It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Branson's Virgin to bankroll secret Blairite campaign to stop Brexit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
"UK history is my judge. You would see protests like you have never seen since Cromwell!"

History is just that, history. You are talking about the 1600's.

If Blair and his cronies get their way, which is a possibility with further backing from the "Remainer's" (and it wont be the first time referendums in the EU have been re-run until the desired outcome is achieved) I'll be sitting back and watching if the Blue Touchpaper is lit ...... i'll not hold my breath

edit on 2016-11-22T08:19:22-06:002016Tue, 22 Nov 2016 08:19:22 -0600bTuesday1911America/Chicago168 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I think that the brexit vote was more to do with a vote of no confidence in the Conservative party and the people thought that a brexit vote would lead to a general election.

The conservative government only got in again on the promise of a referendum.

Cameron gave the people the referendum never believing they would vote OUT.

He miscalculated the anger of the people, and as he couldn't deliver the UK on

a plate to the EU .... he had to go

Most of my circle of friends and aquaintence's voted out, and none thought it

would lead to a general election. I dont know where you got that idea from?

the opposition doesn't even have a cohesive opposition put together.

I also think that the people were lied to about coming out of the EU. Nearly all of the information given out by the brexiteers have vanished in the smoke and mirrors. So many million to the NHS (gone),

I didnt believe that we were lied to.... There was a HUGE sum of

money going to the EU, which when we left would go toward what we as a

country needed, and spent on OUR wants and needs, not where unelected

politicians from other countries made decisions for us.

regaining our borders (we never, ever lost our borders)

We would have if we had stayed in ... it was only a matter of time.

regaining our sovereignty ( we never lost our sovereignty)

It was lost the minute we had no say, and had to follow EU directives by

the book. None of our PM's were respected.... they all behaved like

poodles of the EU!!!

As for Blair, I always though he was a closet Conservative. He certainly was not for the working class and his tenure in the Labour party he filled it with like minded people and it will take a while to rid the party of these new age Labour (soft Conservatives) people before we have a true Labour party again.

Tony Blair was never altruistic .... he was all 'smoke and mirrors' and what

was in it for him. He cosied up to the EU for years in hope *of the BIG job* and

I think he's at it again by trying to reverse *Brexit* (the will of the people)

in his recent activities.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheiaYou are wrong! Yes, huge sums of money going into the EU but there was also huge sums coming back, subsidies for the farmers and industries. Oh, the promise of the money saved going back into the NHS?? Where is it then? Not going to happen, just as it's not coming for our wants and needs.
We never planned to relinquish our borders. We've been in the EU for over 30 years and not budged on our borders in fact we have extended our border into mainland France.
The sovereignty issue they have downright lied about. ALL the directives coming from the EU were just that directives. All of them HAD to be ratified by our parliament. Just because they saw fit to vote them in does not mean we had lost sovereignty.
If you really want to worry about something think about how we are going to negotiate with say the French who own virtually all our nuclear power stations or the Germans who own over half our railway infrastructure.
I will of course remind you that our present government are against nationalized industries yet the French company and the German company which I am talking about are both nationalized, owned by their respected governments.
Please look them up, that's EDF for electricity(that's Electricitie de France in your language) and SNCF (french nationalized company) and Bahn (German nationalized company) for the railways.
Now how can we negotiate with these governments when we are outside the club. Don't say we have a better chance now we are independent of them, that's BS.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
To be honest, it cannot be a "secret campaign" if it's being reported in the press.

Blair is a complicated problem. He achieved much when in power, but people will forever remember him for Iraq. His re-entry into politics would not be probematic for me.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

a reply to: eletheiaYou are wrong! Yes, huge sums of money going into the EU but there was also huge sums coming back, subsidies for the farmers and industries.

Are you saying that we make a profit from the EU? If you are, could you be more specific?

Oh, the promise of the money saved going back into the NHS?? Where is it then? Not going to happen, just as it's not coming for our wants and needs.

We haven't left yet, but it's obviously possible that funds allocated to the EU could be allocated elsewhere once we have left.

