It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has said, that many people would like Nigel Farage to be our new US ammbasador

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Oh man, I have a feeling your in for a long 4 years!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Meh, they're all dodgy!
We've gotta deal with the devil whatever so I'd take the devils mate on my team if he can influence deals I'm negotiating.

Doesn't even need to be formal ambassador, just invent some post like US relations special advisor.
I want anyone on my team if they can text the US president.
Pure business sense in my decision, cold business sense with no emotion.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Meh, they're all dodgy!
We've gotta deal with the devil whatever so I'd take the devils mate on my team if he can influence deals I'm negotiating.

Doesn't even need to be formal ambassador, just invent some post like US relations special advisor.
I want anyone on my team if they can text the US president.
Pure business sense in my decision, cold business sense with no emotion.

I have a feeling that any special favours will be one way only myself, I cannot imagine Farage bieng anything than a little puppy running round #ing us over for his big rich mate in the hopes of a few nice directorships to retire with.

He already has him trying to get those ugly wind turbines away from his posh hotel???

then lets all sit back and wait to take on some of those other great American idea's like not having a national health service and arming the police(imagine getting the contract to supply all those guns and bullets to a country our size eh!!)

All good business sense I agree but this is a nation of people not a corperation to be streamlined to increase shareholder profits...

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Ha ha, only a few months ago, Farage was telling the U.S President to keep his nose out of British Politics. Now he is suggesting that the U.S President Elect, is bang on the money and thinks it could be a good thing.

And that's your typical politician, duplicitous and focused on their own agenda.
edit on 22/11/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Oh okay.
Opinions is all though, none of us are in that loop, and I couldn't really give a # either way to be honest.

Britain still has to deal with Trump, he will remain mates with Farrage, and it is unlikely to make a scrap of difference to my day to day life regardless of what happens in international politics.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Oh okay.
Opinions is all though, none of us are in that loop, and I couldn't really give a # either way to be honest.

Britain still has to deal with Trump, he will remain mates with Farrage, and it is unlikely to make a scrap of difference to my day to day life regardless of what happens in international politics.

Yep, broke my own rule and talked politics on ATS

I've got man flu and a few bottles of homebrew wine so I thought why not eh?

Everything in moderation including moderation as an old mate of mine used to say, he was dead at 32 mind...

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

So, what else is new?

And anyway, time passes faster when there is a body of work to do. Clearly there are matters to which people of sound mind and good conscience must attend.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Haha I did think you'd publicly sacked politics off the other day!
They're all crooked high enough up the food chain though. Maybe not Corbyn but I fall asleep every time I hear him rambling so I can't really comment on him.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Haha I did think you'd publicly sacked politics off the other day!
They're all crooked high enough up the food chain though. Maybe not Corbyn but I fall asleep every time I hear him rambling so I can't really comment on him.

Maybe you should try reading what he says but using the voice of Morgan Freeman then, that might encourage you to vote correctly next time....

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I love how the EUphiles from the establishment are saying that a "head of state of one nation telling another country who they should appoint as their ambassador is unusual" or similar talk.

Firstly, Trump is not telling anyone who they should appoint, he is merely suggesting someone who already has close ties with him and his team. Anyway, do the EUphiles even realise how nation state commissioners are appointed to the EU...

Each Commissioner is first nominated by their member state in consultation with the Commission President, although the President holds little practical power to force a change in candidate. The more capable the candidate is, the more likely the Commission President will assign them a powerful portfolio, the distribution of which is entirely at his discretion. The President's team is then subject to hearings at the European Parliament which will question them and then vote on their suitability as a whole. If members of the team are found to be inappropriate, the President must then reshuffle the team or request a new candidate from the member state or risk the whole Commission being voted down

It's not a full parallel but I think it shows a slight hypocrisy.

In my opinion, it makes sense for both sides to agree on the ambassador/commissioner. Surely it needs to be someone who can build a relationship and someone who has the US, the UK and their citizens at heart.

It doesn't have to be Nigel, though I think he would be the best choice. It needs to be someone who can talk straight to the point and no PC crap. I don't think someone like that will be able to relate or even be persuasive to Trump and his team.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

LMAO!
Okay, I'll try that

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Farage was a useful MEP that was great at telling the unelected Eurocrats how idiotic and undemocratic they all were but I honestly don't really care if he becomes an ambassador or not; they tend to not do very much anyway. I suppose it's funny watching all of the entitled political establishment brick it at the prospect though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join