It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking Back at November 22, 1963

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I remember 11-22-1963.
I remember where I was, what I was doing, the weather, the time of day when I heard that the President of the United States had been shot.
I was very young, but still have a clear memory of that day.

I doubt anyone old enough to remember does not.

John Fitzgerald Kennedy was murdered on the streets of Dallas.

That was the day that changed the United States and the people.
Maybe we lost our innocence, maybe the white-gloved, hat-wearing, looking at the world through rose colored glasses left.

It ushered in the sexual revolution, political upheaval, and civil rights protests.
Who know how the country would have been had Kenendy not been murdered. I'd like to think we'd be in a better place than we are on November 22, 2016.

And it is a sad commentary that so little mention is made of that Day in History today.
So this is my attempt to remember that day.
Please join me.

1 Kennedy: The Assassination
2 Kennedy: The Single Bullet Theory
3 Kennedy: The Head Shot
4 Kennedy: The Autopsy Photos and X-Rays
5 Kennedy: The Case Against Lee Harvey Oswald
6 Kennedy: Alteration in Zapruder's Film
Addressing the JFK “Secret Society” Speech...
List of Withheld JFK Assassination Documents.
Lee Harvey Oswald, Assassin or Patsy?
The Death of JFK: Project Amworld
The JFK Assassination, An Overview
A Look Through The Mind Of An Assassin
edit on Tue Nov 22 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: title and link fix, grammar

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

That era was such a contradiction....innocence and complexity all wrapped up together.

I'm glad you posted this.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I remember ,I was on the school bus heading home and a car stopped and flagged down the bus driver to tell him .At the time it wasn't known that he was dead and that came later on , on the news . There was sadness all around for many days even among us young kids .

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

We were sent home from school and all the teachers were crying. Told to all "go straight home to be with your families"...we didn't know if it was an attack by Russia and the start of WWIII.

We were all really really scared....terrible day.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I thought I was an old man..lol
I wasn't born when that happened. 1971

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yes, we were sent home early as well.
I don't remember if we were told why or not.

I remember adults being really sad and quiet.
There was only 3 TV channels back then....and for the whole weekend, until the funeral on Monday....regular programming seemed to disappear.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Amen.

And although I have spent a lot of time there, I still have a real problem with the city of Dallas because of this.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It was step 1 in the takover by nazi fascists in the US. Nixon paved the way for GHW Bush to seal the deal in the Reagan years.

Great thread DTOM

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Did he get hit in the throat first? He is waving and smiling then grabs his neck quickly and is no longer looking up or out at the public. Shortly after the fatal shots strike his skull

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22Jesus, Bluntone, I was born in 1949 that's old. I live in the middle of England and I remember where I was when Kennedy was killed. Shocked even then and I aint American.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I think that you give the office of the president too much credit. He's only one man--sadly, I doubt that the current state of America would be much different.

It would be neat if we had a what-if machine, though, so that we could take a peak into what it would be like.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Great thread DTOM

That day puts how much things have changed in the spotlight. I can't see our country reacting to a similar event now in the same way.

I was in 4th Grade. It got quiet then our teacher disappeared for a few minutes and came back with one of those big old TV's we had in large oak cabinet on wheels and turned it on. There were tears everywhere.

They called all our parents and then sent us home. Everyone was in such a state of shock, even though we were children we were drawn in to it. The rest of the day we sat in front of our black and white TV's with foil on the rabbit ear antennae watching it play out.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I wasn't even a month old...living with my parents, grandmother, and four sisters in base-housing in West Germany.

I spoke many times with my parents, and even my older sibs, about that day. My father was always convinced that it was a coup, given what he'd heard/seen in Vietnam, even in the early days of our involvement--he never told me what, even at 40 plus years removed. "Some of 'em are still alive" were his exact words.

Who "some of 'em" are, I leave to you. I have my guesses, nothing concrete.

My mother and grandmother, neither of whom were fools, came down on the side of the Cubans out of Miami, or elements within it...

My sisters only remember how scared the teachers were.

Anyone who has done any sort of in-depth research on this can't help but come to the conclusion that it was, at its very heart--the assassination--a conspiracy. First to kill the President, then a conspiracy of silence to hide that fact. On going to this very day. Soon it'll be a generational thing.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Great thread! I wasn't around then, but have read a lot on the subject. I have often wondered what the US would be like had this not happened. I would like to think it would be a better place.

Thanks for the thread!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I remember a lot of talk about both the Cuban's and the Mafia.

I had an uncle, heavily involved with the John Birchers who I recall ranting about it being a coup also.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

It probably depends who you ask.
There is an excellent series that came out years ago.
Sadly, you really cannot buy the whole thing anymore.
The Men Who Killed Kennedy

The two disc set available on Amazon is not the completer series at all.
Some of the episodes disappeared from the series.....it offers guesses other than the official story....some of the theories stepped on some toes.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Did he get hit in the throat first? He is waving and smiling then grabs his neck quickly and is no longer looking up or out at the public. Shortly after the fatal shots strike his skull

Yes, he was shot through the neck and then the head shot killed him.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Yep...I was in Catholic school and we had those irritating room intercoms where they'd leave the room and listen to us pretending to behave...and for important announcements.

When that one came on...the nuns were crying over the speakers. And then we went home watching our 3 black and white channels (and getting up and down to switch back and forth between the 3 because there were no remotes)...and WHILE we were following how and why Kennedy was killed...I watched Lee Harvey Oswald be assassinated on live t.v. we were watching for Kennedy updates...

A sad and frightening moment in time.....Peace and R.I.P Mr. President

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I so do remember the day.

I spent years researching this on my own. Read everything I could about it. Watched every TV show or video that covered the assassination - good or bad. Flew to Dallas and spent a few days walking around Dealey Plaza, the Grassy knoll and of course the school book depository. I also spent an awful lot of time talking to people that may have had info related to the assassination.

Ultimately, my conclusions as to what happened on that terrible day really don't matter, and I have since since started to focus more on what he actually did in office before that awful day.

For instance, Reagan gets a lot of well deserved credit for helping bring down the Berlin Wall.

But remember this?:

Ich bin ein Berliner!

Jack started things in motion....

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This was the speech that killed him..

www.JSTor.org...

I'm sorry I don't have a direct link to the audio it was priceless....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join