It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Wanted: Best/Worst Examples of Bannon's Racism/Misogyny/Homophobia etc.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I have searched high and low for examples of Bannon's racism, misogyny, anti-semitism, homophobia, etc. What I have found does not justify the claims being made about him.... though the examples I have found do raise red flags for me, none are the definitive proof necessary to tar and feather him with the "ist" label.

I think part of my disconnect is that I cannot denounce any and every racial reference by Bannon to racism because, well, we live in a society in which pretty much everything is framed in racial terms... or perhaps I should say viewed from a racial perspective. We can't cry "White privilege" ad nauseum and then fault someone -- especially a White guy -- for responding in racial terms... or for offering a different perspective (yes, a White perspective) on racial accusations. Likewise, insulting one woman or a specific group of women is not misogyny which insults all women. Neither is it fair nor accurate to suggest that any/all on the "alt-right" is part of the "Alternative Right." Much less to equate "Nationalism" with "White Nationalism."

I'm not trying to defend Bannon. I don't like Bannon. I don't trust Bannon. But not because of all this hate being piled on him. I don't like or trust those piling on either! Maybe he is as bad as folks say and is just really really good at parsing words and throwing in those dog whistles in codespeak. Maybe not. I don't know.

For what it's worth, here are some specific examples I have been able to find, both with multiple links:

Heavy: Steve Bannon Racism Accusations: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Romper: 7 Steve Bannon Quotes On Race That Are Seriously Concerning

New York Times: Stephen Bannon and Breitbart News, in Their Words

So I'm still searching and I am now asking ATS to give me your best/worst examples of his "isms". Or anything else you believe is pertinent -- whether good, bad or ugly. Thanks in advance to everyone who shares -- I appreciate it.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I can't find anything either as proof that he is a racist white supremacist.

So I will go with the SJW definition that he is a racist based on him just being a white male who is conservative and inherently racist due his skin color?

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I can't find anything either as proof that he is a racist white supremacist.

So I'm not the only one... whew!

So I will go with the SJW definition that he is a racist based on him just being a white male who is conservative and inherently racist due his skin color?

It sure seems that's the premise and/or precedent some are trying very hard to establish... which of course leaves absolutely no room for reasonable dissent... and is very scary in and of itself.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
He wasn't chosen by Hillary...therefore SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH HIM. Off with his head!

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
He wasn't chosen by Hillary...therefore SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH HIM. Off with his head!

As much as I'd like to dismiss your comment as simple ridiculous hyperbole, there is (sadly) too much truth in it for too many people.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

The guy doesn't seem to be the consumer of infants he's being made out to be. I'm not saying he's a spectacular choice for anything. But damn, people. Keep it in the road. If it's really tough to find concrete examples of his evil #ism, it's probably bull#.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The guy is very conservative and doesn't believe in political correctness, so by definition, he must be racist. That seems to be the narrative. Tried and convicted. And since Breitbart runs fairly sensationalistic headlines, it's easy to find some to take out of context to set up their narrative.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hmm let's see,

a freakin' White, Male, Conservative, not poor.

I think we got effin' Nazi.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

The guy doesn't seem to be the consumer of infants he's being made out to be. I'm not saying he's a spectacular choice for anything. But damn, people. Keep it in the road. If it's really tough to find concrete examples of his evil #ism, it's probably bull#.

That's exactly it!

If he is really as bad as we're being told he is, then we should be able to find blatant examples all over the place. And the "there" is just not there!

So now I'm wondering, what is the real deal with this guy??? Why him? Something doesn't add up.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Following this thread. I was just asking my BFF for some examples this morning!

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The accusations that Bannon is a antisemite stem from statements of his wife during their divorce/custody fight.

Anti-Semitic Trump campaign CEO Stephen Bannon not a big fan of ‘whiny brat’ Jews, ex-wife says

Mary Louise Piccard said in a 2007 court declaration that Bannon didn't want their twin daughters attending the Archer School for Girls in Los Angeles because many Jewish students were enrolled at the elite institution.

"The biggest problem he had with Archer is the number of Jews that attend," Piccard said in her statement signed on June 27, 2007.

"He said that he doesn't like the way they raise their kids to be 'whiny brats' and that he didn't want the girls going to school with Jews," Piccard wrote.

