It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Iran warns of retaliation if U.S. breaches nuclear deal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If the US extends the sanctions for 10 years then Khsmrmei, Iran's supreme leader said that would be against the agreement. Us law makers passed the law a week after Trump was elected, and they hope Trump will keep a tough line against Iran.

Extending U.S. sanctions on Iran for 10 years would breach the Iranian nuclear agreement, Iran Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei said on Wednesday, warning that Tehran would retaliate if the sanctions are approved.

"The current U.S. government has breached the nuclear deal in many occasions," Khamenei said, addressing a gathering of members of the Revolutionary Guards, according to his website.

"The latest is extension of sanctions for 10 years, that if it happens, would surely be against JCPOA, and the Islamic Republic would definitely react to it."

Will Trump make good and "rip" the deal up? And what will Iran do?

President-elect Trump once said during his campaign that he would "rip up" the agreement, drawing a harsh reaction from Khamenei, who said if that happens, Iran would "set fire" to the deal.
ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I don't think Iran has many cards left in their deck. Seeing as tensions with Russia are not as rough, Iran doesn't have someone big to back them up.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Iran has already violated the deal.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Someone may want to email Iran.DT doesn't accept threats like Obama would.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Are they going to send their version of the Luftwaffe after us?

You know all those R/C planes they got...

Hey Iran, let us take the gloves off, eh? Merica been gettin' lonely.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Iran plays fast and loose with the rules, but has the nerve to threaten us if any changes are made.

townhall.com...

This was not a first time offense. Iran was first found to have exceeded their limit on heavy water back in February. Iran has also been caught trying to strengthen its ballistic missiles program, which the U.S. claimed was in defiance of a United Nations Security Council resolution. In addition to violating the nuclear accord and UN guidelines, Iran has captured 10 American soldiers and held a parade to celebrate. The country has also been accused of trying to intimidate the U.S. by flying a drone over one of our aircraft carriers. Through all this, Iranian lea

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Iran can suck it!

Never trusted those bastards.

Just my personal opinion, your mileage may vary.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Looks like Trump is right on schedule with Wesley Clark's nation invading plan..

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I see very little that Iran can do.

I also think the people of Iran want nothing to do with this or making the weapons of war.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Retaliation? Oh really? Isn't that just peachy. Iran making threats? Almost made me choke on my soda I was laughing so hard.

The only response they will get is the middle finger and a few cruise missiles and maybe and air bombing. LOL. Iran making threats. That's cute.
edit on 23-11-2016 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Are they going to send their version of the Luftwaffe after us?

You know all those R/C planes they got...

Hey Iran, let us take the gloves off, eh? Merica been gettin' lonely.

That's not the kind of retaliation He's talking about. He means the kind were an uncivilised sub-human savage runs into a street/building/school/hospital shouting alley snackbar and detonates a religion of peace vest.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Wow.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The deal is already dead because Iran breached it and they wont be allowed to get the nuke which means that eventually there will be conflict with Israel/US etc.

Unless the TRUMPINATER can get them to cease their nuke programme full stop. Israel will not wait though until they have the nuke!

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I think you are right. Maybe the Trump effect is going to solve this.

The deal is already dead because Iran breached it and they wont be allowed to get the nuke which means that eventually there will be conflict with Israel/US etc. Unless the TRUMPINATER can get them to cease their nuke programme full stop. Israel will not wait though until they have the nuke!

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Iran can suck it!

Never trusted those bastards.

Just my personal opinion, your mileage may vary.

Any country that has mass rallies on a weekly basis where attendees are encouraged, and in fact expected to shout out in unison, "Death to Israel, Death to USA!", probably shouldn't be trusted.

These are not the actions of rational people.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

At this point, I doubt Trump would skuttle the agreement anyway. I fail to see why he would care.

As far as I'm concerned, it will just be a nothing.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

The agreement will fail on it's own, no need to interfere. When he hits the oval office, there maybe a failed agreement that needs attention.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: alphabetaone

The agreement will fail on it's own, no need to interfere. When he hits the oval office, there maybe a failed agreement that needs attention.

There's a lot of truth to this in some ways. Iran will invariably do something out of line with Global sentiment and the US wont have to do a thing.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
i hope trump breaches a nuclear deal.
it will be the right thing to do.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
So what changed about Iran's position?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join