It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

'There's nothing wrong with being white.' Trump's win brings 'white pride' out of the shadows

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thanatos0042
a reply to: JesusXst

Yeah, I always liked Morgan Freeman, but after I saw that interview clip he went up 1000% in my books.

and you know, when I was growing up, I never really thought about my non-white friends being anything as other than my friends. Admittedly, I didn't have many because of where i grew up, but I did have a couple...and it didn't matter whose house we were at, if we got in trouble we got our butts whooped lol

True that! Racism is ugly, Children don't see the world in color when they look at each other, Only sincerity and kindness and what feels right.

I had a few friends growing up, 2 were Filipino and one was Indian (from India), a few were North American Natives. I never once not once thought about that.

It's the MSN and those in charge that have made it their purposeful choice to focus on that in particular, which is why there's so many problems with it now.

It needs to be laid to rest the whole Racist thing.

About the butt whooping yes, I got my own many times growing up lol.

Again, i'm glad you posted that it needs to be remembered!

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"Say hi to Granny for me would ya."

Cant mate she passed away last year, but hey she was 90, so rather a good innings.

"If there are less white people then by all rights why are they not in the 'Minority' like BLM?

They are in the minority worldwide, and they are soon to also be in the minority regarding the US as statistics clearly show.

In the world today, less than 10% of the Earths population remain of what essentially amounts to white European racial stock. Back in the 1970s that figure was around 25%, can you not see the pattern?

Whats BLM?

My condolences
It's never easy losing a family member to death.

10% isn't a strong number..... A definitive pattern, yes.

BLM stands for Black Lives Matter, a group in the United States who feel more worthy

of not sure what, than other races, that's what my knowledge of it is.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: amazing

Why would you want to be proud to be white?

"Gee, I'm so proud that I had nothing to do with who gave birth to me and into what family, ethnicity and country I was born into." LOL

I'm white and male and perfectly fine with it. However, I never feel the need to proclaim it at the top of my lungs or announce to you how proud I am of it.

Keep in mind that most minority groups that proclaim "Latin pride" "Gay Pride" "Black Pride" or anything of that sort, are only doing so because they've been discriminated against, or made to feel less than at some point.

As white people, we've never been discriminated against or had a hard time in life because of being white.

Your last point is false. Some white people HAVE been discriminated against. Why would you think otherwise? It's illogical.

Hardly any. Not in the way that millions of minorities have been discriminated against. Just think of the word "minority" it implies that your a subsection of society that is smaller than the majority.

I've lived in multiple states and never been discriminated against because i'm white. Am I just that lucky? I don't think so.
I have. And I work in social justice, ironically. Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. That's a fallacy. Before you think I'm ignorant, I've spent 10 years working on related issues. 3 degrees related to it. Obviously it's not the same scale as minorities. But that's a different argument and discussion. Can you see that those are two separate points?

Yes and I'm saying that discrimination against white people, especially white males, is very minimal when compared to actual minority segments of our society. Just it happens...but so infrequently. I've never been passed over for a job or not gotten a sale or had something made harder to get or had a housing issue or an education issue. It doesn't happen to me. Again, not because I'm just lucky, but because it's such a rare thing in America. It's almost a non issue.

A good comparison would be...Alligator attacks leading to death. Yes it happens, but it's really a non issue for must of us. I think it's 25 deaths since the 1970s. Again, you are correct that it happens and it could happen to you, but it's very, very rare.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

You're right, children really don't...there's still magic in the world so race just isn't a thing for most of them.

You're right, MSM really shoulders a lot of the blame. The news is horrible in general though, going for sensational headlines...it's not like the news of yesteryear. Though society in general plays a roll in that too, by giving them higher ratings.

i tell you, it's only a matter of time before The Running Man air's on TV as a live reality show LOL

Like the popular song, people need to just Let it Go. Change can only start if you stop focusing on all the evil and negative and work on focusing on the good and positive. i know on a personal level, that has really made a BIG change in my life (and for the better). Change is HARD though.

And thank you, glad I could post something helpful and worth remembering

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thanatos0042

You're right, children really don't...there's still magic in the world so race just isn't a thing for most of them.

You're right, MSM really shoulders a lot of the blame. The news is horrible in general though, going for sensational headlines...it's not like the news of yesteryear. Though society in general plays a roll in that too, by giving them higher ratings.

i tell you, it's only a matter of time before The Running Man air's on TV as a live reality show LOL

Like the popular song, people need to just Let it Go. Change can only start if you stop focusing on all the evil and negative and work on focusing on the good and positive. i know on a personal level, that has really made a BIG change in my life (and for the better). Change is HARD though.

