It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Six electors have vowed to cast ballots against their state’s popular vote

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I'm not sure anyone should be reading these tweets without CNNs permission or the permission of some high authority. This appears to be like a wikileaks situation. Think of the national security and those Russian spies you are aiding and abetting by reading information that is potentially damaging to our God Emperor. His involvement in the meme war has been disavowed and should no longer be public record.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TDawg61

originally posted by: Bluntone22
If the electors stab the voters in the back you with see the real protests and riots begin.

I totally agree.Its like their state saying to it's citizens their vote is invalid.Id be pissed too.

I'm kinda pissed that Clinton has more then a million votes more then Trump and still loses.

I can understand that.But I know your aware of how the system works.It would take an act of Congress to change to a popular vote.

Yes. Representative government.

I dunno. Been reading Electorates are not bound to it.

What a roller coaster this could be.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

They Cannot .

Are there restrictions on who the Electors can vote for?
There is no Constitutional provision or Federal law that requires Electors to vote according to the results of the popular vote in their states. Some states, however, require Electors to cast their votes according to the popular vote. These pledges fall into two categories—Electors bound by state law and those bound by pledges to political parties.

The U.S. Supreme Court has held that the Constitution does not require that Electors be completely free to act as they choose and therefore, political parties may extract pledges from electors to vote for the parties' nominees. Some state laws provide that so-called "faithless Electors" may be subject to fines or may be disqualified for casting an invalid vote and be replaced by a substitute elector. The Supreme Court has not specifically ruled on the question of whether pledges and penalties for failure to vote as pledged may be enforced under the Constitution. No Elector has ever been prosecuted for failing to vote as pledged.

Today, it is rare for Electors to disregard the popular vote by casting their electoral vote for someone other than their party's candidate. Electors generally hold a leadership position in their party or were chosen to recognize years of loyal service to the party. Throughout our history as a nation, more than 99 percent of Electors have voted as pledged.

" Some state laws provide that so-called "faithless Electors" may be subject to fines or may be disqualified for casting an invalid vote and be replaced by a substitute elector.

Some State Elector's Rules.......

ballot-access.org...
edit on 22-11-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

If the electors stab the voters in the back you with see the real protests and riots begin.

Hmmmm,

Doesn't Hillary have like a million more votes then Trump?

Not sure who's stabbing who in the back.

Don't like the election process as it stands?
Change the laws to reflect that in the next election.
Crying and changing the valid result in this election is cause for riots.

Give me a break.

If this was reversed Trump would be having a National Cow.

Thats funny Clinton was having a Cow when Al Gore lost to Bush

So was I.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Annee

Go burn a car, beat a Trump supporter.

I hear it's "all the rage".

I only do politics online.

You're stuck with me.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

At least six electors — members of the Electoral College whose votes actually elect the President — have vowed to cast ballots that don't align with the popular vote results of their states, Politico reported Tuesday.

If they carry out their intentions — in effect, becoming "faithless electors" — they would narrow Donald Trump's margin-of-victory in the Electoral College over Hillary Clinton.

LINK

I expected this to happen on a small scale. Thank goodness it should take at least thirty seven faithless electors to possibly change the result of the election.

There's still another step after the Electoral College vote. Congress has to approve of the vote.

I've been thinking recently that this process may be a way to control someone who has just been elected president in terms of picking their cabinet. They may be told that if the establishment doesn't approve of their cabinet, they may not be allowed to become president.

Here's an interesting examination of the issue.

Here's why the electoral college (probably) won't stop Donald Trump from becoming president

What I don't get is why people question why the electoral vote is needed. Anyone can go to the highest populated states and campaign there too. A vote is a vote regardless. If the number of people in your state voted in favor of a candidate then the electoral vote in that state should go to that candidate. This has happened for YEARS! Why is it now an issue? Simply because HRC lost? Then let's go back to popular vote. I am pretty sure that had we done that prior to this election Trump would still have won because his campaign would have been focused on more heavily populated areas. The 1.5 million that is being claimed HRC won the popular vote by would have been solely accounted for in CA.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

WOW. I cant wait for the next four years to go on, and you live your life just fine and dandy, and remember back to when you basically said and supported a 4tth Reich of NAZIesque proportions. Trump is not going anywhere. And considering how several antagonizing foreign leaders have not only changed their tone, but also offering cooperation and a willingness to renegotiate some trade deals, it should make you thrilled.