"I told him that there are children who are Jewish at (a competing school), and he asked me what the percentage was. I told him that I didn't know because it wasn't an issue for me as I am not raising the girls to be either anti-Semitic or prejudiced against anyone," she wrote.

Bannon asked his ex-wife if it bothered her that a second school, the Willows Community School, used to be a Temple.

And while checking out yet another school, Bannon asked the director during a sit down why there were “so many Chanukah books in the library.”

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Hmm let's see,

a freakin' White, Male, Conservative, not poor.

I think we got effin' Nazi.

You know, sadly, I think that's exactly why so many average Joe's and Jane's accept the charges at face value -- it must be white privilege by a White racist.

And I think those making the charges know how easily many people will accept the accusations, but I don't think it's the real reason he's being targeted.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I especially love the charges of anti-semitism. That are made by the very same liberals who coddle Muslim extremists who hate Jews more than anyone else.

With these guys, it seems that the real enemy is in the mirror most of the time.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Ben Shapiro has stated multiple times that he's not racist or anti semite and he hates Bannon and got fired by him.

link   
O'course, I DO look at the guy and the first memory match is Baron Harkonnen. I'm not sure why. But I see him with an antigrav harness going in circles giggling.

My mind is a scary place at times.

link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
With these guys, it seems that the real enemy is in the mirror most of the time.

We tend to accuse others of that which we fear most in ourselves.

Tom the Impaler

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Thank you -- I knew about the ex-wife's claims, and that they were made in the midst of an ongoing divorce/child custody battle, and subsequently dropped. I'm not dismissing his ex-wife's claims outright, but I am taking them with a grain of salt.

I didn't know about this:

And while checking out yet another school, Bannon asked the director during a sit down why there were “so many Chanukah books in the library.”

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I especially love the charges of anti-semitism. That are made by the very same liberals who coddle Muslim extremists who hate Jews more than anyone else.

You make a very good point. We do tend to judge others by our own standards... our own experiences. People who look at life in racial terms seem to assume that everyone does the same. Not necessarily coming to the same conclusions, but assuming he must be acting from a racist position because, well, they are so everyone must be!

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Not precisely. The other (popular) issue with Bannon is Breitbart's embrace of the Alt-Right with him at the helm. Bannon bragged back in July I think was that "Breitbart is the platform of the Alt-Right" and Breitbart has become known as "the home of the Alt-Right" though this is a very complicated picture.

Now a lot of people have a mistaken idea of what the "Alt-Right" is. The term "Alt-Right" was coined by Richard B Spencer. Richard B Spencer is in fact a white nationalist who advocates for what he calls a "European ethno-state" in the United States. Spencer most recently was the man scene leading the "Hail Trump!" shouts at the Reagan building as members of his audience threw up Nazi salutes. See how Milo Yiannopoulos speaks of Spencer and the Alt-Right in a Brietbart article from March of this year.

An Establishment Conservative’s Guide To The Alt-Right

THE INTELLECTUALS

There are many things that separate the alternative right from old-school racist skinheads (to whom they are often idiotically compared), but one thing stands out above all else: intelligence. Skinheads, by and large, are low-information, low-IQ thugs driven by the thrill of violence and tribal hatred. The alternative right are a much smarter group of people — which perhaps suggests why the Left hates them so much. They’re dangerously bright.

The origins of the alternative right can be found in thinkers as diverse as Oswald Spengler, H.L Mencken, Julius Evola, Sam Francis, and the paleoconservative movement that rallied around the presidential campaigns of Pat Buchanan. The French New Right also serve as a source of inspiration for many leaders of the alt-right.

The media empire of the modern-day alternative right coalesced around Richard Spencer during his editorship of Taki’s Magazine. In 2010, Spencer founded AlternativeRight.com, which would become a center of alt-right thought.

Alongside other nodes like Steve Sailer’s blog, VDARE and American Renaissance, AlternativeRight.com became a gathering point for an eclectic mix of renegades who objected to the established political consensus in some form or another. All of these websites have been accused of racism.

It's funny that he says "accused of racism" as though there is some question as to wether or not Spencer is a racist. He's clearly a racist by his own admission but that's the relationship that Bannon & Co have had with the (actual) Alt-Right. What Spencer and those like him represent isn't something that Bannon was unaware of. It was a strategic decision.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Following this thread. I was just asking my BFF for some examples this morning!

Interesting! Did you get any answers???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join