It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artisanal Firewood

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

I rolled my eyes at the title. Soooo glad it's satire. I can't stand the word "artisanal". Translation: Over-priced.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic
a reply to: LadyButterfly

Can we get a brief summary of the video?
For those of us who can't watch,pretty please :-)

~meathead

Yes it's about firewood and how we love to nurture it's fine beauty in detail, caressing it's every splinter down to it's very last chop upon being severed from it's tree.

This is of course satire dressed up as something real, very dry humor at it's Peak!

It's too bad you can't watch it, it's very good.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyButterfly

LOL Cool Thread! Now at first I did take this seriously, and here's why: My Mom could make money from nearly Anything! Rough example, She could make $'s from a 3 inch twig. She would do some kinda nutty stuff, like color it a little, glue on a pink cotton ball and put 5 dollar tag on it and sell it at a craft sale! SO Yah at first I fell for it.

Then taking into consideration that there are some who would pay big bucks, (most of all cause they have it), just to say somthin' like; "I paid $780 for this Butter Tray! It was made from solid hand polished Skat! I'm not sure just what that is, but sounded exotic" You know, some people have too much money, and not enough brains. Plus Their Ego rules Their life!

edit on 24-11-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Oh sure, laugh it up people...

But we backyard bonfire addicts take our wood burning very seriously.

Oak burns hotter and longer/slower, whereas pine burns faster and not as hot with lots of pops and crackles because of the excess resin but gives off a nicer fragrance, maple and apple are both great for cooking directly over.... etc etc.

It takes a certain "je nes sais quoi", when it comes to setting the entire neighbourhood on fire.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join