It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

'There's nothing wrong with being white.' Trump's win brings 'white pride' out of the shadows

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Here's a touchy subject, I thought i'd just stick this in the Mud Pit for the safety of 'place reasons here'.

But It is a valid topic and like everything else, has been on peoples minds these past few years. So why not discuss it here, rationally if at all possible, right.

By Jaweed Kaleem Contact Reporter
November 17 2017

www.latimes.com...

A
s he watched the news of the presidential election in the last week, Kory Duquette became increasingly agitated. Pundits were blaming a “whitelash” for Donald Trump’s win and called it a massive exercise of angry white ballot power. Civil rights groups said the president-elect’s victory has inspired dozens of attacks on blacks, Latinos and Muslims by people who shared Trump’s suspicions about immigrants. Commentators said that in his quest for a win, Trump pandered to America’s darkest racist impulses. Duquette, a 37-year-old Trump supporter from Alabama, was ready to fight back. “#Whiteshaming doesn’t work anymore! you label me? you wonder why Trump won?” Duquette, who is white, posted this week on Twitter. “Tired of being classified with untruths.”

One of the more widespread effects of the Nov. 8 election may be the emergence of a broad array of everyday Americans who insist they're not white nationalists but say the president-elect has made them more comfortable in their white skin. In an era of dueling “black lives matter” and “all lives matter” campaigns and regular debates over free speech and political correctness, Duquette, who says he has heard the phrase “white privilege” one too many times, said he now feels vindicated. “We were, I felt, backed into a corner and … told, ‘You white people had your day, it's our turn now,’” he said this week from his home in Arab, Ala. “I feel Trump broke that P.C. barrier, … made me feel comfortable again to speak out.”

edit on 22-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Why don't we all just be "American" for a change.

Is that so hard?

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

White guy here. I feel no different about being white then I did on Nov 7th.

I just dont care what color our POTUS is, as long as it was not Hillary.

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

I agree, but for that to happen people on BOTH sides need to quite the racial identity political BS.

Part of the issue is most white skinned people have moved beyond racism. That's not good enough though and their skin color keeps being thrown in their faces, when THEY are trying to move past all this. So you have a bunch of people, most "whites" who could care less about race, have moved past it, effectively eliminating racism from their general thought being told how racists, privileged, and guilty they are and should feel because of their skin color. Enough of that and these people will eventually get fed up with trying to move past race, because NO ONE WILL LET THEM, and start defending themselves because the other side REFUSES to let racism die.
edit on 11/22/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/22/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

The ones screaming racism are the true racist.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
Why don't we all just be "American" for a change.

Is that so hard?

That would be great. Since when has it become a necessity in peoples environment to actively make it clear to others that being proud of being white should be ok? Since the last couple of years is the answer. And why? Because white people have been demonized as to being Racist, sexist, hateful bigots by default. Before that you did not see any of this sort of thing on TV or media anywhere but after years of put down and spit upon being called white supremacist just for being white then it should not be surprising that at some point a counter statement is going to be made in mass and publicly.

Before all this retarded so called fake and hypocritical "Progressiveness" there was no need for this. Balance needs a counter when things are getting out of hand and all these accusations of racism defaulting anyone who is white to be a racist, sexist supremacist is not only ludicrous but has taken on very dangerous,systematic racist forms that will most certainly not go away on their own unless countered by a public retort.

This has been going on for years and instead of it dying out we only see it growing. I think people who have been put down like this and labeled to be racists and sexists and bigots just for being white have given this phenomena more then enough time to dissipate on its own. You cannot ask for more time, That time has passed.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 22 Nov 2016 09:24:31 -060016201611America/Chicago by everyone because: typo

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I don't know if I subscribe to the quotes in the ops, but I absolutely agree that this election was in no small part a reaction to the anti-white sentiment that became mainstream for purposes unknown.

And I also see how many in social media are doubling down..its like they are Trump's personal army already running for 2020 election by harassing white people, being as anti-American as possible (like stomping and burning flags, etc..), all sorts of nonsense.

