It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Massachusetts college bans US flag as racist and hateful

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: charlyv

" The Second Red Menace "

Most American Communists On Campuses were Idealists attracted by the party’s Militance against various forms of Social
Injustice used to Subvert Young Minds .

Are We Now seeing the Third Red Menace emerge in the 21st Century Challenging American Freedoms ?

I'm not going to go there, as what is transpiring in this particular instance is related to the political upheaval.
Many of these drastic swings in intensity over Trump winning this election seem to stem from individual reactions, and then goes ballistic.

edit on 22-11-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: trollz

I wonder what 18 - 22 year olds from 1944 and 1969 think of this.

Funny you should ask. I was a 22 year old in 1969, flying close air support and search and rescue missions in Vietnam. I was bombing and shooting at people and getting shot at and I wasn't doing it for a freaking piece of cloth. The flag seems to be some sacred totem for the cowards like Trump who dodged the draft or hid out in college. They scream, "The flag! the flag! Our boys fought and died for that flag." Bull#. (Sorry mods, but sometimes it's the only word that works.) Our men, not "boys" fought for each other. We flew down in the dirt napalming and firing 20mm cannon shells at people we had never met, solely for the poor B-52 or A-4 crews who had close encounters with Sam 2s or who were about to be overrun by guys they had never met. When I switched the selector on the weapon control panel to guns I sure wasn't thinking about some flag. I was thinking about how I was going to miss the big erythranthum maple on the ridge after making the strafing run.
So I think that a private college that I don't attend and that none of my tax money goes to can do anything they damn well please with that piece of cloth that was probably made in China, anyway.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

Fair enough and thanks for taking the time.

More to the point, what would you see the percentage of draft dodgers now compared to then...should there be one?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Fair enough and thanks for taking the time.

More to the point, what would you see the percentage of draft dodgers now compared to then...should there be one?

There appear to be more sellf-entitled "it's all about me" types now. In the 60's evading the draft seemed to have 2 fundamental bases: ideology and wealth. There were those who conscientiously objected to the war; and then there were the Bushes and Trumps who said, "I'm rich. I'm important. Let the poor people and black and brown people go fight and die. I don't have to, so I won't." I think there are more of this second group now and fewer of the first group.And there is one other factor. We were the sons of men who had fought to save the country and the world from Fascism. Draftees now would be the sons of men and women who fought wars to save the wealth of the rich, and if the recent election is a bellweather, many of them identify with the fascists our fathers fought against. Every generation believes their own is the best, so my feeling that more people would evade now might be colored by that bias.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Where do you Think these College Age SJW's are getting their Misguided Ideas about the Country they Live in ? Their Parents ? No , their Minds are being Subverted by So Called Professors of " Higher Learning " . Since when is Anarchy being Taught in a Political Science Class ?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It appears the US flag is alt right. Source - the legacy media. Don't believe the lies about the US flag you have heard from non MSM approved fake news suggesting it is a symbol of hope and freedom when it is so very obviously a symbol of hate and oppression.
edit on 22-11-2016 by AltRightIsAllRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
When schools invest in politics my taxes should be divest in them.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AltRightIsAllRight
It appears the US flag is alt right. Source - the legacy media. Don't believe the lies about the US flag you have heard from non MSM approved fake news suggesting it is a symbol of hope and freedom when it is so very obviously a symbol of hate and oppression.

What if you see it as none of the above? I see it as idolatry.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
All colleges charge immigrants double for tuition because they are immigrants, I know that because I was an immigrant. Long live Donald Trump.
edit on 23-11-2016 by suvorov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The college created this problem when they violated flag code and decided to pander to cry babies...

FLYING THE FLAG AT HALF-STAFF: The pertinent section of the Flag Code says, "by order of the President, the flag shall be flown at half-staff upon the death of principal figures of the United States Government and the Governor of a State, territory, or possession, as a mark of respect to their memory.

