It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump’s media summit was a ‘f—ing firing squad’ (Title)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I really do wish I could have been a fly on the wall to watch this go down.

Donald Trump scolded media big shots during an off-the-record Trump Tower sitdown on Monday, sources told The Post.

“It was like a f–ing firing squad,” one source said of the encounter.

“Trump started with [CNN chief] Jeff Zucker and said ‘I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed,’ ” the source said.

A second source confirmed the fireworks.

“The meeting took place in a big board room and there were about 30 or 40 people, including the big news anchors from all the networks,” the other source said.

“Trump kept saying, ‘We’re in a room of liars, the deceitful dishonest media who got it all wrong.’ He addressed everyone in the room calling the media dishonest, deceitful liars. He called out Jeff Zucker by name and said everyone at CNN was a liar, and CNN was [a] network of liars,” the source said.

nypost.com...

Just wait until some of the proposed budget cuts come down and are passed by the house and Senate.. It is going to be a real tear jerker for some and a proud moment for others.. The press will be all ears for anyone who will talk to them no doubt.. However I do have serious doubts Trump will be talking to anyone who gave questions before hand to HRC or spoke into her ear piece during the debates...

Very few of the proposals for cutting : *Economic Assistance to Egypt -- $250 million annually.
* U.S.Agency for International Development -- $1.39 billion annual savings. (That is some of the nation building stuff when our nation is falling apart)

IRS Direct Deposit: Require the IRS to deposit fees for some services it offers (such as processing payment plans for taxpayers) to the Treasury, instead of allowing it to remain as part of its budget -- $1.8 billion savings over ten years. ( I hope he rips the IRS a new one for some of the unethical or just plain illegal stuff they have been doing for no telling how long)

Amtrak Subsidies -- $1.565 billion annual savings. (sink or swim baby)

Like I said these are just a very few of the many proposals floating around... Needless to say it looks like Trump is setting the stage to hit the floor running.. If he does not cut things and get the economy growing the deficit is going to go out of sight... I for one wish him luck...

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Was it though?

I am pretty sure there are laws against shooting journalists.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Was it though?

I am pretty sure there are laws against shooting journalists.

It is yank slang my friend... See our culture was once based upon many things dealing with guns.. Kinda like if you have a hammer many things can look like a nail. Another slang saying it was a real shooting match even though no guns were used.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Trump is fulfilling his promise to Drain the Swamp.... and phase #1 was doing away with the Press-Reporter Pool

YAY Trump

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Good to hear and I hope the press starts to realize that not all members of the public are idiots and believe their drivel.
One of the things I worry about now though is that the president elect seems like he can't be bought/bribed and is making some very rich and powerful enemies.
I hope to god that he can be kept safe.

new topics

top topics

join