It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Building Bridges: BET Network founder: Trump 'committed to reaching out to African-American

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
On the campaign trail Trump talked at length about the inner city and how the Dems have used and abused the African American community.

Bridge builder Trump is making people at ease, the founder of Black entertainment television Bob Johnson, met Trump and is optimistic.

The founder of BET said Monday night he is optimistic the lives of African-Americans could improve under President-elect Donald Trump after meeting with him Sunday.

Bob Johnson Founder of BET, had a meeting with Trump and came away with understanding that Trump is committed to reaching out to African Americans. He feels Trump could help with a number of issues that if they were put in place they could help that community.

Bob Johnson, who supported Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton during the 2016 campaign, told CNN's "Erin Burnett Outfront" that he had a positive and frank discussion with Trump at the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey, adding that, "I came away from the meeting understanding that President Trump is committed to reaching out to African-Americans."

Johnson said he told Trump, "Don't say to black Americans, 'What do you have to lose?' say to black Americans 'What do you have to gain by a Trump presidency?' " He said they discussed a number of issues that could benefit the black community if they were implemented by the Trump administration.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Sounds positive. But, YOU'RE Fired for using CNN as a source! j/k

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

I know they stink, I hope they didn't get add revenue from my visit.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
As a political figure who claims to be for unity, you should not have to reach out. It should already be assumed that the hand is out, and ready.. Especially when you live in a country that claims that 'all men are created equal'. A country that is a combination of many ethnic backgrounds. In stead, he had a campaign which promoted division and now to salvage the inevitable ego-destruction that is about to come, he is 'reaching' out.

The most aware person will see through this nonsense. And LMAO @ BET being the spokesperson for AA's all over America. You have to be out of your mind to think that because he spoke to the CEO of BET, that he is reaching out to AA's. So what, BET network is now the ambassador of African Americans?

Kit Kat, give me a break.
edit on 21-11-2016 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2016 by FelisOrion because: because its my right as an american

new topics

top topics

join