It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Asia's winners and losers from Trump's TPP dump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Losers:

Singapore

Vietnam

Malaysia

Winners:

...the biggest winner is now the country who was never included in the TPP to begin with...

China: As my colleague Carrie Gracie explains, China is well placed to step into the US's global footprint with both its regional trade deal alternative, the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership deal, and it's massive and expensive One Belt One Road (OBOR) initiative, which aims to build roads, ports and highways through much of Asia.
LINK

Among the myriad problems with the TPP is the following.

Anti-slavery clause modified to include Malaysia in TPPA

I can't express how overjoyed I am to see Malaysia on the "loser" list above. The United States should have nothing to do with supporting slavery. We are taking baby steps toward a better world. I hope Trump will keep the momentum going.

Trump is obviously not perfect. I don't see why everyone can't agree to celebrate Trump's decision to pull out of the TPP.

This is a small victory for humanity versus abject evil.
edit on 22-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

No mention of the Land Down Under Asia ??

Economically, that is where we are .

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Everyone would lose from TPP , unfortuneatly stupid singapore still trying push that piece of # through even without the u.s .

Hoping it dies for good now that u.s dumping it .

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

I am glad the TPP is dead. Better for Australia

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

i concur, notice how we never get much say in the big decisions, we seem to just have to ride it.

Australia will get boned as usual, too busy trying to be the cool kid on the world stage.
edit on 22/11/2016 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Asian losers, i had to think of that Tila Tequila thing, that Hitler loving, not blonde and blue eyed wannabe whatever...

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

How exactly is this a victory?

Malaysia will reorient themselves towards China. And China doesn't care much about human rights and slavery.

China will indeed be more than happy to take over the lead in Asia, while the USA are busy building walls.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
For those in Australia , dont count your blessings yet .
Saw on channel news asia earlier that singapore still pushing the other countries to go ahead with TPP anyway .

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Not to mention how sad it is that Europe is not filled with GMO food coming from USA and transparent labeling will go on in Europe.. How sad .. Well done Trump !

I as a one want to know what i am eating..

new topics

top topics

join