and pointed out he didn't have the authority to follow through. I am just laughing because of the idiots that were on here buying his line and eating up everything he was selling.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

See that's the kind of post that just bugs me.

It's like kids in the playground stuff. My dad is bigger than yours, your candidate's worse than mine. Seriously grow up.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I don't know what his intent was all along. Has he backed down now or was he always going to back down? I have no idea and neither do you.

I did know. Because the laws didn't allow him to follow through and I had explained it to those who were less intelligent on here.

He's been consistently smarter than everyone else in the room, though.

No, he was simply able to con the dumb ones into believing his BS.

I will say that I agree he said he was going to appoint a special prosecutor and now is not going to.

You will see that sort of thing will happen a lot more with his presidency.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

It's like kids in the playground stuff. My dad is bigger than yours, your candidate's worse than mine. Seriously grow up.

Ats is full of people with very big egos that thinks their opinion matters. Don't worry you'll get over it.

most of us who voted for Donald Trump did so because we trust his judgement, not because we want him to be our puppet. He knows what he is doing and we just have to have faith and trust.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

Funny that you whine about my comment and not the OP, when the OP is nothing but gloating over Trump not fulfilling campaign promises before he's even assumed the office.

Grow up indeed.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

At some point during the discussion, “That’s your education talking,” will be said, derogatorily, as a general dismissal of everything I said.

They truly believe this is a legitimate response because to them education is not to be trusted. Education is the enemy of fundamentalism because fundamentalism, by its very nature, is not built on facts.

The fundamentalists I grew up around aren’t anti-education. They want their kids to know how to read and write. well, bravo

They are anti-quality, in-depth, broad, specialized education. Learning is only valued up to the certain point. Once it reaches the level where what you learn contradicts doctrine and fundamentalist arguments, it becomes dangerous.

Yes. So very sad.

An Insider's View: The Dark Rigidity of Fundamentalist Rural America
edit on 11/23/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join