It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Location of the Atlantean Hall of Records in Central Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
According to Edgar Cayce and a long-standing esoteric tradition, the records of the Atlantean civilization were buried at different locations around the world prior to the great cataclysm that caused the final destruction and submersion of Atlantis. These places were Egypt, in the vicinity of the Great Pyramid of Giza or under the Sphinx, the Island of Poseidia, site of the last Atlantean capital, and Central America.

Debate extends as to the location of the Mesoamerican hall of records, with Yucatan or Guatemala being the preferred locations. In a recent documentary, Dr. Greg and Lora Little have suggested that the site of Piedras Negras, in Guatemala, might contain a previously undiscovered tunnel system leading to the fabled repositoru. Although Piedras Negras was probably occupied as early as 700 BC, it remained a minor Maya settlement until approximately 600 to 810 AD. There is little on the ground to suggest an earlier occupation, and certainly no evidence of tunnels or a cave system extending under the site.

A new hypothesis suggests that an antediluvian vault or repository might exist, however, in the central Mexican highlands at a remote site called Chalcatzingo. More details, pictures and a video can be found here:

Uncharted Ruins - The location of the Mesoamerican Hall of Records at Chalcatzingo

• Chalcatzingo is an Olmec site: The Olmecs were the oldest Mesoamerican civilization to possess advanced art and architecture, flourishing on the Gulf Coast of Mexico as early as 1400 BC. Much speculation surrounds the origins of the Olmecs and their purpoted ties with Old-World civilizations, notably in the style of their art and the frequent figurations of bearded individuals together with other negroid types.
  • The presence of an Olmec site so far inland and away from the Olmec heartland on the Gulf Coast of Mexico is an anomaly. Although other Olmec sites are known close to the Pacific coast (for instance, Teopantecuanitlán), none shows the complexity, range and skill of artistic expression of Chalcatzingo.
  • The importance of Chalcatzingo was that of a sanctuary or a sacred place - the small settlement there could have only hosted a small permanent population of perhaps 500 to a thousand individuals.
  • The reasons for the sanctity of Chalcatzingo lie with its twin mountains - the impressive hills of Cerro Chalcatzingo and Cerro Delgado. These two mountains form a perfect alignment with the nearby Cerro del Chumil, pointing towards the volcano Popocatepetl. These are striking geological features, rising over the otherwise flat landscape of the central plains of Morelos.
  • Chalcatzingo contains an impressive set of rock art, both on the cliff faces, on loose boulders and stelae. The predominant subject appears to be a sacred cave, somehow associated with other Mesoamerican creation myths, which are abundantly portrayed in the art of the site.
  • In the most famous Chalcatzingo bas-relief, known as "El Rey" or "The King of the Mountain", a god-like being is depicted sitting inside the sacred cavern, holding a bundle of what appear to be scrolls while heavy rain is pictured pouring from the clouds outisde.
  • This curious carving may be interpreted in conjunction with other bas-reliefs found at the site, showing the same cave as having a quatrefoil entrance. Other carvings show a procession of masked figures holding torches or maces in the direction of a bearded man lying on the ground. On another stela, a woman is approaching a large rectangular object covered in intricate carvings and resting on what appears to be a square enclosure.
  • The rain symbols, together with the depictions of people devoured by jaguars could be interpreted in light of the Mesoamerican "legend of the suns" as the representation of the end of a previous world age. Dating to 800 BC, these could be the oldest known such representations in Mesoamerican art.
  • The geology of the Cerro Chalcatzingo and the nearby hills, consisting of a very hard rose-red porphyry rock, makes the presence of natural caves in their interior unlikely. This suggests that whatever cave is portrayed on the rock-cut reliefs and stelae might in fact be an artificial tunnel or vault.
  • All representations of the cave entrance, either in front or in profile, show it as quatrefoil shaped, framed within the jaws of the Earth monster
  • This representation of the Earth monster may be more than a simple allegory, for it is reflected in the profile of one of the two hills that frame the ceremonial site. Perched in an almost inaccessible location very near the summit of the Cerro Delgado, is a giant and heavily eroded rock sculpture of a monstrous face with large, open eyes (whether this is a natural or artificial feature it is currently impossible to tell). Under certain light conditions near sunset, the similarity with the jaws of the Earth monster surrounding the cave depictions is so striking as to suggest this could be more than a coincidence.
  • Drone photography taken at over 100 meters altitude of the near vertical cliff face shows what could be the opening of at least one cave just where the mouth of the Earth monster is supposed to be.
  • If the existence of such a yet undiscovered cave will be confirmed (which will require at least another expedition to the site, with proper rock climbing equipment), this may contain the answer to many of the enigmas of the Olmec civilization and to the identity of the mysterious "Gods" portrayed in the bas-reliefs of Chalcatzingo.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeoIkonEpifanes
According to Edgar Cayce and a long-standing esoteric tradition

