It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Six electors have vowed to cast ballots against their state’s popular vote

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: underwerks

Doesn't matter.

You can "denounce" all you want, I just don't believe you.

In the immortal words of the Dude, "That's, just like your opinion, man."

Actually I'm using your argument you used when you didn't believe Trump when he denounced the Nazi's.

I will simply believe that you are siding with those who beat, kill, destroy property.

But cheer up!

Through threats of death, you might actually get your way!

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I wish you and your kind could be transported to an alternate universe where you could spend the next 4 - 8 years under a Hillary regime, then you could come back and tell us all how glorious it was.

I'll stay and take my chances here with Trump as President, all the while thankful that Hillary's political career is over.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Might get your 4th Reich after all!

Better then an unpredictable loose canon.

Why am I not surprised that you would opt for a Nazi regime?

Of course he was narcissistic. That's why he made people believe in him the way he believed in himself. He had the exact traits of a narcissistic person, he loved himself more than anything, he always blamed others for his own actions, he never felt guilty about anything. He wanted to be worshipped, he was extremely manipulative, did not care about one's feelings. All he cared about was power and greed. That's a typical narcissistic person.

Response to the question: "Is Hitler a narcissist" - - - Germinal Van, B.A. Political Science

www.quora.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Doesn't matter.

You can "denounce" all you want, I just don't believe you.

In the immortal words of the Dude, "That's, just like your opinion, man."

Actually I'm using your argument you used when you didn't believe Trump when he denounced the Nazi's.

I will simply believe that you are siding with those who beat, kill, destroy property.

But cheer up!

Through threats of death, you might actually get your way!

I knew what you were doing. You'd have a point if I ran for president and hired a guy as my advisor who ran a paper that called itself "home of the elector threateners" and after I won thanks to their help I released a statement saying I disavow all elector threateners.

If I did that I wouldn't trust me either.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink

I wish you and your kind could be transported to an alternate universe where you could spend the next 4 - 8 years under a Hillary regime, then you could come back and tell us all how glorious it was.

I'll stay and take my chances here with Trump as President, all the while thankful that Hillary's political career is over.

And back at ya.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Actually if you study the body languauge and mannerisms Trump is more Mussolini than Hitler but dont worry hes a good Mussolini this lifetime hes got to 70 without a bunch of dead bodies in his garden.....unlike his competition.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Sorry, I'll just go with the working program that you are for the people who are making the death threats.

Have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
a reply to: goou111

These electors are basically setting their own political careers on fire. The people in their state have spoken. They won't be electors much longer. Go ahead. Anyone who goes against their people should be set on fire.

Electors don't have political careers to set on fire.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
If the electors stab the voters in the back you with see the real protests and riots begin.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
If the electors stab the voters in the back you with see the real protests and riots begin.

Hmmmm,

Doesn't Hillary have like a million more votes then Trump?

Not sure who's stabbing who in the back.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
a reply to: DBCowboy

saw this one coming. if the election was very close, she could either buy or threaten enough electors to change their votes. However, I find it unlikely that they will be able to flip over thirty of them. Still, the fact that they can be flipped is disturbing to me.

I wouldn't get too concerned about it. There have been faithless electors before. There's no way that enough will flip to elect Clinton. I doubt even all 5 of these folks will. There was bound to be a few given how contentious this election was.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Hmmmm,

Don't like the election process as it stands?
Change the laws to reflect that in the next election.
Crying and changing the valid result in this election is cause for riots.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Sorry, I'll just go with the working program that you are for the people who are making the death threats.

Have a nice day.

Same to you

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Hmmmm,

Don't like the election process as it stands?
Change the laws to reflect that in the next election.
Crying and changing the valid result in this election is cause for riots.

Give me a break.

If this was reversed Trump would be having a National Cow.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Probably. And you would be saying deal with it.
But it's not reversed and trump won. Enjoy the next four years.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I cannot denounce threats of violence against electors more. That is utterly without justification and anyone who has done it should be caught, arrested, convicted and jailed.

Any electors who have been threatened and their families should be receiving around the clock protection and every effort should be made to find and prosecute those who have threatened them.

That said, why are you so convinced that these 5 mentioned are motivated by threats? Have any of them been threatened?

FTR, I am completely against the electors electing Clinton regardless of my opinions of Trump and even my opinion that the election process needs to be rethought. It's impossible to believe that it would be anything but devastating for the country.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Might get your 4th Reich after all!

Better then an unpredictable loose canon.

No it's not.

If Donald becomes a Puppet of the Koch party, which is the way it's shaping up, his will be an absolutely disastrous presidency with dire consequences for the American people.

But it's STILL better than subverting our democratic process.

Which won't happen, by the way. These faithless electors are "protest votes." If one of them actually had a chance to sway the election, they would not do it.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

That said, why are you so convinced that these 5 mentioned are motivated by threats? Have any of them been threatened?

With the news that many electors are being exposed to threats of death, it stands to reason.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
o look the electoral college is being bullied to change there vote. Typical left

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Don't like the election process as it stands? Change the laws to reflect that in the next election. Crying and changing the valid result in this election is cause for riots.

Technically, the legality is only a consideration at the state level. The same system that makes it possible for a candidate to win an election without winning the popular vote also makes it possible for the electors to vote for the candidate who won the popular vote (or anyone candidate for that matter).

I'm not entirely sure of what can be done but I believe the states have until the week before the electors meet to deal with any issues of appointing electors. Depending on state laws, it might be possible to replace avowed faithless electors. (strong might)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join