It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

'There's nothing wrong with being white.' Trump's win brings 'white pride' out of the shadows

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Don't call me white...

The problem, we have is the fact that most people want to group things into these pretty little boxes and categories.
That is not how the world works.
Anyone,
ON EITHER SIDE OF THE POLITICAL SPECTRUM
Who decides to judge a person because of what category they put them in, is in fact a racist.
Judge people by who they are, not what you think they are.
It's sad, because most of the people accusing people of racism, are using racist methods to do it.
It's truly baffling and it makes me angry to see ignorant scum bags throwing out these accusations, not realizing that what they are doing is just as bad, or worse.
Idiots, all of them.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Can any one of you persecuted snowflakes come up with an example of anti white media bias?

I like to see you attempt to deny especially the compilation in the second video.

or that one

Black people cant be racist and the dictionary's definition of racist doesnt count because...it is just the dictionary -MTV-
(but when it comes to Feminism according to this racis...i mean woman then we have to strictly limit ourselves to the dictionary's definition of it)

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 22 Nov 2016 11:50:07 -060016201611America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

a reply to: TheBulk

A lot of hate crime isn't reported on the news at all but, according to the FBI, hate crime against white people is about 16% of all hate crimes so I'm not sure why you think you should be hearing about anti-white crime everyday.

BLM doesn't target white people and the media has portrayed them either neutrally or negatively as they do with all protest groups.

MTV (they aren't the only ones) is discussing racism backed by power. In that aspect they are correct, every black person in America could rabidly hate all white people, they don't have the power to disenfranchise white people from government or society.
I understand this argument, about power. But it also is limited, because it ignores the fact that people of color can have power as managers, leaders, business owners. If a person can not hire me or promote me, they have power.

I work in a 100% liberal office. Often identity politics optics are put over years of experience and objective qualifications in promotion. This stuff does happen. That IS a form of power.

I also was the finalist for a very good professional political job. My friend who worked there told me I was rejected at the end in part because I'm a white male. The decision makers were people of color. I both was qualified for the job and needed it desperately.

Also, the racism =prejudice plus power argument misses the mark on interpersonal or community level wrongs. If a black person beats, robs, or kills a white person out of prejudice (a hate crime), do you really think they aren't projecting real and measurable harm onto that person?

Do you have an answer for these issues?
edit on 22-11-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

A lot of hate crime isn't reported on the news at all but, according to the FBI, hate crime against white people is about 16% of all hate crimes so I'm not sure why you think you should be hearing about anti-white crime everyday.

Often times black on white crime isnt labeled a hate crime, even when the attack was clearly racially motivated. For example:

Akron police investigate teen mob attack on family

Also, what is the per capita percentage and your source for that number? White people are over 65% of the country, so 16% is pretty high.

BLM doesn't target white people and the media has portrayed them either neutrally or negatively as they do with all protest groups.

They most certainly do. Tons of examples but here are a couple:

#BlackLivesMatter Protesters Disrupt Students in Library: ‘F*ck You, You Filthy White F*cks!’

Black Lives Matter protestors segregate media by race at Democratic convention

MTV (they aren't the only ones) is discussing racism backed by power. In that aspect they are correct, every black person in America could rabidly hate all white people, they don't have the power to disenfranchise white people from government or society.

Ok so you're an anti-white racist which is why you dont think there is anti-white racism.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: goou111

Those of you who hated Clinton so much would have voted for Satan himself. That hate for Clinton made many ignore the poor moral character and the blatant lies and hate of your messiah! Common sense went out the window and Americans may have possibly elected someone whose character is more in line with Hitler than someone who respects American values.

I hope for America's sake, electing Trump doesn't give rise to racism, tyranny, and obstruction of individual constitutional rights. We're already seeing a rise in racial tensions and white national groups accepting Trump as their savior.

No we have been seeing a rise in racism the whole time we have had a black POTUS. The proof is we elected a black POTUS TWICE.

And you say we are seeing a rise in racism right now and we still have a bLACK POTUS.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Do you understand the history of this nation and why there are groups/organisations/funds/charities/scholarships that are specifically set up to help minority groups?

Do you understand why terms like "black power" or "brown pride" or even "gay pride" are used?

