It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Six electors have vowed to cast ballots against their state’s popular vote

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Bluntone22

If the electors stab the voters in the back you with see the real protests and riots begin.

Hmmmm,

Doesn't Hillary have like a million more votes then Trump?

Not sure who's stabbing who in the back.

Don't like the election process as it stands?
Change the laws to reflect that in the next election.
Crying and changing the valid result in this election is cause for riots.

Give me a break.

If this was reversed Trump would be having a National Cow.

Thats funny Clinton was having a Cow when Al Gore lost to Bush

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

FTR, I am completely against the electors electing Clinton regardless of my opinions of Trump and even my opinion that the election process needs to be rethought. It's impossible to believe that it would be anything but devastating for the country.

Honestly, I'm sitting right smack in the middle of the fence.

I so think Trump is a huge mistake.

But, what a mess if this would get overturned.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Lots of big lawyer type words I'm sure.
I think they like it that way to keep us in the dark.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

FTR, I am completely against the electors electing Clinton regardless of my opinions of Trump and even my opinion that the election process needs to be rethought. It's impossible to believe that it would be anything but devastating for the country.

Honestly, I'm sitting right smack in the middle of the fence.

I so think Trump is a huge mistake.

But, what a mess if this would get overturned.

I felt the same way about Obama.
I think I was right.
I hope you're wrong.
edit on 22-11-2016 by Bluntone22 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
That’s a bold strategy Cotton, let’s see if it pays off for them...

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

If the electors stab the voters in the back you with see the real protests and riots begin.

I totally agree.Its like their state saying to it's citizens their vote is invalid.Id be pissed too.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

I totally agree.Its like their state saying to it's citizens their vote is invalid.Id be pissed too.

I'm kinda pissed that Clinton has more then a million votes more then Trump and still loses.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Go burn a car, beat a Trump supporter.

I hear it's "all the rage".

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It certainly stands to reason that it's posisble but I think given the climate of hyperpolarization, the outcome of the popular vote, the record breaking unfavorable opinions of the candidates going into the election, etc — it also stands to reason that at least a few would be seriously considering it with no thought to threats at all.

Whatever the case may be, I think the chances of there being enough faithless electors to elect Clinton is some number that is very very close to zero.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Pics or it didn't happen. I have pics.

EDIT:

edit on 2016-11-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I'm kinda pissed that Clinton has more then a million votes more then Trump and still loses.

You shouldn't be, for a few reasons:

1) If the popular vote actually COUNTED, Trump would have campaigned in the same large cities where Clinton ran up the percentages, so the numbers would have been different.
2) The popular vote DOESN'T count, and for very good reason.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I can understand that.But I know your aware of how the system works.It would take an act of Congress to change to a popular vote.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Trump recently disavowed his involvement in the great meme war and will soon make all documents from that era classified

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
IMO this is political grandstanding to call into question the whole Electoral College process, the "left" already dislikes the Electoral process and something like this could cause those on the "right" to start pitching a fit, that would give the demigogs on the right and left an opportunity to call for a Constitutional convention. A Constitutional convention 'could' open up a path for changing other things in the Constitution not just the EC.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

That's true. You can't change the rules after the game is over. If people want to change it for next election it should be considered but it would greatly change the strategies of the candidates. In my view Clinton had poor strategy and lost. Time to move on.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Lynch the first one. See what the other six do.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Or maybe they want lake houses? Perhaps we should make a list of all the electors and set up a watch system to see who becomes the proud owners of second homes or some other luxury item? Placement on some really lucrative board of directors of some charitable foundation?
After all, we're talking Republicans who are going to be convinced to flip---bribes would be far more effective. When you've got billions of dollars at your disposal, literally thousands of FBI files and banker friends....bribes are easier than murder.

I'm still naïve enough to believe in the electors doing their duty. I don't worry for a moment about them. It's the crazy, out-of-control hillbots that are beginning to make me nervous.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

The only reason for that is most Californians are more brainwashed than someone from Project MKultra. That and the fact that half of the state is now consisting of brainwashed Mexicans.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Unclench your asses... even if enough electors vote Hillary (WILL NOT HAPPEN), Congress has to approve. Do you think Congress will approve Hillary?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Those tweets pretty much say it all. I can only imagine the riots and destruction that would happen if he were in Hillary's place but calling for revolution.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join