It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zika No Longer An International Emergency, But Still A Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

The World Health Organization is now classifying the Zika virus as a long-term challenge on par with other mosquito-borne illnesses. But the agency says the declaration does not lessen the threat of the disease, which is spreading throughout the Western Hemisphere.

Zika No Longer An International Emergency, But Still A Threat

Yay! After pumping over a BILLION dollars into the Zika virus containment and treatment, problem solved....

From August:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has awarded more than $16 million to 40 states and territories to establish, enhance, and maintain information-gathering systems to rapidly detect microcephaly–a serious birth defect of the brain–and other adverse outcomes caused by Zika virus infection. These awards are a stopgap diverted from other public health resources until Zika funds are provided by Congress.

www.cdc.gov...

From September:

Congress on Wednesday agreed to allocate $1.1 billion to help fight the spread and effects of the Zika virus.

The deal is part of a broader agreement to continue to fund the government after the fiscal year ends on Friday and the current budget expires.

www.npr.org...

Hoping to find more information. Awful lot of money to throw around with lighting quick results.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

We meet again
I gave my first 'first' thread flag and star, nice! I've heard a lot about the Zika virus and from this website the mosquito scare people have had about it. Going to check your links out now.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyButterfly

It's kind of a running gag. However, after seeing this amount of money being thrown around, I'm not laughing.

ETA: Also, Zika is small potatoes compared to AIDS research annually.
www.aids.gov...
edit on 22-11-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
1.1 Billion is a lot of money to throw at this. I'm still on the fence about who may have created this, like other diseases. I know it wasn't all by natural selection. Someone gave it a push, that's what i believe. In the last 3 decades there's been nothing but strange virus' suddenly appearing, along with mad cow disease, and others. I'm just not buying half of what they say it is or came from.

new topics

top topics

join