As far as does Donald Trump make me personally feel comfortable in my white skin..meh..never felt uncomfortable. I don't take offense easily..lots try to give it, but I am not much of a buyer in that market. I will say that the Don has enabled people who are that way though to feel they have backup, and that can be both a good and bad thing, in the same way that Obama allowed black people to feel the same way...for better in many case, for worse in some..and its always the worst that gets the cameras on them.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I wonder what Native American " Red Skins " think about all this racist rubbish.

Would be very interesting to hear.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I dont feel any different now than I did before, but I am also older... and remember hearing things like life sucks get a helmet...or you dont like losing get better and kick their A&^, or the infamous... why are you crying if you dont shut up I will give you something to cry about.

Lot of people I know in their 20's and even into their 30's do seem to be afraid to strongly voice an opinion on many subjects purely because of the color of their skin and that is a crock.

your mileage may vary with my opinion.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Thing is, people lose their jobs not to mention reputations by making such comments, outside of work no less! As a 31 year old professional I have to constantly remind myself that what I want to say might not go over so well amongst colleagues and supervisors.

"Conservative" is not a protected class.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

why are you crying if you dont shut up I will give you something to cry about.

LOL. That brings back some memories. Yeah the kids today are just a bunch of pussys.

Problem is They're our kids. So its our fault.

I own my own 24 year old spoiled SJW.
edit on 22-11-2016 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

'There's nothing wrong with being white.' Trump's win brings 'white pride' out of the shadows

Pffft...

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

White guy here. I feel no different about being white then I did on Nov 7th.

I just dont care what color our POTUS is, as long as it was not Hillary.

Most white people couldn't care less about their own color but the mindset through media

brings it to their subconcious and i've seen it first hand, people afraid to say anything in humor

that might offend someone else of a different shade. That is the biggest bs of all because

for some reason if it's not on SNL or some other official site, it's been looked down upon by people

you get what I mean i'm sure.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ill chime in and say I dont feel especially proud to be white, Im not ashamed of it either, its just the way I am.

What I do feel is its ridiculous that you can be a proud black/latino/asian man and its fine but if your a proud white man your a racist. The hypocrisy is just jaw dropping.
Nowadays the only thing on this planet its politically correct to criticise without fear of being labelled an ismist is straight white men.
I dont feel sorry for myself or require a safe space, just calling it how I see it

I do somewhat agree with the article, I think people everywhere, not just whiteys, are waking up to this pc nonsense and are speaking out. Not so much because of Trump himself but because of what he represented and what he was up against.
For 6 months anyone who had concerns about immigration or globalisation was told constantly that they were wrong/racist/deranged/deplorable and in the minority, now they know they werent and are no longer ashamed of the way they think.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I wonder what Native American " Red Skins " think about all this racist rubbish.

Would be very interesting to hear.

I'm sure most of them don't care one way or the other.

Racism should be dead already.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

You just said what I was trying to

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

As someone who's father was legally considered able to call themselves Native American....

None of my family could give a flying f*** about the term "red skin". It is not derogatory, it is explanatory. Those tribal members who are crying foul are the ones who are exploiting their position to gain wealth while their fellow tribesmen live quiet and good lives..... bereft of the wealth a few scheming people of their tribe hold close.

Red skin, black, white, yellow. When is it going to be "wrong" to use an adjective like "brunette" or "blonde"?

This is all one major joke. And nobody seems to get it.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tman2135

Thing is, people lose their jobs not to mention reputations by making such comments, outside of work no less! As a 31 year old professional I have to constantly remind myself that what I want to say might not go over so well amongst colleagues and supervisors.

"Conservative" is not a protected class.

I think bill burr made a great point about this :

youtu.be...

What will any protected class do knowing that they are generally protected from public/prosecution ? Which is basically what he visualizes perfectly here. Sadly in a lot of cases even literally.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Part of the issue is most white skinned people have moved beyond racism.

LOL.

Oh, to be so naive and clueless...must be nice to live in denial.

But I guess when what you are in denial about doesn't effect you, it's pretty easy.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Tman2135

I get that, and its not your fault im mid 40s it was the people just ahead of me that started the process and by the time you got there you have to play the game to keep your job.

and each generation has made the situation worse... basically I have grown to hate society.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join