And thank you, glad I could post something helpful and worth remembering

Do you remember when you were a kid and couldnt give a rats arse

about Politics let alone the News on TV your Parents watched every

night? These kids now are so involved with Politics it's scary.

It's good to be focused I agree, but the world needs to let kids

just be kids.

Thanks for your reply!

add - The Running Man lol forgot to reply to that one,

as crazy as that was I can see that as an actual Reality TV Show haha.

I'm thinking with Politicians though and a few cage matches.

edit on 23-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
There's nothing wrong with being white.' Trump's win brings 'white pride' out of the shadows

There is nothing wrong with being white.

There is nothing wrong with being black,brown,orange or what the hell ever.

The problem is political hacks trying to pit 'races' against each other for nothing more than a vote.

Funny how were suppose to be ALL Americans, except when it comes to election time. Where identity politics is the name of the game.

And then there is the rest of the ethnic groups in this country that for some odd reason always gets left out of the conversation.
edit on 23-11-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Why would you want to be proud to be white?

"Gee, I'm so proud that I had nothing to do with who gave birth to me and into what family, ethnicity and country I was born into." LOL

I'm white and male and perfectly fine with it. However, I never feel the need to proclaim it at the top of my lungs or announce to you how proud I am of it.

Keep in mind that most minority groups that proclaim "Latin pride" "Gay Pride" "Black Pride" or anything of that sort, are only doing so because they've been discriminated against, or made to feel less than at some point.

As white people, we've never been discriminated against or had a hard time in life because of being white.

Your last point is false. Some white people HAVE been discriminated against. Why would you think otherwise? It's illogical.

Hardly any. Not in the way that millions of minorities have been discriminated against. Just think of the word "minority" it implies that your a subsection of society that is smaller than the majority.

I've lived in multiple states and never been discriminated against because i'm white. Am I just that lucky? I don't think so.
I have. And I work in social justice, ironically. Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. That's a fallacy. Before you think I'm ignorant, I've spent 10 years working on related issues. 3 degrees related to it. Obviously it's not the same scale as minorities. But that's a different argument and discussion. Can you see that those are two separate points?

Yes and I'm saying that discrimination against white people, especially white males, is very minimal when compared to actual minority segments of our society. Just it happens...but so infrequently. I've never been passed over for a job or not gotten a sale or had something made harder to get or had a housing issue or an education issue. It doesn't happen to me. Again, not because I'm just lucky, but because it's such a rare thing in America. It's almost a non issue.

A good comparison would be...Alligator attacks leading to death. Yes it happens, but it's really a non issue for must of us. I think it's 25 deaths since the 1970s. Again, you are correct that it happens and it could happen to you, but it's very, very rare.
Again, in another post I outlined that I DID get passed over for a professional job as a result of such issues. In liberal NYC, and liberal orgs, it is much more common. More people project on to white people.

As I said, I've been a student of and activist regarding oppression of minorities. There's no need to convince me that it is a historical reality. It's real.

But I can tell you that in the social justice orgs I work in I'm getting sick of being projected on because I'm a stereotypical looking white blond bro.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Both my grandmothers are Choctaw. Both were born in the 1920's so both dealt with racism. They used to try to blend in with people. Both didn't talk about their race very much except within the family. I grew up living in the same house with one of them. She told me black people were lucky that they could march and protest because when Indians do they always get killed. When the blacks marched it was usually the KKK when the Indians marched it was the government that killed them. We were all taught that our race was American. We never did the I'm Italian, Spanish, Mexican, British, Scot, Irish (even though I myself have those bloodlines too). If you're born in America then your American. Like it or not it's what you are, black brown yellow, whatever color, you're still American.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with being white and Im tired of hearing it snowflake. Or black or brown or yellow or red for that matter. So grow some balls get mommies tit out of your mouth and get a job.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
a reply to: kruphix

This video here

Tell me thats not racist
Tell me if it was a white woman saying we needed a white candidate that all hell wouldnt break loose.
Do you seriously not see the double standard?

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

It's a complete double standard.

It's like pointing to a MySapce comment as evidence that someone is in the mafia, yet they are associating with people that have songs with Mafia in the title. Claiming that a person is violent with no history of violence at all, yet the person they are associating with is facing charges for holding a person against their will and pistol whipping them.