This is just tabloid nonsense for the checkout register anyways, so I am not concerned in the least bit. I think Trump should carry a gun on him at all times now though. Its good that he has Secret Service, but being able to shoot back yourself is always a welcome option as well.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Let's be clear.

Trump and his yes men are the NAZIs.

People still ask "How could it happen? How could Hitler happen?"

We are watching that process right now.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

No...*sigh*...we're not.

Not even in the least.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The media said so and even Trump disavowed. Sad I had to find out I was a Nazi this way, feels bad man

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AltRightIsAllRight

It also said HRC would win the presidency and that I could keep my doctor!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

One elector, Michael Baca said in a statement that he wouldn’t vote for Trump.

This moron is from Colorado. They voted for Hillary not Trump.

Added elector Bret Chiafalo, who along with Baca is part of a small group called Hamilton Electors, “All we’re trying to do is honor what the Founding Fathers gave us.”

This loser is from Washington. They also voted for Hillary not Trump.

These fools would only be faithless electors if they did vote for Trump.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I am sorry, but I just do not see it. I don't. What I see are real Americans, focused on what is in the interest of America insofar as what it takes for us to be stable and maintain integrity on the world stage without selling out to real foreign NAZIS. NAZI's such as, the Saudi Royal family and their openly proud persecution of homosexuals, restrictions on free speech, relegation of woman as servant animals with little rights, and routine be-headings. Or the billionaire Hedge Fund manager who openly boasts of his plots to utilize civil unrest to unseat and undermine the democratic process in hot spots around the globe, even brags of some of his successes.

Those documented actions, and not just empty words spoken under the banner of free speech are what should worry you in regards to who supports who.

But hey, don't take my word for it. chances are you will actually become more successful in the coming years vs the opposite.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

They say lots of cool stuff. I want to believe! Sometimes... but not when veterans of the great meme war are looked down upon as nazis or worse. We were told we where fighting for freedom! Our memes were the memes of peace.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
i thing i notice about trump supporters... they are mad... mad about america not being first... jobs being shipped oversea, that foreign money has so much influence, that politicians care more about other countries and their people, give them billions in aid, and not a dime to hard working americans who need help but cant get it... but a refugee or an illegal can come and get all the help they want and more.... pretty much a middle finger that their opinions dont matter and who they choose as a president paints them as a racist hateful bigot... when its the complete opposite......it seems they are fed up

if the electors do choose hillary as the president, and puts another middle finger in faces of the people who voted trump and pretty much say "your vote doesnt count, go away"

i can see real protests happening... and the ones in nyc and other places will look nothing in comparison

edit on 23-11-2016 by Perjury because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I am sorry, but I just do not see it. I don't.

That's OK.

Do some reading sometime though, on the process.

Not the person, the process. It might surprise you.

Here's a good article that shows both similarities and differences. www.dw.com...

It isn't so much Trump alone that concerns me, its also who he's surrounding himself with.

edit on 23-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Now the Hillary Brownshirts need to threaten just a few more for her to begin her reign of terror.
Bunch of effing Nazi's.

a reply to: underwerks
Might get your 4th Reich after all!

a reply to: annoyedpharmacist
Why vote when the Nazi's will just threaten to kill you if you vote differently than them.
This is where we're heading.

You keep using those words but I don't think you know what they mean. The American Nazi Party (you know, the actual Nazis in America) endorsed Trump, not Hillary. And the American Nazi Party's leader Rocky Suhayda praised Trump's selection of Bannon.

If you don't like Democrats, that's fine. You can hate the entire left wing if you want. But at least get your terms & insults correct.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

24 States have Statutes which Allow Electors who Fail to Vote for the Candidate to whom they are Pledged to be Criminally Sanctioned for such failure thus, the Result of the State Election is, in theory, Binding.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
"Clinton did SO great in California, she should get Ohio and Michigan's votes too" - this concept just blows my mind.

Though on the bright side, the left has finally come around to embracing American Special Forces mantras from the Viet Nam era - "Let me win your hearts and minds - or I'll burn your damn huts down".

The First Nazis tried to steal power in the Beer Hall Putsch - let's see if Clinton can write a best seller as a result of this second attempt.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I always hear how the president has no real power and is just a puppet to the shadow government. It's a main reason I find this election hilarious watching the reign of power slip away from those who thought it was their entitlement. I'm telling you every time the outcome comes to mind I have to smirk.
Priceless.
I mean the guy was supposed to be a laughing stock.
Now, if he has a steak with his family or tweets when he wakes up, the world is shook to its core.
You can't buy this gold.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join