It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Looking Back at November 22, 1963

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I remember. I was sitting on the floor watching a cartoon, I believe it was the Flintstones, when the broadcast was interrupted and the scene came onto the TV. It was my first exposure to violence and to politics.

I didn't understand what was happening, of course, but now, over 50 years later, I've grasped the gravity of the situation.
Recently I asked my mom how she and Daddy had responded or reacted to it.....
I had never thought of it before.

I had turned 5 years old 5 days earlier.
edit on 11/24/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I remember where I was, too. I also remember standing in person, for the longest time, staring at the eternal flame.

I'm also just going to present one photograph, imo the most important photograph taken that day...

Edit: Oh yah, the video. Most revealing tidbits are towards the end, for those really interested beyond a 'quick look'.

edit on 24-11-2016 by intrptr because: YouTube

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Kennedy proposed "landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to the Earth" by the end of the 1960s, in an address to Congress on May 25, 1961.

I was 5 when I heard that on the news, at that age you can still dream.

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World played November 7, 1963 just prior to the Kennedy assassination.

That Beechcraft D-18 that Tallmantz Aviation flew in the movie should be in a museum.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join