It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Says Any Conflicts Of Interest Were Priced Into Your Vote

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: UKTruth
As did the last administration. One wonders how so many in Govt have become so rich. Obama is splashing out millions on 3 homes. Where did he get the money for that?
At least Trump does not need any more money. You've finally got a chance that a President wont be just in it for themselves.

Until the later part of his campaign in 2008 Obama wasn't even a millionaire. Since then though his book sales earned him a couple million dollars which have been invested for nearly a decade now, compounding interest. In addition to that, he has 8 years of a $400k salary which is $3.2 million that he didn't have to spend while in office. All told that comes out to about $10 million. Throw in the fact that he gets his presidential stipend for the rest of his life, and I can see him easily spending a few million on homes.

The Hawaii home is reported to be $8.7m alone. Whichever way you cut it he has enriched himself as President, just like the Clintons. I am sure the Bush's raked in coin from the job too as well as every other President. The outrage about things like Trump making money and being secretive with the press and the people is somewhat amusing in that it's nothing new at all for Presidents.

edit on 22/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I honestly don't care about Trump's conflicts of interest. His business interests are a known commodity, and they mostly revolve around the properties he owns. Potential conflicts of interest that are fairly transparent are preferable to hidden conflicts of interest, based on who purchased influence at the Clinton Foundation.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

As did the last administration. One wonders how so many in Govt have become so rich. Obama is splashing out millions on 3 homes. Where did he get the money for that?
At least Trump does not need any more money. You've finally got a chance that a President wont be just in it for themselves.

Until the later part of his campaign in 2008 Obama wasn't even a millionaire. Since then though his book sales earned him a couple million dollars which have been invested for nearly a decade now, compounding interest. In addition to that, he has 8 years of a $400k salary which is $3.2 million that he didn't have to spend while in office. All told that comes out to about $10 million. Throw in the fact that he gets his presidential stipend for the rest of his life, and I can see him easily spending a few million on homes.

The Hawaii home is reported to be $8.7m alone. Whichever way you cut it he has enriched himself as President.

it wasn't bought by Obama, but why let that fact get in your way

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I honestly don't care about Trump's conflicts of interest. His business interests are a known commodity, and they mostly revolve around the properties he owns. Potential conflicts of interest that are fairly transparent are preferable to hidden conflicts of interest, based on who purchased influence at the Clinton Foundation.

you do know that Trump is appointing the very same people into the various branches of government that are assigned to oversee his business interests, right?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

The Hawaii home is reported to be $8.7m alone. Whichever way you cut it he has enriched himself as President.

From Politico (admittedly a fake news site)

Obamas may be buying 'Magnum, P.I.' home in Hawaii
The three-acre beachfront estate was purchased this week in a mysterious transaction involving a prominent Obama friend and one of his major donors.

According to a report from Fox affiliate KHON, a group called Waimanalo Paradise LLC purchased the property, located along the southeast coast of Oahu, on Monday for $8.7 million. Waimanalo Paradise’s contact is reportedly Seth Madorsky, a lawyer in Chicago and Obama donor. The property was then sold to another limited liability corporation based in Colorado, according to a report from ABC affiliate KITV.

The deed and the mortgage are both signed by Judy Grimanis, KHON reported. Grimanis is an executive assistant at The Vistria Group, a private-equity firm in Chicago run by Marty Nesbitt, a frequent Obama golf and travel partner in Hawaii. Nesbitt is one of Obama’s top 10 golf partners, having played with him 18 times during his presidency, according to records compiled by POLITICO.

Yeah much better to do it with shady donors.

But let's not question that... we've got to attack Trump who is not even President yet

edit on 22/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Trump's tweet

Prior to the election it was well known that I have interests in properties all over the world.Only the crooked media makes this a big deal!

The "crooked media".... the Nazi "Lugenpresse".... the Nazi "lying press" .....

IOW, "Everybody knew what I was doing all over the world. What I do is no big deal. Only the lugenpresse made it a big deal." The Lugenpresse.

No, Trumpa, we did not know the extant of your worldwide business interests. Maybe people in your circle knew, but the little people, the have-nots, were made fully aware by the media. The lugenpresse as you call them.

John Wonderlich, executive director of the pro-transparency group The Sunlight Foundation. “He’s going to learn soon that campaigning is very different from leading a country built on integrity and the rule of law.”

And, Trumpa, you are the one who craps all over American integrity and the rule of law. You have no integrity and you make up your own "law and order". You are nothing but the useful idiot of the billionaires who want to make their own rules for America.

With apologies to Lewis Carroll:
“When I use a word,” Humpty Trumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.”
“The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.”
“The question is,” said Humpty Trumpty, “which is to be master—that's all.”

Well this post certainly speaks to the intelligence and research done on presidential candidates by the people voting for them....or lack of I suppose is more appropriate.

But hey...knowing who you're voting for or against is overrated anyways right?

