It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter fuming after CNN puts neo-Nazi statement ‘if Jews are people’ on screen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

CNN suffered swift backlash from viewers on social media after showing a neo-Nazi statement on screen. The chyron that read “…if Jews are people” was used during a segment discussing President-elect Donald Trump’s support from the alt-right.

During Monday’s The Lead with Jake Tapper show, substitute host Jim Sciutto spoke with two media correspondents about Richard Spencer, alt-right leader

Over the weekend, Spencer spoke at a conference in Washington, DC. His speech focused on the “mainstream media,”... ...“One wonders if these people are people at all, or instead soulless golem,” he said

Some, however, noted that the actual quote targeted the media and political commentators, not the Jewish nation.

Source

Long story short, CNN was talking about Trump and one of his supporters who happens to be an "alt-right" leader. This man, Richard Spencer, had made an appearance at a conference during which he talked about how the mainstream media has been lying and misleading the public particularly in regards to Trump. In reference to the media leaders and commentators, he said "One wonders if these people are people at all, or instead soulless golem”. CNN then took advantage of the situation by flashing this headline on the screen while they were talking about Trump: “Alt-right founder questions if Jews are people.”

There are some issues here. Now, nobody is denying Richard Spencer is a White Nationalist... But did CNN completely take his comment out of context? And did they do this specifically in an attempt to smear Trump? It would be a very simple thing for the media to do - whenever they are talking about someone they don't want the public to support (Trump), they can simply flash memorable items on the screen such as "...if Jews are people". Over time, people watching and hearing discussion about said person (Trump) are going to start associating the negative feelings from those statements with the person being discussed (Trump), regardless of whether there is any accuracy to it. It's a very basic psychological manipulation tactic that is used very often in the media - there's an actual term for this but I can't think of it off the top of my head. As anyone with access to the internet or tv can see, there are rampant baseless allegations against Trump of being racist/anti-semitic for reasons very much like this one. How many people saw that and now have the idea in the backs of their minds that Trump is some kind of Jew-hating anti-Semite who thinks Jews aren't humans?
edit on 11/22/2016 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I think they were smearing the alt-right guy. He does say the media was 'protecting Jewish interests during Trump's campaign' and then goes on about a Jewish folk tale about golems, brought to life for protection. That probably wasn't the correctly worded banner, but something belonged there. The guy is a nut job.

edit on 22-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

The banner reads "Alt-right Founder Questions if Jews are People." I believe he probably does.
edit on 22-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Apparently, SNL questions if the media are humans with souls too. Does that mean SNL has been infiltrated by alt-right racists too?
edit on 22-11-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
MSM Got caught again by those pesky fake media outlets and the rest of the people who saw the blatant propaganda pandering called them out on it.

MSM better be more careful, they might not have anyone left to watch their propaganda garbage news. LOL.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I think they were smearing the alt-right guy. He does say the media was 'protecting Jewish interests during Trump's campaign' and then goes on about a Jewish folk tale about golems, brought to life for protection. That probably wasn't the correctly worded banner, but something belonged there. The guy is a nut job.

The banner reads "Alt-right Founder Questions if Jews are People." I believe he probably does.

And here I was questioning whether those that worked in the media were actually people or not.

I've always assumed they were reptilians. The ones that aren't all CG that is.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
As a Jew, I have to say for the record, that there is little to no difference between CNN and the Nazi party.
So in short Foxtrot'em

Buck

edit on 22-11-2016 by flatbush71 because: Too damned old to get right the first time

edit on 22-11-2016 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
CNN caught lying again.

They are sick in the head.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
As a Jew, I have to say for the record, that there is little to no difference between CNN and the Nazi party.
So in short Foxtrot'em

Buck

geez.....that's the stupidest thing I've heard.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Ironically, most of the backlash was from people who thought CNN were giving Spencer, (who is an total white supremacist) a platform.
Anyway, Spencer paid homage to Trump, Trump it seems has distanced himself from Spencer, and all haters, but I think he needs to do more, his orginal, "banning of Muslims" speech now being coiffured as election rhetoric, (as just about near everything he said then is) simply played into the hands of the like of Spencer, who is clearly, mad but cunning, and follow the politics, same as UKIP did.....See what I did there? Donald, Nigel, bosom buddies, yet Nigel has a trail of Nazis through his party, and the dick head Donald, wants him to be a UK Ambassador in America. Jesus!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

And who is doing that? The press and the hysterical left, but I repeat myself. He could go out armed with a gun and mass shoot the Neo-Nazis and the press would create some kind of conspiracy theory surrounding it as to why he did it.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: smurfy

And who is doing that? The press and the hysterical left, but I repeat myself. He could go out armed with a gun and mass shoot the Neo-Nazis and the press would create some kind of conspiracy theory surrounding it as to why he did it.

The 'press' is sufficient enough, however you have a need to drag something else into it, even though you realise the press/media alone is enough. You do understand of course that the media make things up inside the US as much as they make things up for your delectation, in far off lands, go and harangue them, not me, I don't like making stories up, and I don't give much of a toss for the lefty-righty meme, nor would I gloss OTT adjectives on one side or the other as you just did, " hysterical" left, for instance.

This a forum, why can't people talk normal, instead of sounding like a Fox news reporter. Have a Cashew, very soothing.

As for fake media, or pushing agenda, look at this pic, Hurriyah, a suburb of Baghdad. It's as fake as a two bob note...Oh! it's a real picture alright...of a staged event. Now look at the story below,

Text for the picture,
"People inspect the aftermath of a deadly car bomb explosion that hit a popular fruit and vegetable market in a commercial street in Baghdad's northwestern neighborhood of Hurriyah, Iraq, Monday, Oct. 31, 2016. Iraqi police say a parked car bomb exploded in Baghdad's northwestern neighborhood of Hurriyah on Sunday, killed at least 10 and wounding many. (AP Photo/ Karim Kadim)
Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"

Now, the Daily Mail, (a very right wing paper BTW) and a shiiteload of other TV and AP press reported that story as pure propaganda..but it's fake.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

This what really happened, and people want to take sides?

edit on 22-11-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

join