Historically, minority groups have been systematically held down, the civil rights act is only 52 years old...not even a full generation has lived and died with legal equal rights for everyone. These groups are still suffering from lacking the opportunities and rights that whites have enjoyed.

But now, you want to pretend that White people are discriminated against because there are groups/organisations/funds/charities/scholarships that help out minorities that have been systematically and legally held down in this country for 188 years out of our 240 year history. You want to have fake outrage over a group of people that have been discriminated against throughout our history saying that they are in fact proud of who they are, despite being systematically discriminated against.

Honestly, if you don't see the racism in your own point of view...you never will, and that is the problem.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Do you understand the history of this nation and why there are groups/organisations/funds/charities/scholarships that are specifically set up to help minority groups?

Do you understand why terms like "black power" or "brown pride" or even "gay pride" are used?

Historically, minority groups have been systematically held down, the civil rights act is only 52 years old...not even a full generation has lived and died with legal equal rights for everyone. These groups are still suffering from lacking the opportunities and rights that whites have enjoyed.

Do you understand that you're rationalization behavior you freely admit was bad behavior but excuse it with the justification that these same things were done in history? Do you understand that you're simply beginning a new chapter of racism that will be looked back on one day as "historically" persecuted?

For FU*K SAKE! Why would you make the same mistake twice?

But now, you want to pretend that White people are discriminated against because there are groups/organisations/funds/charities/scholarships that help out minorities that have been systematically and legally held down in this country for 188 years out of our 240 year history.

White people are just people like any other "POC". Just because there was one wrong, doesn't then give you the right to get pay back on people who had nothing to do with it.

You want to have fake outrage over a group of people that have been discriminated against throughout our history saying that they are in fact proud of who they are, despite being systematically discriminated against.

It's not fake outrage! People are tired of being lectured about racism from people who rationalize and justify racism. White people are just people and deserve all the respect and civil rights that other people get.

Honestly, if you don't see the racism in your own point of view...you never will, and that is the problem.

Taker a long look in a BIG mirror.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

But now, you want to pretend that White people are discriminated against because there are groups/organisations/funds/charities/scholarships that help out minorities that have been systematically and legally held down in this country for 188 years out of our 240 year history. You want to have fake outrage over a group of people that have been discriminated against throughout our history saying that they are in fact proud of who they are, despite being systematically discriminated against.

The thing is, your points are not mutually exclusive with the idea that some white people have experienced racism or prejudice too. It's not a binary world where either only people of color or white people have experienced it. Secondly, I recognize history and institutional prejudice has been stacked against minorities here in the Us. But just because minorities have experienced this and more discrimination, doesn't mean that some white people haven't been harmed either by prejudice. Do you see what I'm saying?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Read your history, Hitler rose to power the same way. Trump has incited the same hate and popularity as Hitler did.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
All people prefer their own kind. No one wants to be the only ___________ living in their neighborhood. In fact, if they were honest, most people could admit that they'd prefer to live in a neighborhood in which they were majority.

When I say that I'm not a racist, I mean that "my" people are not inherently stronger or smarter or better than other groups. I do not believe that different races have preemtive rights over one another. They are all humans, the same species. They have individual excellences, but that's about it.

So I am a tribalist.

I prefer my tribe. My tribe is not better or more righteous or holy or anything. Nobody gets a free pass from me, merely because they are members of my tribe. But a lot of them grew up like I did, and hold similar values. So I can expect that they will probably understand me better than someone else from a different tribe.

My tribe is not better; but it is mine.

It's as good as anyone else's.

The whole point of Trump getting elected is that we can close the books on deference. We are going to quit deferring to someone, simply because he or she fits in a victim category. So the whole "you have no business, talking about racism---you're white!" line can be consigned to the trash-heap of expired ideas. The whole argument that we must defer to certain persons, that their views are pre-eminent or more valid because they fit in a special class is done for.

The idea that each person needs a special potty chair, that if they feel oppressed, that if it doesn't serve their own interests first -- that we have to stop everything --- that idea is done for.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111
a reply to: Irishhaf

why are you crying if you dont shut up I will give you something to cry about.

LOL. That brings back some memories. Yeah the kids today are just a bunch of pussys.

Problem is They're our kids. So its our fault.

I own my own 24 year old spoiled SJW.

