It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump 'surprised' Beer and Cigs Work Better Than Waterboarding/General Mattis comments

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Looks like Trump is learning that there are reasons the military does things the way it does, will it change his mind?

The General told Trump he didn't find water boarding useful, but found a pack of cigs and a couple of beers to be better.

"General Mattis is a strong, highly dignified man. I met with him at length and I asked him that question. I said, 'What do you think of waterboarding?'" the Trump told The New York Times on Tuesday. "He said -- I was surprised -- he said, 'I've never found it to be useful.' He said, 'I've always found, give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers and I do better with that than I do with torture.'"

Gneral Mattis's opinion maybe opened Trumps eyes but Trump said he didn't change, in light of the horrible people we are dealing with. But Mattis's opinion was surprising to Trump.

Donald Trump on waterboarding: 'Fight fire with fire'
Trump added, "I'm not saying it changed my mind. Look, we have people that are chopping off heads and drowning people in steel cages and we're not allowed to waterboard. But I'll tell you what, I was impressed by that answer."

edit on 23-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I always do better with a couple beers too.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

If trump can keep learning and evolve I can have some hope.

He seems to be implementing some good political moves with lesser cabinet positions.

Hopefully sessions gets blocked. Ted Cruz would have followed the constitutional values closer. Sec of defense needs to be tough but not vindictive for the sake of revenge.

I hope people start coming together more, lots of rediculous violence from liberals aND then conservatives on the fringe sticking it in their faces.

We are are country where half the people voted for the other candidate so we need someone to stop rocking between extremes all the time.

If he slows down on his economic ideas I will actually be able to relax.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I don't know about the cigarettes but, alcohol certainly seems to be a type of 'truth serum' for some folks.

I personally have mixed feelings about torture (or enhanced interrogation) so, if alcohol could produce the same effect then I don't know why not.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

As time goes on Trump will backtrack on most of his outrageous promises.

He was just playing to his low info voters. It worked brilliantly; he got elected.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

There is no way I could know what the answer to interrogation is.

We have to depend on our leaders, that's why voting for the right people is so important.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
A good old fashioned hit of acid might prove more useful as well. Torture as a means of extracting information has never been reliable, and this has been known to intelligence agencies since long before they even had a name for them.

Torture is a means of terrorism. It is a psy-op performed on the enemy--an instrument of striking fear into the hearts of one's opponents. It is effective toward that end, but useful for little else.

Trump not knowing this doesn't surprise me in the least. Stick to your trade deals, Don.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I am very surprised that Trump is swayed in what seems to me, a sudden realization that there are people who know a whole lot more than he does.
And I mean that in a good way, the most successful people know who to trust.

Torture is a means of terrorism. It is a psy-op performed on the enemy--an instrument of striking fear into the hearts of one's opponents. It is effective toward that end, but useful for little else. Trump not knowing this doesn't surprise me in the least. Stick to your trade deals, Don.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Of course it didn't change his mind.

He "knows more than the Generals" remember.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
General Mattis meant a couple of beers and a pack of cigarettes for the torturer. It helps relax them as they drive the nails into limbs.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Gatorade, gummy bears and video games always worked well for us.
One time a Chicago Bull's shirt was all that it took.

Of course subjecting them to 24Hrs of Joan Jett's " I Love Rock and Roll " at a incredible volume helped as well.

Buck

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Don't forget scopalamine "truth serum". I'm sure they get the info within days but misdirect with torture to keep the info useful.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You never want to torture your enemy. You want to treat your enemy as your guest, give him/her clothes/ food/ and the best drinks. Give your enemy a nice soft bed.

Your enemy will give you everything they know. Give your enemy hope they will be released with no reprocussions. When your enemy is complicit and you have used him/her for what they are worth.

Kill your enemy or imprison your enemy with no possibility of ever returning to his/her home/homeland.

This method is 200% effective all the time.
edit on 23-11-2016 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

That sounds like the advice Trump jut received.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
A good old fashioned hit of acid might prove more useful as well.

But probably not as good as scopolamine, Versed and benzedrine. The Cocktail. You'll talk about ANYthing. And later when I feed it back to you, you won't recall telling me any of that, but you'll react to the true parts. It's like magic.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Give your enemy a nice soft bed.

In front of his neighbors. And thank him for his coooperation. In front of his neighbors. Later, he'll beat a path to your door to give you info in exchange for his kids' lives.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
Of course subjecting them to 24Hrs of Joan Jett's " I Love Rock and Roll " at a incredible volume helped as well.

Buck

"Mandy" by Barry Manilow.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It's great to see that Trump isn't so stuck in the mud and un-flexible in his thinking that he wouldn't consider other's valid points and change his view point accordingly. That makes for a great man, the kind we need in a leader.
edit on 23-11-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
General Mattis meant a couple of beers and a pack of cigarettes for the torturer. It helps relax them as they drive the nails into limbs.

Figs and mice. Salt, and cooking oil. Tell the guy what you plan to do later. Make up crap. Keep it ambiguous. Let him think about it.

Or, give him something more active and immediate to consider. It's really hard to tell wtf is going on if you're blindfolded in a helo with a good pilot. I got our Grand Inquisitor to do me once, and by all that's unholy, even when you KNOW they're your buddies, you cannot tell if you're going to go AAAAH..thump into a mattress after a 10 foot drop or AAAAHHHhhhh....(crunch) after a 200 foot drop. Much less when you have a fox screaming tell me or you're going out the door.
edit on 23-11-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join