It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Poverty of Jesus Christ

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

I think this is really interesting! I had not given much thought as to what exactly Paul's revelation entailed and for how long.

Tell me which letter you are referring to and I will happily read (or reread). (Galatians?)

Anyway, I enjoyed your post a lot and you gave me some good food for thought. Thanks for taking the time.

edit on 26-11-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

why are you quoting a book you don't believe to be true, whole, preserved and complete?

Because you don't believe it to be true how can you be sure the verse you quote is even accurate?

If you believe the verse you quote to be true why don't you believe it all to be true?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The Dominionists believe they are chosen by God to be rich.

Friedrich Nietzsche had some interesting criticisms of Christianity.

He said Christianity was born in response to Roman oppression. It took hold in the minds of timid slaves who did not have the courage or strength to get hold of what they really wanted. The slaves could not admit to their own failings. So they clung to a philosophy that made virtue of cowardice. Everything the Christians wanted and wished they had in their lives for fulfillment was what was considered to be a sin. A position in the world, prestige, sex, intellectual mastery, personal wealth were too difficult or beyond their reach. The Christian slaves created a hypocritical creed denouncing what they wanted, too weak to fight for, while praising what they did not want, but did have in abundance, as being worth having. So in the Christian value system sexlessness turned into 'purity', weakness became "goodness," submission to authority became "obedience," and in Nietzsche's words, "not-being-able-take-revenge" turned into "forgiveness."

Poverty is a Christian virtue. If you are not chosen by God then you are slave.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Jesus was the only perfect human on this earth.. don't you know that?

Therefore, none of his followers could live up to his standard. Yes, they were transfigured by the holy spirit but were still human and still fallable.

How else could you explain the conflict between the disciples?

I've found that when it appears that one of the disciples and Jesus are not in total agreement, then I am going with Jesus.

For example, James says faith without work is dead,

James 2:14-26King James Version (KJV)

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

but Paul says that faith alone is required: Ephesians 2:8
Salvation is by grace through faith alone, not as a result of good works, so that God alone gets the glory.
Jesus says to clothe the poor, visit the widows, feed the hungry:
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

I'm going with Jesus.

This slight discrepancy doesn't cause me to disbelieve the Bible in the slightest but rather shows me that the disciples were humans, not infallable gods.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Tell me do you believe the Av to be preserved of god, whole, complete, inerrant and inspired?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Tell me do you believe the Av to be preserved of god, whole, complete, inerrant and inspired?

Yes I do. Now will you get off my back?

My relationship with Christ is personal and holy.. why don't you worry about yours and leave me alone?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

The first statement just doesn't seem as sincere as the last.

Do you believe there are three distinct Gospels presented in the AV?

i.e. the gospel of the kingdom, the gospel of the grace of God and the everlasting Gospel.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The Only Thing About Jesus... As Far As Poverty Goes.... Is That: "We Will Never Know!"

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Jesus said, The poor you will have always.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Yes, I too seem to recall reading in scripture where rich women were flocking to Jesus to aid him in his mission.

www.churchleaders.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join