It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Old Lady

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Down by the local 7-11, there's an electrical transformer secured in a metal box. It's about 6' high and 4' wide. It's painted yellow. Directly across from this box, about 4 feet away, is a light pole. In between the two lives the old lady. I don't know where she came from, as I rarely go to 7-11 for anything, but I drive by it everyday and for the last four weeks she's been there. Most of the time she's covered with a blanket and just sits there with her bags,
easy to miss if you weren't really looking.
Probably about 4' 10" tall, with streaky gray hair. Life must have dealt her a bad hand, evidenced by the lines on her face. She doesn't smile.

The other day I saw her raise her face into the sun, eyes closed. She blended perfectly with the faded yellow box, as if she was supposed to. I couldn't help but wonder what she was thinking, maybe thankful for the warmth.

And then yesterday I drove by and it was raining, and she had a black plastic bag over the top of the blanket, and she was sitting there with her face raised up into the rain, eyes closed.

Maybe she was thinking of better times, past friends or family.

Old lady, I just want you to know . . .that you are noticed. I wish I could do something for you . . .but I hear you always say no to help.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Keep the memories. Bless you.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SIEGE

Fantastic...

I miss your collaborations with Jensouth! Is she still around, she was my first friend on ATS many years ago.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I love it! Made my eyes well up..

Thank you for writing this.

Blend57

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Thank you. True story.

I miss collaborating too.

Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

How stories are meant to be played out, thank you for sharing a wonderful moment of your life.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Wow. Just WOW! Such a beautiful Tale. When Real, like This is, it's even better...
Even though She doesn't like help, I would have given Her a bottle of Water, with a 20 wrapped around it...
Syx...

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
So touching! Thank you for sharing!

new topics

top topics

join