The "esoteric tradition" actually only goes back to Edgar Cayce. I checked the Wikipedia article, which claims that Manetho spoke of such a thing... but he didn't, nor did Plutarch.

The source you linked has some real problems...

... Much speculation surrounds the origins of the Olmecs and their purpoted ties with Old-World civilizations, notably in the style of their art and the frequent figurations of bearded individuals together with other negroid types.

Only in the alt-history groups. For everyone else, the Olmecs are an evolution of an older culture group (called pre-Olmec) - consistent art and architectural styles.

BTW, the statues aren't "Negroid." The traits (epicanthic fold, thick lips) are only that of caricature Africans. However, Africans have elongated (oval) skulls; not round ones. Rounded skulls are a trait of Central Americans/Native Americans.

The presence of an Olmec site so far inland and away from the Olmec heartland on the Gulf Coast of Mexico is an anomaly. Although other Olmec sites are known close to the Pacific coast (for instance, Teopantecuanitlán), none shows the complexity, range and skill of artistic expression of Chalcatzingo.

It's the beginning of the Olmec style.

I thin that better reading would be some of the archaeological reports and some of the specialty books on Olmecs. Once you learn the elements of the style and the history of the people, it's actually far more interesting than bad conclusions based on looking at a few examples.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Sounds to me that this apparent lost "Hall of Records" myth is being superimposed on Native American pre-Colombian myths.

This "King of the Mountain" god inside a scared cave with rain outside fits perfectly with their belief in an upper world and lower world cosmology. The lower world is anything below ground or underwater. Their creation myths often have their people, or whole world, emerging from the under world in some fashion. The association of a god under ground in a cave with water outside in a creation myth is unsurprising.

Rain symbols with the depictions of people devoured by jaguars isn't surprising either this would be the underwater/under world jaguar. Devouring people would seem to indicate death and the journey into the under world.

Those bullet points are good but not having read the link I don't know what the connections are that are being made with the "Hall of Records" myth.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Boy you guys can sure take the fun out of a good story. :-)

RC

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: RedCairo

Still plenty of fun to speculate true or not and this should be right up your alley.
www.beforeus.com...

Though many of these are probably dubious I personally do not espouse the Atlantis of Plato or those that came before him but I do actually believe that there are a great many sunken realm's around this world, and I do believe the ruin's near cuba are a real city and not natural rock's like some on this site have tried to claim, they in particular do not have to be even near to 50.000 years old as there are many mechanism in geology that could have more rapidly submerged the site but even if proven to be real they merely look similar to mayan, maybe a previous culture but not Atlantis of Plato, definitely not.

Once again take with a health dose of Epsom salt's.

www.hasslberger.com...

Whether true or not I like that one about the Russian submersible in 1985 that supposedly encounted an almost ghostly sunken city with colum's, a huge domed building and other structure's several hundred miles east of the azore's but there electronic's went haywire and they started to halucinate.
True or not it would make a great basis for a novel.

edit on 22-11-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedCairo
Boy you guys can sure take the fun out of a good story. :-)

RC

You should read the REAL stories! I teach fun-ed history(via anthropology) and we explore topics in depth in a way that your school teachers couldn't. The Cayce material will seem kind of lame after you get into the real symbolism and what texts really say and so forth.

