It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

'There's nothing wrong with being white.' Trump's win brings 'white pride' out of the shadows

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
"White pride"?

I'd say being white in America and just walking around in relative freedom as a white person (which I am) is enough.

Minorities have "pride months" or whatever because they're minorities. They don't control the money, the politics, or the seats of power. Historically minority groups have had their culture steamrolled, co-opted and destroyed.

When your skin color is the same as the people who run the banks, the elected seats in government, the big corporations, ect -- I'd say you have enough to be "proud" of. Caucasian-skinned people have dominated the West for centuries, making other "racial" groups bend to their will.

It's only been in the last 150-200 years or so that people with skin of other colors from other parts of the world have been allowed to amass wealth and gain any kind of social standing.

*sigh*

Whatever you guys have to tell yourselves to boost those fragile egos, and calm that fear of "loosing" the power and status you've enjoyed for centuries.

The fact is, the color of one's skin does not have ANY bearing on the intelligence or capability of that person. There is no "inborn" right to power in this world, and there isn't any kind of "inborn" or genetic advantage in having one skin tone or another.

It's just re-packaged tribalism from our cavemen days. This us vs. them crap, and the fear of "the other".

Who cares about "Black History Month" or whatever? I'm a white guy, and every day is "white history day". Almost everything in my world is tailored and marketed to me, a white guy. The people freaking out and pushing "white pride" suffer from horrible cases of white-fragility.

Sheesh.

edit on 23-11-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
a reply to: JesusXst

White people are demonized. We are called all kinds of racial slurs in public forums, and it is now considered acceptable. There are endless examples, but whites in America are painted as evildoers. Take a look at these Wikipedia entries:
RACIST

NOT RACIST

This has been an ongoing trend for many years, and it is now mainstream. Soros and the other social engineers at the top have ensured that our media and universities would create the perfect environment to raise a whole new generation of ant-white racists.
youtu.be...

We are now seeing this generation in the streets protesting Trump. In order to be convicted of racism, all one needs to do, is be born with the wrong colored skin -- white.

Yes, it's most unfortunate how low humanity has driven itself.

Prayer doesn't work as well as it used to.

Vengeance is Mine, I know what to do.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
"White pride"?

I'd say being white in America and just walking around in relative freedom as a white person (which I am) is enough.

Minorities have "pride months" or whatever because they're minorities. They don't control the money, the politics, or the seats of power. Historically minority groups have had their culture steamrolled, co-opted and destroyed.

When your skin color is the same as the people who run the banks, the elected seats in government, the big corporations, ect -- I'd say you have enough to be "proud" of. Caucasian-skinned people have dominated the West for centuries, making other "racial" groups bend to their will.

It's only been in the last 150-200 years or so that people with skin of other colors from other parts of the world have been allowed to amass wealth and gain any kind of social standing.

*sigh*

Whatever you guys have to tell yourselves to boost those fragile egos, and calm that fear of "loosing" the power and status you've enjoyed for centuries.

The fact is, the color of one's skin does not have ANY bearing on the intelligence or capability of that person. There is no "inborn" right to power in this world, and there isn't any kind of "inborn" or genetic advantage in having one skin tone or another.

It's just re-packaged tribalism from our cavemen days. This us vs. them crap, and the fear of "the other".

Who cares about "Black History Month" or whatever? I'm a white guy, and every day is "white history day". Almost everything in my world is tailored and marketed to me, a white guy. The people freaking out and pushing "white pride" suffer from horrible cases of white-fragility.

Sheesh.

White Pride, Bl'ack Pride, Asshole Pride... Everyone has the right to be proud of their Culture.

Don't take that away for the Lighter colored Races. That would be Racist.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

People are people, colour, creed or religious orientation should not come into it.

So as to white pride, i ask what about human pride? What have we really got to

be proud about given what we have done to this world never mind each other?

Dont include me in your little equation.

That star i just gave you, you didn't really deserve it but i gave it to you nonetheless.

Why? Because I am a proud star giver.

Joe over there, is Proud of his White Culture.

It's not up to you to decide for the majority of human beings on planet earth

what they should and should not find Worthy of being Proud of.
edit on 23-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: JesusXst
Here's a touchy subject, I thought i'd just stick this in the Mud Pit for the safety of 'place reasons here'.

But It is a valid topic and like everything else, has been on peoples minds these past few years. So why not discuss it here, rationally if at all possible, right.

By Jaweed Kaleem Contact Reporter
November 17 2017

www.latimes.com...

A
s he watched the news of the presidential election in the last week, Kory Duquette became increasingly agitated. Pundits were blaming a “whitelash” for Donald Trump’s win and called it a massive exercise of angry white ballot power. Civil rights groups said the president-elect’s victory has inspired dozens of attacks on blacks, Latinos and Muslims by people who shared Trump’s suspicions about immigrants. Commentators said that in his quest for a win, Trump pandered to America’s darkest racist impulses. Duquette, a 37-year-old Trump supporter from Alabama, was ready to fight back. “#Whiteshaming doesn’t work anymore! you label me? you wonder why Trump won?” Duquette, who is white, posted this week on Twitter. “Tired of being classified with untruths.”

