It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

My mom was just Euthanized and I pulled the trigger.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1 Please, please do not feel guilty about your choice you were only trying to do the best for your mom. I can empathize with your thoughts as I had a similar decision a couple of years ago when I had to agree to have my brother life support turned off. It was not easy and has lead to me having to have counseling but I always have thoughts about my decision.
Please don't think I am trite but these things happen that are beyond our control and you HAVE to move on. Look after your mom and do the best you can for her, kiss her on the forehead and apologize, she will know. Good luck for the future and I hope your mom recovers for you. And again please, please don't feel guilty about your decision.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm so sorry. My my was beginning to show signs of dementia early this year. She fell three times in less than a month after getting confused in the dark going potty. Her Dr recommended, and my sisters and I pushed, for her to go to two weeks of in house rehabilitation. At that point, Mom lived alone. She shopped, cooked, you name it. Except drive. She was fiercely independent and quite stubborn. We told her if she wanted to continue living alone, she needed to get stronger and work on her balance. We had no idea that we were making a huge mistake. In the rehabilitation/ nursing home they gave mom that medicine after she began complaining about wanting to go home. This was the end of May. On day 15 they dropped her off at the local hospital unresponsive. She was in renal failure. They took her to the University of Tennessee and put her in ICU. After two weeks there, we were told she would get no better and a nursing home was the only answer. She was six hours away from me. I spent all of June and part of July driving down twice a week and doing my level best to get her to my town. She had been on a waiting list for an apartment here. I finally got her here on July 12 with the help of Hospice. She died on July 22. I know that I killed her twice. I made choices that were never mine to make. I nagged her in to rehabilitation when she was so worried about nursing homes. I made a choice to call on Hospice when it seemed I had no other choice to get her here. The guilt eats me every single night as I try to sleep.

This was not your fault. It is the fault of the medical professionals that knew better. They like to keep them docile so it's easier for them. It seems like the best way to keep elderly people safe is to keep them at home with us. It's just not always possible. I'm sorry you're going through this. I'll pray for you and her.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Please PLEASE don't blame yourself for this. It was not your idea or suggestion for your mother to be given this medication. And it is the responsibility of the medical professionals to give you the best known information in order for you to make a competent decision. This is supposedly why we have an FDA and medical licensing laws and all that jazz... because it is up to the professionals to make sure the appropriate medicine is given for any/all conditions.

If anything, you are as much a victim as your mother in this.

But right now, your mother needs your love and care and advocacy more than ever -- and you now understand why much better than ever. Just don't neglect yourself and your own needs in the process. It's just as important to take care of yourself in order that you can take care of your mother. I hope you have some backup and support for yourself. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Even if that's asking someone to pick up a few groceries. Everything someone else can take care of for you is that much less you have to take care of yourself.

Be strong. Keep the faith. Take good care of mom. My heart and prayers are with you both.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Like everyone else, I will say that it is not your fault. You put your trust in the Doctors and did what you thought was the best thing. I will pray for your dear Mother and for you as well. Hugs!!!!!!!

@Kentuckymomma, Please don't let these things haunt you. At the time, you did what you thought was best. Your Mother would never want you to live with such guilt and regret.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Well I am glad that you have family around to give support. That's the main thing when fighting something like this. I am also glad that your mother appears to have perked up a little. Hopefully that trend continues.

There will be a time to make someone pay for the lost time, but that is not now. Value what is left. Make notes, do research by all means, but do not let the bloodthirst take you yet. There's still warmth and love to give and receive, and while it remains available, it's best to be as involved as possible.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

Im hearing so many stories like ours. Im so sorry your feeling guilt. Its so hard, on one hand, Dementia patients are hard to handle so you welcome some help. But, I really never thought they would purposely kill someone. It is a huge drain on society, and I understand the economical reasoning behind it, but wow, it leaves people like us feeling like we should have kept them safer. It hasnt been that long since you lost her, so emotions are still high, but you have to let yourself heal from thinking your to blame. We did nothing wrong, accept follow the advice of people who didnt have their best interest at heart.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
My mum has Vascular Dementia and I am presently going through another trauma with her care so I can empathise. Your mum wouldnt want you beating yourself up for trying to get her the best care and being ill informed. My mum is 88 so just a couple of years younger than your mum. I've recently began to realise that guilt is part and parcel of grieving for the person that they were. I dont know about your relationship but I always was very close to my mum and always ran to her when I was upset. I miss her being there when I am making decisions on her behalf because she would have been my adviser.

Just love your mum and if the worst happens think it was meant to be and she will have gone somewhere better xa reply to: misskat1
edit on 22-11-2016 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I take Risperidone on a daily basis for mental health reasons. I also take Procyclidine to counteract the side effects of the Risperidone. But only in low doeses.

Risperidone turned me into an old man, hunched up shuffling my feet. When sat on a computer chair I coulnt stop moving around the room my legs would not stop moving. Thank goodness I now take Procyclidine as well.
edit on 22/11/16 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I'm so sorry. I know nothing we can say here will really console you...but please don't blame yourself---You were only trying to help someone you love.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I feel for you man. Manufactured drugs are BS.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

That's the biggest problem I have with the Big-Pharma "treatments" they engineer for us. THEY ALL have nasty, life-threatening over time side-effects. They will usually kill your liver, kidneys, heart, or burn and cut something off! The "medical establishment" and Rockefel33r medicine have taken many lives.