You can beat your head against the wall and people will continue to find ways to justify what they are doing for whatever reason. It's time people start showing some backbone and realize people of all races have their quirks and that actually makes us more alike than different and stop giving racists a platform to spew their hate.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

"My condolences It's never easy losing a family member to death."

Thanks, it is never easy but like i said she was 90 and suffering from severe Alzheimer's. At that point quality of life is almost nonexistent. Hopefully she in a better place.

"10% isn't a strong number..... A definitive pattern, yes."

Actually, i was being generous and rounding up, 9% is the actual statistical figure. The definitive pattern is suggestive that both black and white peoples days are numbered as we continue to interbreed and our ability to travel across the globe in greater numbers effectively progresses.

"BLM stands for Black Lives Matter, a group in the United States who feel more worthy"

Cheers, when i Googled the acronym i thought it may have been "The Bureau of Land Management". LoL Truth is through that all life's matter, colour is a non issue, or at least it should be.
edit on 24-11-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: pianopraze

I agree, but for that to happen people on BOTH sides need to quite the racial identity political BS.

Here's the thing:

By and large, whites don't have a racial identity. The only racial identity is what other people apply to us.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Its ok for white conservative types to step up and let folks know they are still there. Clear the air a bit cause it was getting real stinky. It will be ok sheep. When you figure out the press and university have been BSing to you for years......you will be able to move along.

edit on 24-11-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Democratic party will never regain power by driving whites out of the party or making the whites that remain look like water boy lackeys. No one is ever going to rise alone in this country without whites among them. If that cant be understood by minority leaders then THEY should be gotten rid of.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It's funny to see black entertainment or latin entertainment award shows. If there was a white award show, people would be in total outrage. Yet, a minority group can do the opposite. How absurd.

It's all due to the human psyche. Human minds naturally sway towards the extremes. From racism, to extreme liberalism.

It's going to take a long time for humans to evolve behind it I believe. For all our intellect and great minds, we still are bound to petty ways of thinking.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Morgan Freeman was once asked in an interview, "How can we stop racism?"
He replied, "Stop talking about it."
I couldnt agree more. Racism is another one of those things the MSM keeps pumping and fueling the fire with. It fills the airwaves with stories meant to enrage Minorities and scare Caucasians. I have friends of all races. Theyre all wonderful people who use their brains and not their emotions to think. I know Blacks that insist that theyre intentionally 'kept down' in ghettos, and discriminated on, and thats the cause of all their problems. I also know Blacks who decided they didnt want to fall into bad habits, or be part of he ghetto stereotypes. So they got an education and made their own path rather than follow what MSM and society told them they were going to do. They are now very successful, happy people.
On the flipside, i know Whites who born into privileged families with the luxuries many of us dream of. People who had EVERY opportunity (although undeserved) to take advantage of the path their family had made for them. Instead of taking that path, they threw it all away for a life of drugs and crime.
In closing ill give my opinion that Race IS NOT the issue. The issue is that MSM and the Entertainment industry along with Capitalism has every young adult and child believing theyre all gonna be Musicians, Rappers, Rock Stars, Actors, etc. Nowadays people are 'famous' for no reason! (I.e. Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian) When these young adults realize thats not true, they want someone or something to blame it on. If they dont get their way, its because somebody's conspiring to hold them back, not because theyre lazy and unmotivated. The easiest thing to blame it on is racism.
Look at what were dealing with now with the election. People are saying "i didnt get my way, change it so im happy!!!" Then its, " oh, you wont change it? YOURE RACIST!!! YOURE SEXIST!!! YOURE A HOMOPHOBE!!!"
Imnot saying racism doesnt exist, it does in some forms. However, 98% of it's a cop-out as the result of poor choices/activities/actions of the subject.
If everyone of every race made good choices and respected each other, who woud be racist then?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

White guy here. I feel no different about being white then I did on Nov 7th.

I just dont care what color our POTUS is, as long as it was not Hillary.

Honestly if Judge Jeanine ran for president instead of Trump. She too would have won for the exact same reasons. (Probably in an even bigger landslide because she would have appealed more to many PC people due to the color of her skin. )

I wonder how the media would have spun the election. I think many people simply said "Anyone, just not Hillary."

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

People are proud for just having chemistry picking them randomly from a load of soon to be non-living white trash.

Right. Wings. Awesomeness.

"Look Mum, I can poo!"

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Unless you are an albino,you are BEIGE,nothing to be proud of if YOU haven't done it yourself.
CERTAINLY not because of skin at any rate.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join