History is odder than you think.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: RedCairo

Still plenty of fun to speculate true or not and this should be right up your alley.
www.beforeus.com...

Though many of these are probably dubious I personally do not espouse the Atlantis of Plato or those that came before him but I do actually believe that there are a great many sunken realm's around this world, and I do believe the ruin's near cuba are a real city and not natural rock's like some on this site have tried to claim, they in particular do not have to be even near to 50.000 years old as there are many mechanism in geology that could have more rapidly submerged the site but even if proven to be real they merely look similar to mayan, maybe a previous culture but not Atlantis of Plato, definitely not.

Once again take with a health dose of Epsom salt's.

It's not a bad site but it fails spectacularly in that it never actually gives the time periods (which range from 8000 BC (Doggerland) to around 1800 AD along with a few unsourced legends.

It'd be a great site if the writer actually put the dates in and sourced the legends (along with the dates of those legends.)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just some more for RedCairo

Now you know the fantastical tale by Plato which was probably an allegorical tale rather than a factual one though it may have held some fact or believed fact from his time and that Thera is probably the real origin for his tale, well that does not by any mean's rule out the destruction of or subsidence of a land mass in the Atlantic and indeed geologically speaking this has happened many time's, perhaps even during the existence of modern man.
This claim's Atlantis but if I simply ignore the name then the idea that this may have been a land mass is quite plausible, indeed given the obvious circular HUGE caldera that the islands' of Ponta Delgada and Villa Do Porta are actually part's of the rim of then this potential super volcano must have erupted at some point relatively geologically recently given it's proximity to the mid Atlantic ridge which as you know is an active expansion zone.
This is of course the Azores a favorite of Atlantis Proponent's.
www.goldenageproject.org.uk...
So could a large land mass have existed there, absolutely in my opinion but did it have civilization on it or even human's at that time?.
Some more reading that will catch your attention.

This is a book review (google) of a book called Sunken Realm's by Karen Mutton and the url is too long for ATS format to show correctly or indeed to link do correctly and so you will have to use the Quote method to copy and past it into your browser search bar.
books.google.co.uk... ZqqjtmF1-0hUMZ3fU-50&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjmhs_x5bfNAhXGtRQKHRWtCYkQ6AEIMzAD#v=onepage&q=THE%20EMPEROR%20SEA%20MOUNTS%20SUNKEN%20FORMER%20ISLANDS&f=f alse

And some less troublesome link's.
www.atlantisquest.com...
grahamhancock.com...,281494,281494

Also there are Hundred's if not thousand's of post's on Atlantis right here on ATS, just use the Search function if you want to trawl through them, some are even better than these other site's and there are some very clever comment's by both believers and skeptic's on the subject matter that all bear consideration.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
When Dr. Greg Little isn't at his Family Therapy practice here in Memphis, he's out pallin' around Bimini and the Bahamas on the A.R.E.'s tab. With his wife, and his "archaeologist" pal Bill Donato.

Looks like they got tired of the Bahamas.

Fuller of **** no trio has ever been.

Harte

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
nothing against Cayce, I know that channeling techniques work, but even his son says he doesn´t think that Edgar´s archeological reading were correct. This happens as we are humans making mistakes sometimes.
I´m not talking of his other medical work.

but the main point he fails is his dating.

He claims those early mayan cultures were already there around 10.000 BC but the mayan culture isnt that old.

I know this stories since the early 90s...

I actually made a TRLE computer game last year about this search for the halls of records, lol.

edit on 25-11-2016 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: anti72

As Sylvie Ivanowa (NewEarth Lady) would say, "If you dropped a croissant next to the Great Pyramid of Giza today, and someone picked it up tomorrow, they could argue that the pyramid was built yesterday due to carbon dateable organic evidence. Mainstream archaeology tends to function a lot like this." (Quote is paraphrased, and you have to take her work with a grain of salt, but you get my drift. Personally I think she and Georgio Tsoukalos should elope together.)
edit on 29-11-2016 by johnsequitur1221 because: aliens

new topics

top topics

join