It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to tap S.C. Gov. Nikki Haley as U.N. ambassador

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A smart move from Trump. Hiss critics are unlikely to rally or run against him if they are a part of his admin. Nikki Haley may also add to her CV nicely in terms of her presidential ambitions. George H.W. Bush served in the same role for a time when the UN was a hotbed of Cold War Politicking. I don't think the role will have much influence as Trump will be the negotiator in chief not unlike Reagan.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: luthier

Your flag off Graves comment is really juvenile. It has no logical comparison to soldiers who died for the United States of America.

And that is exactly why a Memorial should never be touched by anyone not a descendant of those it honors.

You just stated you see a difference between a Confederate War Memorial, and an American War Memorial. You hypocrite! All you personally care about, apparently, is your own heritage... and simultaneously try to degrade me for caring about mine. This is exactly what is causing the strife in America today. You hurl accusations, and then the truth comes out that the one clamoring for special treatment is... YOU!

"Leave my monuments alone, but let's not concern ourselves with others' monuments. They're not important."

I guess those of us of Southern heritage aren't really Americans either, are we?

TheRedneck

Hey when was the flag put on your memorial?

Why was the flag put on the capital? Was it the fort or was it civil rights.

Let me guess your the guy who turns the radio up because he can? Even with the newborn next door. It's you right after all to blast the music within hours.

Give it a rest man. You are a conservative snowflake if your more concerned with a flag that was placed 200 feet away the the mass of jobs Haley brought as a negotiator.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Why did the flag go up in 61?

What was it a response too.

Probably a concern that equality for all would morph into a (worse) hatred for Southerners.

Not unfounded, as it turns out. Thanks for proving that.

TheRedneck

Considering I am a southerner that makes no sense.

Or is it only your 25 percent of the population are real southerners?

Being southern and being a confederate supporter are totally different.

Just like the slaves and soldiers are different.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Nicki Halie would not spend money on the infrastructure and roads in South Carolina. We have an epic trash problem of people discarding trash out their car windows. It is epic and pathetic. We have pot holes everywhere, washed away hurricane 1000 year flood loss of roads and small dams everywhere. Little India or little South Africa? The flag issue makes our state look backwards. History is in the past and everybody who caused those issues are dead. The people today are moving forward into the future of prospering.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Haley endorsed Trump in the general election and she`s a charming speaker.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: frugal

We are a top ten poor state with an average median income well below the national average.

At least she is not creating massive deficits spending revanue we don't have. She is actually incerasing the tax base.
edit on 23-11-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Let me guess your the guy who turns the radio up because he can? Even with the newborn next door. It's you right after all to blast the music within hours.

Nope. And even if I did, my 'neighbor' is a quarter-mile away.

Your true colors are starting to show. Wild unfounded assumptions about those you disagree with, attempts to demonize one group because you think they should agree with you, hypocritical attempts to justify your beliefs... is it something in the air causing this?

You say I have a 'social contract'... good, that means others have one with me. Contracts work two ways. Others can have their memorials... every major city now has a road named after Martin Luther King Jr... and we who still honor our ancestors can have ours.

Considering I am a southerner that makes no sense.

Or is it only your 25 percent of the population are real southerners?

I don't care what you call yourself. You deny and dishonor your ancestors by trying to forget them.

That's not what the South I know stands for.

Being southern and being a confederate supporter are totally different.

I remember one day I was driving a truck through Ohio. I was in a less-than-urban area and suddenly saw a sign:

"BIRTHPLACE OF WILLIAM TECUMSEH SHERMAN"

I almost ran off the road! Do these folks realize they're proud to be the home place of one of the greatest war criminals in history?! Do they not realize how immensely offensive that is?

But that's their right. I simply drove through town. It's their history, their Memorial.

I have driven down MLK Boulevard in hundreds of towns. I have seen statues of the man. That never offended me, because he was a great man. I accept and appreciate what those Memorials represent to those who erected them.

Why is it that you can't do the same?

(Since you mentioned it, I did oppose removing the Confederate Battlejack from our state capital. I can also understand the state capital is not a Memorial. There's a difference.)

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
February 1, 2017

Today UN Ambassador Nicky Haley made her first major public remarks about an event. The IRAN missile test yesterday, that could have violated their agreement with the U.S..

I saw it on TV just now. This lady is SERIOUS about not accepting any crap from IRAN. If President Trump sicks "Mad Dog" Mattis on Iran... they'll be whimpering like babies. Tonight IRAN is talking tough.. telling bald-faced lies and insulting Donald Trump.

HEY IRAN...there's a NEW SHERIFF in town! You'll find this out soon enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join