It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broken Image Links

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Over the last week or so, very few images seem to load. Mostly I just get those little white boxes with the red cross. Even the majority of avatars show the same little boxes. Does anybody else have this problem lately?

First I thought it might be my Internet or Internet security settings, but I haven't changed them in ages. I even tried setting them all to low, but still no change, and the problem only seems to happen on ATS. Can anyone help?

I posted a link to an image in photobucket.com but it won't show up on ATS. Nothing wrong with the BBcode in the post either.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I do i have to reload the page a few times or individually click on the picture then do the view image thing.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
For some reason all of my images in posts and blogs were gone...
I first ignored it, but then was worried.
My problem did not seem to stem from ATS though?
I for some reason had to go into my ISP storage area and check and for some reason it is not secure anymore...
Used to be https:
Then I had to go to all pictures on here and blog and change them to: http instead...
Man as if I am not paranoid enough....
I really have nothing important to say, I just wanted to post after cpr...(squirrel hater!!)

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

ive not had a single problem, aside from individual errors, usually by people new to the boards who have messed up a link.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It seems that images that are sourced from offsite are not showing, and those in the ATS database are.

My avatar and bobafett1972's show up, and both are in the ATS uploads. Amorymeltzer and cpr12r's don't, and they are sourced from elsewhere. Amorymeltzer's posted image won't show up either, sourced from members.lycos.co.uk...

Any ideas?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
It seems that images that are sourced from offsite are not showing, and those in the ATS database are.

My avatar and bobafett1972's show up, and both are in the ATS uploads. Amorymeltzer and cpr12r's don't, and they are sourced from elsewhere. Amorymeltzer's posted image won't show up either, sourced from members.lycos.co.uk...

Any ideas?

Umm, they show up for me?
(put down the glue!)
Just kidding...their Avatars are showing up for me?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I can see all the images just fine. Maybe you have some sort of ad-blocking software in your browser. My avatar image is hosted off site and I know others can see it as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
*Cartman voice* Goddammit!!~

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
yeah, thats what i would suggest. see if you have some settings to accept from ATS, but not certain other, more untrustworthy sites, like a free lycos hosting account.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm not sure, but I think it may be related to this error message I get when I edit my profile:

Warning: getimagesize(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known (is your IPV6 configuration correct? If this error happens all the time, try reconfiguring PHP using --disable-ipv6 option to configure) in /home/abovetopsecret/public_html/forum/memcp.php on line 380

This is really starting to piss me off, not being able to see images.

I figured the above is an address that I can alter php settings, but I don't know what to put as the start of that url.

Tried these but none of them work.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
home...

Am I on the right track?
ARRRRRRRGHHHHH~!~!~!~!

new topics

top topics

join