My grandpa had severe COPD and recurrent Pneumonia infections. They asked him if he was "ready to go" in a roundabout way, and he basically said "No". Grandma didn't want to "deal with him" anymore, so she told the doctor to do "what they needed". Doctor shot him in his IV with 50mg morphine, as my grandpa's lungs shut down and he suffocated to death.

He wasn't ready to go, but they pulled the trigger. All I can say is that it was the daycare/hospital that was ordering your mom to get these psychological "treatments". Don't blame yourself, since you discovered it after the fact. You weren't the doctor that wrote her script I'm guessing, so don't blame yourself. I wouldn't blame you.

It is a sad thing that this is the way the medical system works. To me, it is as bad as live abortion (partial-birth). Any culture that holds their elderly in high esteem are usually long-lived empires. Let us hope to see a shift in the "medical establishment" that will start saving our elderly!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Why would a nursing home, who makes a profit from housing residents, want to conspiratorial kill the people bringing them money?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalan

Why would a nursing home, who makes a profit from housing residents, want to conspiratorial kill the people bringing them money?

because it costs more to take care of what they would consider problem residents. they would benefit from the time saved dealing with the person and taking care of them until done and then move in another.

many nursing homes are nothing but a vile pit of greed, neglect, and laziness only open for money. not for caring and concern of their residents.

edit on 22-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

because it costs more to take care of what they would consider problem residents. they would benefit from the time saved dealing with the person and taking care of them until done and then move in another.

Of course, killing them conspiratorially is cheaper than sending them to a facility that can actually care for them.

(it doesn't actually cost more to take care of a "problem resident," especially when insurance pays for meds/treatments/etc).

many nursing homes are nothing but a vile pit of greed, neglect, and laziness only open for money. not for caring and concern of their residents.

Or, what most people don't see: they're regulated to hell and have to understaff nurses and supplies just to stay in business.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I hope your Mum can get better, best wishes to you and your family.

I've been on Seroquel which is the cousin of Rispiradone.. it really does zombify you.. so.. hopefully it's just the meds, so sorry to hear about what you're going through.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Sad news to hear of you and your mom's situation. You rely on professional medical assistance for helping the unhealthy and they do the opposite. I hope those involved get bad karma their way and your mom keeps at peace with her innocence. Don't feel bad it is not your fault. Just hope your mom deep inside her head knows there is not much she can do in her situation. Just be the best son in the world to her

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

She wasnt in a nursing home. She lives with me. Golden Umbrella has a day care program where they pick up the dementia patients and keep them for a few hours then bring them home. It gives the care taker a much needed break to get their own groceries or clean house etc. I should have had a clue that something wasnt right. because every time she would go, she would come home with explosive diarrhea. And would look so feeble.

The elderly are a drain on the system. Most care takers are paid to care for them. Plus medical, diapers, etc. So, I do think there is a conspiracy to kill them off. I read that Johnson and Johnson has paid out huge money on resperidone in malpractice suits. But, it is nothing compared to how much they have made on the drug.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Put my mum in a care home after much deliberation with family, she was fit and healthy enough just blind and unable to go to the toilet during the night.

She died within 3 days of admission, i blame us, the family for taking her out of her environment, no idea what, if any, drugs were administered

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

(it doesn't actually cost more to take care of a "problem resident," especially when insurance pays for meds/treatments/etc).

your wrong

when they figure two nurses/ aids per so many residents in a 8 hour shift, and it takes three or four a 30min to clam down or restrain one resident. say its four that's 2 man hours. then they have to go back and take care of the other residents. if that happens 4 times a day, that's 8 man hours plus whatever time it takes care of the others.

so yes that does add cost in man hours, and cuts into their bottom line as they see it.

Or, what most people don't see: they're regulated to hell and have to understaff nurses and supplies just to stay in business. Text

before i went to work in my shop, i worked in maintenance at a nusring home for a year, and while at my shop did service calls for several local nursing homes on their coffee, tea, dishwashers, and generators.

this is what we were told,the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) recommends that the minimum staffing level was when nursing home residents received three hours of total staff time per day -- two hours of of aid time and one hour of nurse time. with the best staffing level at one hour of nurse time, and three hours of aid time.

states requirements are usually much higher than federal but still far short of CMS guidelines.

federal law requires medicare and medicaid certified nursing homes have a RN director of nursing at least 8 hour a say 7 days a week, and a RN or LPN the rest of the time. there is no set minimum for nurses aids, they do however have to maintain a sufficient staff and services to provide the highest possible level of care.

you have to check on what your state requires to know for sure
so as you can tell that is not a lot of staffing requirements, other regulation may be a big cost factor. but that is no reason to let staffing fall to minimum standards.

edit on 22-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The same thing happened with my great aunt. After being diagnosed with Alzheimer's, her doctor put her on Risperdal and withing a month she died. She was 92. The medication specifically said not for use in elderly patients with dimentia and the side effects included sudden death. Its sad how doctors basically kill off the elderly these days. I'm sorry for your loss.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join