The sovereignty issue they have downright lied about. ALL the directives coming from the EU were just that directives. All of them HAD to be ratified by our parliament. Just because they saw fit to vote them in does not mean we had lost sovereignty.

There is no need for a European Parliament simply for the purposes of which the primary defenses of its existence are made. There can be no credible argument made that these MEP's exist simply for the sake of business. We were / are being delvered into a federal Europe by degrees and by deception.

If you really want to worry about something think about how we are going to negotiate with say the French who own virtually all our nuclear power stations or the Germans who own over half our railway infrastructure.

What are you declaring the issue to be? That our French and German 'friends' are actually nothing of the sort and will try to do as much damage to us as is possible? You accept this as 'the way that things are done'? You're defending this?

I will of course remind you that our present government are against nationalized industries yet the French company and the German company which I am talking about are both nationalized, owned by their respected governments.

So...we're at war with these nations now?

Now how can we negotiate with these governments when we are outside the club.

A club that conducts itself in the fashion that you seem casually approving of, isn't ethical and isn't a club that I think we should be part of.

All we have are values and they should never be compromised for money. The World's problems are far greater than just the EU and a huge part of that is the willingness of its people to adopt the values of our so-called leaders.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Robert Reynolds Profit from the EU? Who said that? No country in the world has citizens that put money into the system(that's tax by the way) puts 100% in and gets 100% out. Where the funds saved by coming out will go I will not hold my breath but I can guarantee it wont be to the people. I think you aught to read up about what the EU is, It's no credible argument it''s fact, it's ALL about business.
Our French and German friends!! At war with these nations!! You are reading too much into this situation. I'm just stating that any major part of a countries infrastructure that is not owned by the said country is at the mercy of those controlling countries. Don't believe me? Look what India has done to our steel industry. Or look at the reason that China wants control of our north sea gas. Or why does China and France want to build the next nuclear power station. Oh, but they're our friends.
Wake up and smell the roses cos they aint in it for friendship.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

a reply to: eletheiaYou are wrong! Yes, huge sums of money going into the EU but there was also huge sums coming back, subsidies for the farmers and industries.

An anology >>>>>

I do not pass over a huge part of my pay packet to another person for them to

hand me back a pittance, with which they tell me I can fix my windows.When

my roof is leaking and I want to use it for fixing my roof!! I have earned my

money and I know where my priorities lie. I dont need anyone else spending

my money for me.

Oh, the promise of the money saved going back into the NHS?? Where is it then? Not going to happen, just as it's not coming for our wants and needs.

When we have left we can use it to our benefit and not to the

whims of those who wield power indiscriminately over us

We never planned to relinquish our borders. We've been in the EU for over 30 years and not budged on our borders in fact we have extended our border into mainland France.

Mainland France is by its very name France NOT the cliffs of Dover or the

coast of mainland UK. Up till now the UK has resisted the constant urging

of France and Germany to take in the overflow of immigrants whom they invited

indiscriminately, and are now dealing with the resultant problems. Thank God

for the channel.

Exactly we have our own voted in government ... We dont need another telling

them where and what not to do.

Who keeps a dog and then does the barking?

In business *suppliers* are changed when they cant or wont do what they

are contracted to do, we need to put out tenders and tell the utilities they

will no longer be required.... It has recently been reported that they are

making seven, yes seven times more profit than they admit to. They are

French and German companies yet the cost of power is cheaper for

both those countries.... wonder how they manage that!!

Ofgem and the energy ombudsman need to be given more power they

currently have no teeth.

Now how can we negotiate with these governments when we are outside the club. Don't say we have a better chance now we are independent of them, that's BS.

You dont need to be in any club to sell

You just need the best product or deal..

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeedSo the EU isn't in any way a political union?

What are the greatest achievements of the EU? Where are we saving money - specifically?

You've misunderstood much of my post.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Branson is another one of those guys who think they can go to space with an IPhone or maybe with Bitcoin
... I wonder!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join