It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas judge tells brand-new U.S. citizens to leave country if they don’t like Donald Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well here's one that's sure to fire some up. I really don't understand why the judge would say this to these new citizens. Yeah to illegals, and maybe even to bitchin visa holders. But to tell people that put in the time and effort to become United States Citizens just doesn't make sense, i mean they did it the right way why discourage them?

He claims later that he was trying to make it a message of unity and that he was just trying to encourage respect for the presidency.

A Texas judge presiding over a citizenship ceremony told a group of brand-new American citizens to leave the country if they don’t like its new President-elect, Donald Trump.
“I can assure you that whether you voted for him or you did not vote for him, if you are a citizen of the United States, he is your President,” Judge John Primomo said at the Thursday ceremony in San Antonio,according to KENS.

He continued: “He will be your President, and if you do not like that, you need to go to another country.”
Texas judge tells brand-new U.S. citizens to leave country if they don’t like Donald Trump

If he was wanting them to not riot, and trying to get people to not go against the laws, I guess it makes sense. But it just sounds bizarre to me.

edit on 21-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The spousal unit went through that process. I'm so glad hers was a pleasant memory.

Extraordinary times these are.

That's my S&F posted here. Good find.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

thank you.
i'm glad she made it through with good memories. to have some say that to me if i had went through all that was needed to be come a citizen, that would just spoil it.

do you mind telling me how long it took? i understand that for some it can take a long time.

edit on 21-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
so you mind telling me how long it took? i understand that for some it can take a long time.

Several years. We could have very easily cheated the system by going to Hawaii on a mid-tour break. They would have automatically granted her citizenship as she was departing the country. I just felt that was a manipulation of the system. 30+ years down the road ... I am so glad I can say we did the right thing and not feel any shame.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Several years.

that's what i've heard.
and people wonder why those that came here and became citizens the right way get highly pissed at people wanting to grant the illegals amnesty and a chance to become citizens faster.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
"If you don't like Obama, you can leave the country"
umm..no..if you don't like Obama, you oppose him, start campaigning, and vote against him at election you damn communist

"If you don't like Trump, you can leave the country"
same answer as above.

a judge you say? got his law degree in north korea?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
well hell just saw that there is another thread on the subject in the pit.
guess i''ll just let this one die, unless people want ot keep on posting.

i searched and it didn't come up. that's three time now this search rngine let me down. still bettr thsan the old one.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I must think that we're not getting the full, impartial story on what was said. At the end of the article:

[Judge Primomo] claimed he did not vote for Donald Trump, and said he was simply encouraging the new citizens to have respect for the presidency and not taking a political stance.

Despite the comments, the new American citizens did not waver in their passion for their new country.

“It is exciting to be an American. I believe that America is bigger than whoever is in office,” Iraqi native Mohammed Al Farradh said.

My point is that the New York Daily News has editorialized this story, and I'm guessing that the full comment from the judge, when taken in total, were not as out-of-place as the linked story makes them out to be.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

My point is that the New York Daily News has editorialized this story, and I'm guessing that the full comment from the judge, when taken in total, were not as out-of-place as the linked story makes them out to be.

could be, i found a couple other articles when i first heard about this, but they were even shorter than this one so i went with it.

i'll check to see if there are anymore that have come out and see if it give more details.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I had to look and see if there was video of this....and there was! unbelievable.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Don't go too crazy trying to find more complete stories about this--for those of us wanting to dig deeper, we have Google just like you

Thanks for trying, though.

new topics

top topics

join