It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

6 dead in elementary school bus crash in Chattanooga .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This happened earlier today and am surprised a thread has not popped up yet.

6 people confirmed dead at least 5 children in an elementary school bus crash in Tennessee . Driver is being questioned and speed is being heavily looked at as the cause.

Chattanooga police have said that there are "multiple" fatalities from this afternoon's school bus crash. District Attorney Neal Pinkston tells Channel 3 that five children were killed in the crash; the sixth child died at the hospital afterward. The crash happened Monday afternoon at 313 Talley Road, around 3:20 p.m.

www.wsmv.com...

You think your kids are safe when they get on that huge bus I just cant imagine.

edit on 21-11-2016 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
God that is just so terrible. I can't really find any words. I just can't imagine........

What the hell happened? Were the roads bad? Was something wrong with the bus driver?

ETA: Holy cow! Am I seeing that right? It looks like the bus is folded around that tree? That is horrific looking. They must have been going very fast. Ugh what a nightmare.

edit on 21-11-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I see bus drivers every day who think it's The Brickyard 400. I think there should be monitors on buses, that keep track of speed and how fast they take curves or turns. It's ridiculous that kids are killed because some just look at it as a paycheck, not a position of trust and a huge responsibility.
edit on 21-11-2016 by DAVID64 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Oh my god........

Prayers and healing for the families.......I Cannot even fathom........

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I see bus drivers every day who think it's The Brickyard 400. I think there should be monitors on buses, that keep track of speed and how fast they take curves or turns. It's ridiculous that kids are killed because some just look at it as a paycheck, not a position of trust and a huge responsibility.

Yeah but just look at that bus.........Christ.......What the hell happened......

Youre right he/she had to be speeding , but to wrap around a tree?

ugh my heart hurts

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Oh my God. This is heart sickening.

"Let perpetual light shine upon them,
with your Saints for ever, for you are merciful.
Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon them,
with your Saints for ever, for you are merciful.
Amen"

www.loyolapress.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

They hit something and the bus rolled into the tree.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: GoShredAK

They hit something and the bus rolled into the tree.

Had to of, I wonder if they hit another vehicle head on and it rolled up on its side, honestly it doesnt matter it wouldnt change a thing.....i guess

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

They said they're looking at speed being a contributing factor, but all they've said so far is "something". The initial article I saw earlier said 12 children had been killed, with 23 sent to the hospital.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

You think your kids are safe when you leave them to do a lot of things, honestly.

I'll bet every Sandy Hook parent thought their kid was safe that day, too.

It's a tragic world we live in when we find out honestly that there is nothing that is really safe for any of us. My son is sleeping in his room not even 100ft from me right now, and I know that he's not safe even though I'm right here.

I feel horrible for those poor families. This is no way to have a holiday.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Devastating.

A parents worst nightmare.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'm not too far from Chattanooga and I didn't even know about it happening until just a few hours ago, poor kids and their families just sad. If you pray ,pray for all of them.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

So tragic. Prayers for all involved and healing as they will need strength.

Here's a link to anyone who may be interested in updates.

6 confirmed, so far. Thank gosh for Erlanger being so close.

www.timesfreepress.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
how do you heal from losing a child..you dont.
i get so emotional from stories like these. a childs life is the most precious among lives.
a childs life is about happiness, curiosity, love and trust, and should be protected always.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I hope the bus driver wasn't texting. I REALLY hope not.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

I still dont understand why they dont have seat belts on school buses. It seems like a no brainer those are our children

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I live in Chattanooga. This is very sad.

Parents worst nightmare,my thoughts go out to all involved.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
How horrible, i can't even imagine going through something so traumatic. It's saddening when i hear about stories like these, it really makes you want to be a better person especially to those who love you and are always there for you. They could disappear at any moment, when it's all too late to make amends.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The bus driver has been arrested. Police have charged him with five counts of vehicular manslaughter, reckless endangerment, and reckless driving. They said that they are looking very closely at speed, as the crash scene covers a "very large area".
edit on 11/21/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

www.fox5atlanta.com...

Jeez.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join