I was just talking about that the other day when I took my son to the park. When I was a kid everything was metal and they had gravel down on the play grounds. Now they put down foam pads and everything is plastic. Times be a changing guess our parents didn't care if we got hurt lol.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: ksiezyc

Read your history, Hitler rose to power the same way. Trump has incited the same hate and popularity as Hitler did.

All the hate and violence is coming from the anti-Trump brigade.....

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

It's not fake outrage! People are tired of being lectured about racism from people who rationalize and justify racism. White people are just people and deserve all the respect and civil rights that other people get.

I agree with you. This is where the disconnect is. The only way to end racism is to stand against it, no matter WHO it's against. There can be no compromises. Either it's always wrong or it is not. It cannot be alright sometimes against some people. Which is why this reaction is occurring. Excuses are made for racist and bigoted actions and accusations against one group of people and not others. It's hard to garner sympathy from people who are ignored when the same things happen to them. Hypocrisy wins no allies. It doesn't matter if it happens more or less often. I'm not going to ignore that one person is abused by her parents simply because the neighbor gets abused more often.

The ONLY way healing can occur is if BOTH sides can recognize the wrongs committed. So far one side seems to be more willing than the other. An olive branch can only be slapped away so long before people say # it. Most people are trying to move on and deal with things that affect all of us as a single people, like poverty. Which will help everyone, poor "black" and "white" alike. Oh and corruption in various government entities like the police. Which will both solve the BLM's problem in addition to a host of other problems which affect all of us. I can list so many more examples of non-race specific versions of the same things we focus on racially that fixes the problem without focusing on race at all.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
White people are subject to the most cultural appropriation. They think it makes them less racist. It does.

This issue is denying there are no white people that are racist. Somehow, being the 'least racist' has made White people fear being racist, and live in denial that White people are never racists, or that White racism is impossible. They defend this concept to racist levels.

The only thing dumber than saying White people are racist, is saying there aren't racists of a particular race.
edit on 22-11-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

No one says white people can't be racist or there are no racist white people.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: goou111
a reply to: Irishhaf

why are you crying if you dont shut up I will give you something to cry about.

LOL. That brings back some memories. Yeah the kids today are just a bunch of pussys.

Problem is They're our kids. So its our fault.

I own my own 24 year old spoiled SJW.

I was just talking about that the other day when I took my son to the park. When I was a kid everything was metal and they had gravel down on the play grounds. Now they put down foam pads and everything is plastic. Times be a changing guess our parents didn't care if we got hurt lol.

LOL It built character. At least thats what my dad said.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

No one says white people can't be racist or there are no racist white people.

Yes, that is the narrative however. Or the reason it exists.

There aren't any threads titled "There's nothing wrong with being Black"

or

"There's nothing wrong with being Muslim"

or

"There's nothing wrong with being Mexican"

The OP clearly references this denial victim mentality I'm talking about when it comes to White people.

No one else thinks they need to express they aren't racists. That's almost racist.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

That's because society protects the non-white racism from being called what it is, while simultaneously insinuating all whites are racist. Right now the fight is simply to be able to call a racist a racist regardless of color, and stop calling non racist things racist.

That's all people want. For a spade to be called a spade.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Why would you want to be proud to be white?

"Gee, I'm so proud that I had nothing to do with who gave birth to me and into what family, ethnicity and country I was born into." LOL

I'm white and male and perfectly fine with it. However, I never feel the need to proclaim it at the top of my lungs or announce to you how proud I am of it.

Keep in mind that most minority groups that proclaim "Latin pride" "Gay Pride" "Black Pride" or anything of that sort, are only doing so because they've been discriminated against, or made to feel less than at some point.

As white people, we've never been discriminated against or had a hard time in life because of being white.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

That's because society protects the non-white racism from being called what it is, while simultaneously insinuating all whites are racist. Right now the fight is simply to be able to call a racist a racist regardless of color, and stop calling non racist things racist.

That's all people want. For a spade to be called a spade.

It's convenient this notion is mainly held by white people and that's not racist in itself.

I've never even accepted this notion that 'racism' is over-called. That's a deflection that's existed as long as this phenomena.

I called someone Racist in a post today to a new member. He said he was "making knots and ropes" for a black person.

What you want almost sounds like censorship.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join