One of the more widespread effects of the Nov. 8 election may be the emergence of a broad array of everyday Americans who insist they're not white nationalists but say the president-elect has made them more comfortable in their white skin. In an era of dueling “black lives matter” and “all lives matter” campaigns and regular debates over free speech and political correctness, Duquette, who says he has heard the phrase “white privilege” one too many times, said he now feels vindicated. “We were, I felt, backed into a corner and … told, ‘You white people had your day, it's our turn now,’” he said this week from his home in Arab, Ala. “I feel Trump broke that P.C. barrier, … made me feel comfortable again to speak out.”

liberal here. I agree that identity politics has become too divisive and also white shaming recently. Unfortunately, many people felt that they had to push back by electing Trump. I voted Stein. But, liberals DO need to look in the mirror regarding the excesses and double standards of SJWs.

You are undoubtably from the Old School Liberals. When they were cool and still made complete sense.

and that's saying a lot, in light of what's going on now.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

"Dont include me in your little equation."

Cant help it im afraid after all you are Human, like i said people are people, colour does not come in to the equation, and if it does then you have to entertain the possibility that your a racist.

"That star i just gave you, you didn't really deserve it but i gave it to you nonetheless."

Wish you could take it back and give it to Jesus, apparently he will show you the light.

"Joe over there, is Proud of his White Culture."

Joe over there should be content with being proud of culture alone. God knows what he's proud of all the same, one step forward and two steps back imho.

"It's not up to you to decide for the majority of human beings on planet earth."

I don't decide anything, but i also don't judge others based on there ethnicity alone. I will point out, in an ideal world, its not up to the minority to decide anything, and white people, myself included, are indeed a minority.

Have a nice day.

edit on 23-11-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

"Dont include me in your little equation."

Cant help it im afraid after all you are Human, like i said people are people, colour does not come in to the equation, and if it does then you have to entertain the possibility that your a racist.

"That star i just gave you, you didn't really deserve it but i gave it to you nonetheless."

Wish you could take it back and give it to Jesus, apparently he will show you the light.

"Joe over there, is Proud of his White Culture."

Joe over there should be content with being proud of culture alone. God knows what he's proud of all the same, one step forward and two steps back imho.

"It's not up to you to decide for the majority of human beings on planet earth."

I don't decide anything, but i also don't judge others based on there ethnicity alone. I will point out, in an ideal world, its not up to the minority to decide anything, and white people, myself included, are indeed a minority.

Have a nice day.

LOL ok ok, and another star for making me laugh

I still stand on what i said though, for the record...

The 'Racist' card has been dealt and now holds no power over the majority

by the minority as it has these 8 years under Obama. Nice try though, that was

almost original, minus the racist card. You can only play the hand so long before

people begin to realize that Peter was a whiny big mouth with only one thing to

say.. WOLF!

Cheers bro

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

My wee granny used to say "you cant teach pork".

Why don't you attempt to relies the fact that white people are not the majority of human beings on planet Earth?

Consider this, the percentage of non-Hispanic white people in the U.S has reached an all-time low of 63% and its not going to get any better with time.

Just a thought, but it seems to me that colour is heading in the same direction as the Dodo.

After all "we are all Jock Tamson's bairns".

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

My wee granny used to say "you cant teach pork".

Why don't you attempt to relies the fact that white people are not the majority of human beings on planet Earth?

Consider this, the percentage of non-Hispanic white people in the U.S has reached an all-time low of 63% and its not going to get any better with time.

Just a thought, but it seems to me that colour is heading in the same direction as the Dodo.

After all "we are all Jock Tamson's bairns".

Say hi to Granny for me would ya.

If there are less white people then by all rights why are they not in the 'Minority' like BLM?

They should be if what you say is correct.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

"Say hi to Granny for me would ya."

Cant mate she passed away last year, but hey she was 90, so rather a good innings.

"If there are less white people then by all rights why are they not in the 'Minority' like BLM?

They are in the minority worldwide, and they are soon to also be in the minority regarding the US as statistics clearly show.

In the world today, less than 10% of the Earths population remain of what essentially amounts to white European racial stock. Back in the 1970s that figure was around 25%, can you not see the pattern?

Whats BLM?

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
a reply to: kruphix

You and others dont seem to get it.

I dont have any issues with charities or groups set up to help people who need it, and in fact my real issue here isnt even one of race.
My sole issue is the hypocrisy of things like the term black power/pride being OK and even considered positive and empowering yet white pride/power is associated with evil and bigotry.
This double standard exists across many different fields and topics.

How many black study groups exist and are advertised as such? I can recall a couple years back when a white kid tried to start a white study group and how quickly he was jumped on yet his school openly had black/latino/gay only study groups without issue.
Why is it OK for minorities to want their own space to be together but its not OK for whites?