Oh...and Trump never called them lugenpresse.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

From Politico (admittedly a fake news site)

Obamas may be buying 'Magnum, P.I.' home in Hawaii
The three-acre beachfront estate was purchased this week in a mysterious transaction involving a prominent Obama friend and one of his major donors.

Yeah much better to do it with shady donors.
But let's not question that... we've got to attack Trump who is not even President yet

and yet, you didn't mention the rest of the story.....you led people here to believe that Obama bought it himself....so admittedly you are a fake news reporter.....

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

you do know that Trump is appointing the very same people into the various branches of government that are assigned to oversee his business interests, right?

Ok...so trying to financially overhaul the failing US economy by using folks that have successfully built your wealth is a bad idea how again?

Oh wait....you're of the opinion we should continue to use the same folks that have been there all along and had a hand in creating the mess we are in.

To imply that these folks, and there are a lot of them, can't do this without a conflict of interest happening is a much further leap than believing all the HRC issues were just coincidence and she did nothing wrong.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

No I guess you are right. It is better for major donors to buy it for him and shelter him. Like Bernie Sanders and his pad. Nice payment for a thrown race.

There is his Rancho Mirage home in CA also...man, he really saved his pennies in office.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Ok...so trying to financially overhaul the failing US economy by using folks that have successfully built your wealth is a bad idea how again?

Oh wait....you're of the opinion we should continue to use the same folks that have been there all along and had a hand in creating the mess we are in.

To imply that these folks, and there are a lot of them, can't do this without a conflict of interest happening is a much further leap than believing all the HRC issues were just coincidence and she did nothing wrong.

no leap at all.....I'm not implying, I'm telling you THE FACT that those people are being chosen by trump....the FACT that you or I will never know whether "deals will be cut to benefit trump" is the whole point of "conflict of interest"

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
If he's so corrupt why isn't he in jail?

So as Hillary etc. is not in jail she is not corrupt.....

www.news.com.au... say/news-story/27453853c23e85f9241ee06ce1f569a5

Trump will have problems with his business interests...

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

No I guess you are right. It is better for major donors to buy it for him and shelter him. Like Bernie Sanders and his pad. Nice payment for a thrown race.

There is his Rancho Mirage home in CA also...man, he really saved his pennies in office.

"to buy it for him"....again, no evidence of that....

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

What evidence do you have the Trump is using the Presidency to get rich and have people buy things for him?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Maybe it is time to call in Magnum PI?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Maybe it is time to call in Magnum PI?

Good idea - we need evidence ... except when it's President-Elect Trump of course. In his case, desperate screams, misinformation and accusations are fine.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

no leap at all.....I'm not implying, I'm telling you THE FACT that those people are being chosen by trump....the FACT that you or I will never know whether "deals will be cut to benefit trump" is the whole point of "conflict of interest"

You do realize you are using the exact same argument FOR this as you are AGAINST the house Obama supposedly bought right?

And yes, Trump is appointing people, but no....there are no FACTS that show deals will be cut to benefit Trump.

While there are no facts, the facts are that every POTUS in recent history has benefited from being POTUS in some form or another.

Why are ANY of them paid such a high price to speak post presidency? Because they were president.

Did HRC use her political power and her husbands political power to gain the DNC vote? Sure they did. Would they have used it afterwards had they actually won again....who knows? But the premise is there for them TO have used it.

The argument is still silly because it is based on speculation.

I love it because Trump is exposing exactly how the system works by doing what he is doing. It is eye opening for a lot of people and they don't like it. They are starting to see the flaws in the system and untruths perpetuated by the endless line of politicians lying to get to the top.

Expose it all and let the cards fall where they may!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

What evidence do you have the Trump is using the Presidency to get rich and have people buy things for him?

ivanka's jewelry company announced that you can buy Ivanka's jewelry seen on her wrist during the "60 minutes" interview for 10,500 dollars.
www.cnbc.com...

a family of grifters...so long as it's not illegal, IT'S FINE!!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

ivanka's jewelry company announced that you can buy Ivanka's jewelry seen on her wrist during the "60 minutes" interview for 10,500 dollars.
www.cnbc.com...

Hahahaha.
Is that your big reveal?
Good god.
Thank's for the laugh.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

www.cnbc.com...

Again...not seeing the issue here. Do you think they didn't market prior to the election? They are a name known worldwide. But I guess I wouldn't put it past the idiot rich people out there to buy something just because Ivanka wears it....the stupidity of the modern consumer and voter is beyond dumbfounding.

Anywho....Ivanka isn't POTUS elect and has no power in the US government.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
How do you know? There are no signs that he is going to do that. He SAID he would, but he hasn't made any attempts to change that and is still referring to his ownership in the present tense.

Its been 2 weeks for crying out loud. 2 bloody weeks you think its a quick process arranging a trust for billions in global businesses?

He's been non stop selecting his administration, of which the media also attack him for.

Just shuttup and go away people are sick of this baby like nonsense.

"OMG its been 2 weeks!!!!! HE HASNT SOLVED WORLD HUNGER HE MUST BE THE DEVIL"

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join