It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Say They Can Remove Fear From the Brain

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

This?

Thync

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SignalMal

And to think before a Lobotomy was the Only way to accomplish that . Hmm.. Isn't Modern Science Wonderful >?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
a reply to: Bedlam

This?

Thync

That's the tdcs version they're currently selling. It's sort of useful, but lately I've been having trouble with the link to their server from their control software. It wants to phone home when you use it, but if it can't get a connection, it defaults to basic mode. Their sw isn't contacting the server. No idea why.

I don't get much out of the energy vibes, but the sleep vibes work pretty well. On days when I get home with my head full of project and can't spin down, it's faster and less dopey feeling to use the thync than to load up on something medicinal.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
While the word FEAR has negative connotations, it is a useful and critical defence mechanism that ensures our survival.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
While the word FEAR has negative connotations, it is a useful and critical defence mechanism that ensures our survival.

For some people small level of fear is used to increase the moments of awareness per second and make the body react fast. An intense body fear level does harm since the mind and body freeze up and shivers instead of reacting.

Some people who have lost the negative setting of the amygdala have a constant higher number of moments of awareness per second and do not need body fear to react fast.
edit on 24-11-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Ummm, I might add, if you had no scruples, morals or religion and didn't give any #s at all, you could use beam steered ultrasonic pulses to cut various pathways in the brain. If you really wanted something out of someone, one might permanently sever this bit, and that one, and remove all inhibitions and filters on what came out of the subject's mouth.

It's one reason you have to be careful using ultrasonic physical therapy tools - you can powder bone, cut ligaments loose, cause permanent nerve damage, kill the nerves in and near the spine and whatnot. Designed to do that, you can obliterate very precise bits of brain. It's sort of a one way street, though.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Alcohol has been in charge of this for centuries. They will have to fight the beer lobby for general purpose use.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

There is literally not a day that goes by where I don't silently thank my creator for giving me those little hairs that stand up on the back of my neck.

Fear tends to make me keenly aware and very focused.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Lucky it doesn't say that the killing spree will be multiplied. .

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
You can remove fear from your brain yourself. Like a wise man named John The Apostle once said,

"There is no fear in Love, perfect Love casts out fear".

Positive hormones created by positive feeling and thoughts (oxytocin), blocks out negative hormones created by negative feelings and thoughts (cortisol).

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join