It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Build A Wall and Secure The Borders Are Not Real - NYT Wont Release Off-The-Record Tape Of Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well...there are 2 metrics that are very related: new construction and our economic growth.

I know folks in construction, and outside of maybe Florida (where Cubans underbid Americans) its going to wreak havoc on new constructions. Homes, businesses, oil production, power lines, roads....between Weatherford and El Paso its almost impossible to staff a crew without illegals.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Off the record is off the record. If they leaked some of the information obtained in this meeting then they have already violated the terms of the agreement. Releasing any more would be an absolute violation. All that would do is give reporters a tool to use when they want to air dirty laundry. Lets have an off the record conversation. oops some of it got leaked oh well might as well release all of it.

If it's off the record, you don't record it. If you're recording it, it's by definition on a record, at which point it's pretty foolish to think it's going to stay buried forever. Trump should ask for it to be released. He won't though, because it's likely damaging to him.

But if it doesn't come out, we now know the NYT has something damaging to Trump that they can hold over his head. Or worse, one well positioned journalist/editor with a grudge could email Wikileaks and then it's out for all to see.
edit on 22-11-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I grew up on the border and have been designing and managing civil engineering infrastructure projects for over a decade. The wall can be constructed in less than 18 months from Brownsville to San Diego. The only real hang-up is going to be getting through the Animas Mountains (which can be done, it will just take the full 18 months) and bypassing the federal regulator offices like the EPA, Corps of Engineers, etc (which can be easily done by Trump declaring the wall to be a national security matter, allowing the office to totally bypass any and all permitting processes.)

It took China 1,000 years to build the Great Wall because they were constructing it without the benefit of any real technology. We can rapidly move materials and equipment today, making comparisons moot.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Really cool when news reporters do off record. So they know the facts but can't report them, which is what I thought was their purpose.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

This is a federal project. The COE will likely work with National Guardsmen to construct the project. There are also national construction firms that specialize in bringing in crews from all over the country for mega projects, then moving on to the next project when close-out is completed.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

originally posted by: Spacespider
Sounds to me the anti Trump movement are getting desperate..
The funny part is that most anti trumps do not even know why they are protesting

I am not anti Trump. I just wanted to see if he ever backtracked his other promises

He never promised anything.. he said "we should build a wall" and he said it before he was president..
Building a wall like the Chinese wall would be pointless.. a fence would be more efficient and cheaper

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well of course we can do it. He'd never survive (politically) trying to do it.

It would be an ecological disaster for the southern border, and a financial nightmare for a middle class that already foots the bill for everything else.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

Sounds to me the anti Trump movement are getting desperate..
The funny part is that most anti trumps do not even know why they are protesting

I am not anti Trump. I just wanted to see if he ever backtracked his other promises

He never promised anything.. he said "we should build a wall" and he said it before he was president..
Building a wall like the Chinese wall would be pointless.. a fence would be more efficient and cheaper

Trump clearly said many, many times "we will build a great wall." Not "should build a wall." That is a promise

Skip to 1:57 www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Well, I cranked the numbers back in the Spring and priced the entire wall (minus ROW costs, which I believe can be mitigated with the national security tag anyway) at roughly 1/3rd the annual expense of dealing with all the illegals presently in the US. Obviously all of those annual costs won't go away, but the savings on the nations' medical, educational, law enforcement, and social programs simply from shooing the illegals out and actually securing the border will pay for the wall. Elimination of NAFTA would pay for it, too... Mexico sees a $54 Billion annual benefit from NAFTA. Get rid of it and use that money to build the damn wall.

Mexico is already an ecological disaster along the border, leaving it open will only allow more of that disaster to spill into the USA.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Personally I find it hilarious that the media and the left has always taken Trump's wall literally. I think Common Sense people realize that you all can mean a lot of different things but it's basically just about securing the Border.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

"We are going to have a real wall," Trump said during an interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper on Thursday.

www.washingtonpost.com...

"We are going to have a real wall," Trump told the enthusiastic crowd. "And who is going to pay for it?!" "Mexico!" the crowd roared in response.

www.usatoday.com...

Trump also reaffirmed his intention to build a wall at the U.S.-Mexico border. "It's gonna be a real wall," he said. "Not a toy wall like we have now.

www.cbc.ca...

Sr. Trump adv: Reports of "virtual wall" are false. Trump determined to build wall, adv says: "It will be an impenetrable physical barrier."

twitter.com...

"People are pouring across our borders, which is horrible," Trump said. "We have to build a wall. ... Look, I build some of the greatest buildings in the world. Building a wall for me is easy. And it would be a wall. It would be a real wall. Not a wall that people walk over."

www.newsmax.com...

He sure said it would be a real wall often.

Disclaimer: I am neither a member of the media nor a member of the left.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This story is from back in the primaries. Look at the date on that ed Cruse tweet....

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

It sounds as though Drumpf is seriously suggesting that video's of Drumpf chanting with his crowd...'Build the Wall Build the Wall'...

is completely different from a 'promise', and I am sure you are right. However, the Drumpf did make a big deal about building a Wall....or at last getting Mexicans to build a wall...

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Has anyone seen statistics on the relevant importance that Trump voters place on each of this Campaign "promises"?

Personally, making America more modern (400mph trains), withholding $$$ from leech countries, and replacing ObamaCare, were the top 3 for me. Probably 90%.

Throwing Hillary in jail was 5% of my reason for voting for Trump. Exporting/Preventing Illegal Immigrants was 2%.

Will YOUR quality of life will be improved if the Trump administration loaded up planes, boats, and trains with Illegal Immigrants and shipped them out? The negative effect in my area would be a shortage of lawn service helpers.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

It reminds me of people who were happy after Obama won because he was going to pay their bills and replace the streets with gold brick.

LOL, gullible.

For real. It was strange what people were saying Obama was gonna do for them.

I voted for him because he said he was a methodical thinker. Which he is.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

No.

We're going to build the wall! Believe me!
We're going to build it, it will be paid for! Who is gonna pay for it?.......

Also:

edit on 11/22/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I always knew that building a wall sounded rediculous huge undertaking,costly material's,and I'm sure would be violence from both sides of border,I always pictured it as a plan for a disaster,both country's need each other to survive,the government already has US citizens required now to hold a passport,never needed one when I was a kid,people don't realize,when big corps pull all their money out of the economy now,a dollar will be worth about 1 cent,so I'm thinking in doing so they are being very short sided,better off with sensors,they never take their eye off subject they guard

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It's at this point when you start wondering why the NYT should have a seat in the press pool at all. Maybe it's time for another paper to become the "paper of record."

Better yet, just implement top down censorship. That way, no-one can ever say something that triggers you again!

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My belief is that the entire event was a "honeypot" so PE Trump can determine which (if any) members of the "press corps" are trustworthy. After the treatment the candidate received in the MSM, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the "press corps" was "disbanded" - so they can each scramble to cover the President without benefit of government funded press corps travel or access to Air Force 1.

Something has to be done to dismantle the propaganda machine.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

It's not censorship. They're still free to report on the president, but not every source that does so has a seat in the press pool.

If the Time is no longer a reliable source of objective journalism, then perhaps it's time they cede that position to another paper in another city that doesn't have that spot now and might be more objective.
edit on 23-11-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join