It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Praises Breitbart News Network: ‘It’s a Pretty Big Thing’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
So Trump does an interview with the New York Times and praises Breitbart News !!

That must have had some peoples' knees hitting their collective jaws.

And while he was at it, he "disavowed" the alt-right thing too, and said he wants to find out why the alt-right is energized.

I think the alt-right is being super-energized by the MSM like the NYTimes.

Presiden t-Elect Donald J. Trump Praises Breitbart News Network: ‘It’s a Pretty Big Thing’

President-elect of the United States of America Donald J. Trump praised the Breitbart News Network in an interview with the New York Times on Tuesday, saying this outlet is “quite successful” according to a transcript of his quote released by that outlet’s media reporter Michael Grynbaum.
“Breitbart is just a publication,” Trump said before comparing Breitbart News to the New York Times.

“They cover stories like you cover stories,” Trump said. “They are certainly a much more conservative paper, to put it mildly, than the New York Times. But Breitbart really is a news organization that has become quite successful. It’s got readers, and it does cover subjects on the right, but it covers subjects on the left also. It’s a pretty big thing.”

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Right wing president praises right wing media. Stop the presses. Literally.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Reading about founders of 'alt right' seems to be mostly white supremacists. I can understand him disavowing. At the same time they seem to embrace many things that the right embraces including alternative information opposing the MSM narrative.

The two need to be separated. Personally don't like being associated with white supremacists.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Trump praises his puppet media.

Say it ain't so.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

They are seperate and always have been.

Paul Joseph Watson breaks it down:

There are two 'Alt-Rights'. One is more accurately described as the New Right.

These people like to wear MAGA hats, create memes & have fun. They include whites, blacks, Asians, latinos, gays and everyone else. These are the people who helped Trump win the election.

The other faction likes to fester in dark corners of sub-reddits and obsess about Jews, racial superiority and Adolf Hitler. This is a tiny fringe minority. They had no impact on the election. Guess which faction the media is giving all the attention to?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

This speaks more for further acceptance of alternative media.

The MSM (main stream media) has shown itself to be just another arm of the government.

Yay for everyone who participates in the new media!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

“Breitbart is just a publication,” Trump said before comparing Breitbart News to the New York Times.

“They cover stories like you cover stories,” Trump said. “They are certainly a much more conservative paper, to put it mildly, than the New York Times. But Breitbart really is a news organization that has become quite successful. It’s got readers, and it does cover subjects on the right, but it covers subjects on the left also. It’s a pretty big thing.”

To me it sounds more like mere recognition (of Breitbart as a news medium) than as actual praise - "the expression of warm approval or admiration of".

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

They are seperate and always have been.

Paul Joseph Watson breaks it down:

There are two 'Alt-Rights'. One is more accurately described as the New Right.

These people like to wear MAGA hats, create memes & have fun. They include whites, blacks, Asians, latinos, gays and everyone else. These are the people who helped Trump win the election.

The other faction likes to fester in dark corners of sub-reddits and obsess about Jews, racial superiority and Adolf Hitler. This is a tiny fringe minority. They had no impact on the election. Guess which faction the media is giving all the attention to?

Thanks for that info. Only thing...I read subreddits as well, just not those particular ones. None the less, consider part of the first group though I never wore a MAGA hat or the other stuff. The way it is written it makes them inclusive and somewhat superficial.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Imagine all the sieg heil salutes at the offices of breibart after learning this .

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Well, he can hardly come on teh TV's and praise CNN and MSNBC et al now can he? It's fairly slim-pickings these days when it comes to finding the correct interpretation of events and shenanigans that occur.

IMO, Brietbart & Bannon are now seen as a counter-balance to the networks and outlets that have exploited their positions for political purposes - you see, from my perspective, if it's OK for CNN & MSNBC to still have a broadcast licence after what they tried to pass off as 'news' this season, then the gloves have clearly come off and it's #in open-season on public propaganda.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

How about living up to your avatar and providing one shred of evidence of Breitbart staff being white supremicist nazis, to back up your claims.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The alt right I know was in response to gamer gate and SJW. I would consider myself to run in their circles and I have never heard of any of these old dudes who probably don't even know who Pepe is or believe in meme magic. There is no official alt right and I for one will not stand by while our questionable morals are questioned, not even by the God Emperor himself!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Trump is correct. Breitbart is very successful. They provide a product that there is high demand for. The problem is that they provide lies and propaganda for those that wish to find confirmation bias. They do not provide hard, factual news. In fact, their entire approach is to take things out of context in order to create a product that appeals to those that not only have a political bias, but are too lazy to take the time to fact check.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Trump is correct. Breitbart is very successful. They provide a product that there is high demand for. The problem is that they provide lies and propaganda for those that wish to find confirmation bias. They do not provide hard, factual news. In fact, their entire approach is to take things out of context in order to create a product that appeals to those that not only have a political bias, but are too lazy to take the time to fact check.

Well they have you to fact check right?

Never hurts to call out a liar as long as somebody can prove it.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

How about living up to your avatar and providing one shred of evidence of Breitbart staff being white supremicist nazis, to back up your claims.

Oh provide evidence for an off the cuff sarcastic remark about the self proclaimed alt right news source... Live up to your username and deny your arrogance. How about that.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: introvert

Well they have you to fact check right?

Never hurts to call out a liar as long as somebody can prove it.

We spend too much time on this website alone fact checking and putting things in proper context. The crap sources you and others use around here does waste a lot of our time.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

As I was going to say in another thread it's a yuge mistake not embracing the alt right label, especially for Brietbrat who have proclaimed themselves to be alt right before the denouncement by Trump. If you spend all your time trying to convince people you aren't whatever label they are calling you it doesn't leave much time for tackling any real issues. You are put on the defensive and have already admitted defeat and guilt to alleged thought crimes.

Trump did a great job embracing the deplorable label and that was a winning strategy. The path he has chosen now is a losing one, the left and the media won't suddenly start liking him no matter how much he sells out his supporters.
edit on 22-11-2016 by AltRightIsAllRight because: (no reason given)

top topics

join