It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's a psyop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It has many definitions among others it can be described as planned operations to convey selected information and indicators to your audience to influence their objective reasoning, and ultimately the behavior of groups or individuals.

pyschology suggest you occasionally pander off sometimes if you didn't catch that, And it can also be used to extract certain information by asking a question and/or a series of questions of which if observing intricate triggers actually reveal answers to very different questions or being intentionally obtuse to reveal a persons psychological IQ.

With that being said, I would like to tell ATS that
today is Opposite Day, Thanks for reading.

Ps. why organized protest suddenly?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Humans in large groups are fairly predictable. Well, humans in general are predictable. After studying the habits and behaviors of people, you can introduce things to influence the way they think and act.

The best is when you convince people to do things , and they believe its all their idea. This creates conviction in a person, and is hard to shake.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Can you give an example?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
A very generic and less evil example of using psychology to make people do what you want them to do and make them think it's their own idea is the feed the hungry kids in Africa commercials. If I asked a group of people to help feed starving kids in Africa I'd get mostly blank stares. If representing the same charity I showed a picture of little Tommy who is starving to death and asked who would be willing to donate I'd get a much better response.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bodybagkustoms

By that same logic a homeless guy who asks for spare change is mind controlling you because 5 minutes ago you weren't donating to the needy, and wouldn't have gave him anything if you didn't feel bad or had he not asked for any change at that exact moment

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

So the first well known victim of a psyop would be Jesus.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Sun Tzu said "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting".
That was 400 years before Jesus (who co-incidentally WAS one of the most successful psyops ever courtesy of Josephus Flavius).

You might argue that Egyptian mystery schools were early examples of Psy-ops but I would bet Psy-ops (under a different name) are old as pointy sticks in human conflict.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: omniEther

By that same logic a homeless guy who asks for spare change is mind controlling you because 5 minutes ago you weren't donating to the needy, and wouldn't have gave him anything if you didn't feel bad or had he not asked for any change at that exact moment

In other words, exposure to stimuli is the concise way to answer the question.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

In other words, exposure to stimuli is the concise way to answer the question.

Not just a homeless guy asking for money. If he does things to specifically make you more likely to give him money and make yourself feel better in the process then yes he is performing a version of mind control. If you walk by and he says "give me a dollar" you may or may not do it. If you walk by and he says my wife and kids are starving or I just need gas to get home to my pregnant wife or whatever the particular hustle to make you more likely to give him that same dollar then that's a version of a psy-op

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

PSYchological OPeration.

By definition this is anything from mind control such as the Montauk experiment's and the mind control directed frequency devices which many believe to be real and with good reason as well to simple counter intelligence, cover up's and propaganda exercises.

There is nothing wrong with Psy-op's so long as they are done for your benefit and by those whom are trying to protect you but there is EVERYTHING wrong with mind control to keep the PTB in there illegitimate role as leader's and rulers over the rest of us.

Other definition's can include Psychic Operation's though these fall into the US stargate program which had nothing to do with the wormhole sci fi of TV and everything to do with Remote Sensing and Far sight by psychically gifted individual's, these individual's during the cold war would go into sensory deprivation chambers or similar environment's and were given a target co-ordinate, they then described what they saw or felt was there with a very high rate of success (though they were exceptional or would not have been included in the program), the fact that such a program existed however and that it had a high rate of success mean's that other science (non cannon) was therefore brought in to exploite or replicate it in some other way (possible one reason for report's from Dulce New Mexico about human experimentation's including on there energy or psychic energy with some kind of trap's that could capture so called astral projection's, I personally would not put too much faith in that as I suspect that after the first whistle blower whom was murdered of course the second one was probably CoIntel to muddy the truth and discredit his older reports.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I was going to say you boys aren't just whistling Dixie and then I thought better of it.

When I left Ben Gurion the last time, an old acquaintance shook my hand and said " Goodbye, you old pelican, we're gonna miss ya."

I had first met this individual while loading a old cargo freighter here in the U.S. back in the 70s. It was bound for the middle-east.

Never, ever take anything at face value.
False perception, misdirection and total deception have, are and will always be the methods of choice.

I could really whistle this one well in my youth.

Buck

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Did anyone notice I included 2 subliminal messages in my OP,

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Nicely put.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone

Really interesting, thanks.

edit on 22-11-2016 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

What would be your response to my post? thanks for replying.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Kettu

Can you give an example?

Sure. Let's say I'm a shift supervisor and I have three tasks that need to be done. Instead of telling my employee to do one of them, I'll say, "Hey, I need some stuff done...you can either stack the dishes, double check the cooler inventory or fill the napkin holders, your pick..."

It doesn't matter what they choose, all of the tasks will eventually get done.

Instead of telling, but asking and giving the illusion of choice -- the person thinks that they have some kind of power over what they're doing, and it was their choice and decision to do the task they're doing.

A lot of what we think we "choose" in life is much the same. We are presented with choices that really, in the large scheme of things aren't really choices. Either "choice" we make still OK in the grand scheme of things for the people in charge.

Basically, we live in a world of illusion, and our choices are just that -- illusions. In fact, there's a tiny, tiny delay between our brain and body. We're actually reacting to things microseconds after we're made aware of them. We've already decided to do something before we're aware or think we've made a choice.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Don't go eat that chocolate. It tastes so good

new topics

top topics

join