Personally Ive never wanted to be a part of a white only anything and I dont have an issue with exclusive groups but it needs to work both ways.
Agreed. I've often said that these double standards are not constructive and are harmful, even to the very social justice goals many people believe in.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well...all I can say is....

You just might be a sexist, racist, misogynist, bigot, hater and ignorant person if...

You didn't vote for Hillary.

You don't support minority rights over majority rights

You don't blindly believe what major media publishes

You don't embrace PC culture wholeheartedly

You don't feel guilty all the time

You don't constantly apologize for what you, your ancestors or others did or do (didn't do anything - not an option)

and

You most likely are a sexist, racist, misogynist, bigot, hater and ignorant person if...

...your skin is white.

Sorry, I couldn't resist poking some fun...I'm sure that makes me sexist, racist, etc, ad nauseum...

I really like this interview except from Morgan Freeman and Mike Wallace.

Snopes

WALLACE: Black History Month, you find ...
FREEMAN: Ridiculous.
...(check link)...
FREEMAN: I don't either. I don't want a Black History Month. Black history is American history.
WALLACE: How are we going to get rid of racism until ...?
FREEMAN: Stop talking about it. I'm going to stop calling you a white man. And I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman. You're not going to say, "I know this white guy named Mike Wallace." Hear what I'm saying?

I'm with some of the other posters here who think we need to just be Americans instead of Asian American, Black American and Chartreuse American (okay, the last one is made up...).

I'm just tired really. Tired of hearing about how evil I am because I'm white and because of what my ancestors did (and I have no idea what most of mt ancestors did, they came from the UK and Germany a couple of generations back). I'm frustrated in that any time someone who is white doesn't toe the right line, they are involved in a "white-lash" or executing "white privilege" some equally coined term that is used to further insult and degrade me and tell me how evil and worthless I am. Ugh. I'm just sick of it all.

Maybe I am an angry white dude who deserves all that negativity. Because I am tired of special interest groups getting their way, of the over-emphasis on minority rights, of being told I am in the wrong and horrible for not feeling I need to make amends for things I had no part in, for not agreeing I have some mysterious "white privilege" , for thinking that all these people telling everyone else that I am a evil, racist, sexist, misogynist, bigot, hater and ignorant ...are probably just describing themselves.

White shame is another double standard that needs to go away along with all these "exclusive" groups that everyone OTHER than white people can have. Fair needs to be fair or it just further splinters us.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: goou111
a reply to: Irishhaf

why are you crying if you dont shut up I will give you something to cry about.

LOL. That brings back some memories. Yeah the kids today are just a bunch of pussys.

Problem is They're our kids. So its our fault.

I own my own 24 year old spoiled SJW.

I was just talking about that the other day when I took my son to the park. When I was a kid everything was metal and they had gravel down on the play grounds. Now they put down foam pads and everything is plastic. Times be a changing guess our parents didn't care if we got hurt lol.

Every time my sisters Eldest has something go sideways, If I am around she will look righ at me as I smile and say "dont you dare say this builds charecter"... So of course I do.

If folks dont fail they dont build the charecter to stand up when things dont go as planned.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: Puppylove

Part of the issue is most white skinned people have moved beyond racism.

LOL.

Oh, to be so naive and clueless...must be nice to live in denial.

But I guess when what you are in denial about doesn't effect you, it's pretty easy.

it's closer to the truth than what you are saying, but it has EVERYTHING to do with the company you keep. Might want to look inward on that aspect sport.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Thanatos0042

Well said my friend well said.

I always liked Morgan Freeman, now I know why, he's level headed.

edit on 23-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Yeah, I always liked Morgan Freeman, but after I saw that interview clip he went up 1000% in my books.

and you know, when I was growing up, I never really thought about my non-white friends being anything as other than my friends. Admittedly, I didn't have many because of where i grew up, but I did have a couple...and it didn't matter whose house we were at, if we got in trouble we got our butts whooped lol

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

It really bugs me when people are called White , Is everyone color blind as i have never seen a white person in my life not unless i were to get some paint and give them a coat of brilliant white .

I am slightly pink i think
and were i to paint someones ceiling and woodwork in my color i would have no chance of getting paid .

Slight rant off

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

You may be white but you're not white guy. Anyway there's reason whites control the world and always will. Everyone had their chance but only white guys got it done. And to claim there's no mental differences between the races is as absurd as claiming there's no physical differences between the races. Anyway best you can do is blog about maybe not write trump on my cup so not worried about it.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
THis has nothing to do with race. Why are we discussing it as if it does?

Trump won because of 3 reasons:

- he was very strong pro labor in his campaign
- he said what many people typically think without fear, which made verbally oppressed people feel warm and fuzzy
- he isn't Hillary

That is the 3 legged stool that carried his win.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: GillStorm
a reply to: Kettu

You may be white but you're not white guy. Anyway there's reason whites control the world and always will. Everyone had their chance but only white guys got it done. And to claim there's no mental differences between the races is as absurd as claiming there's no physical differences between the races. Anyway best you can do is blog about it maybe not write trump on my cup so not worried about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join