In the event of the death of other officials or foreign dignitaries, the flag is to be displayed at half-staff according to Presidential orders, or in accordance with recognized customs or practices not inconsistent with law. In the event of the death a present or former official of the government of any State, territory, or possession of the United States, the Governor of that state, territory, or possession may proclaim that the National flag shall be flown at half-staff." The code also includes other related details including the specific length of time during which the flag should be displayed at half-staff, in the event of the death of a "principal figure"(e.g., 30 days for the death of a sitting or former President, 10 days for the death of a sitting Vice-President,etc.).

From usflag.org

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: suvorov
All colleges charge immigrants double for tuition because they are immigrants, I know that because I was an immigrant. Long live Donald Trump.

No they don't. But there are extra charges for not being a state resident.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
My hometown is about 5 miles from Hampshire College. It's a very bizarre, illegitimate school. It attracts all the hippies, SJWs and those type, so I am not surprised at all.

Hampshire College is a school where you can make up your own degree. If you want a degree in potato planting with a minor in 1600s art, you can do it there.

Local news has a story, people are planning a protest this week.

Veterans, others plan to carry American flags at Hampshire College
edit on 23-11-2016 by charolais because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
Since when is Anarchy being Taught in a Political Science Class ?

Oh, since the 6th Century BC, or thereabouts, when the Taoist Laozi founded the philosophy. Teaching it doesn't mean approving of it. It is taught because it has been a sometimes important political philosophy for millenia. We teach about the French revolution and anarchists played a great part in that revolution, particularly on the part of the Enrages in their opposition to Jacobian authoritarianism. Modern anarchism sprung from the Frenchman Rousseau. It played a large role in the Russian revolutions, both the "February" and the "October." Anarchists fought against the Nazis in Italy and France, and against Franco's fascists in Spain. Anarchists created libertarianism. The philosophy deserves study. Of course, some people think that if, like the monster under the bed, they pull their covers over their head and ignore it, it will just go away. It won't. An ignored subject can come back and bite you in the ass. Because medical schools teach about cancer doesn't mean they cheer it on.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
See I knew this would be next after the confederate flag was taken down. But i dont mind. why? Because lincoln broke the law of the land at the time when he had his civil war. And as such the flag was also disgraced as a symbol of constitutional law.

Now dont go saying i was for Slavery. Im not. But i am for Law and order. And at the time it was LEGAL to have them. Lincoln wanted southern resources to stay in the US and not be sold over seas and avoid the high Tariffs the North imposed on all southern imports.

It wasnt about freeing the slaves. it was about cash and power.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

To Teach About Anarchy in College is one thing , To Preach or Encourage it is Another . The Smith Act , which outlawed Sedition and Seditious Conspiracy , can and will be used against Any American Citizen who Espouses any form of Anarchy Against the Government of the United States . I wonder how many of these Irrational SJW " Snowflakes " Understand the Serious Repercussions of Inciting Violent Public Protests for the sake of their own Misguided Beliefs .

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I just saw this meme....and this thread popped up moments later.

Just about describes it:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
It's a 'thing' now.

University Officials: America-Themed Parties Are ‘Harmful’ And Offensive

Fragility is the new protected class.

OFFS!!!!!!!
PleaseMake it stop!!!! please tell me we can get rid of these idiots!!! Doesn't this just make you want to throw America themed parties every day of the week?! I'm doin' it..!
It's frightening how many people like this we have out here.... ..GTFO!! please please go somewhere else and try runnin your mouths! Ahhhhhg!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

" they will take facts and distort, omit, and any thing else they can do with them to fit the narratives that they want, poisoning the young impressible minds just as their minds were and i dare say even more so. "

Sounds like this Kid would be Highly Qualified to be a MSM Journalist one day . Hope Not.......

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

LOL!!!!! AHAHHAHAHAAA!!! Those are awesome! Oh man, hounddog is right-- if we could help you make about a thousand of these real fast you could sell them all and hopefully, they would end up plastered all over Hampshire college lol!!

Morons. Does anyone see a way to fix this absurd way of thinking? Stepping away from the internet would be a good place to start, but unless that meteor hits, it ain't happening..

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
"The half-staff flag that appeared offensive to veterans and students from military families was burned down "

Yeah, by WHOM? Don't try and tell me some patriotic military families burned a flag.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join