It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 2 Grade School Boys Arrested For Stick Figure Drawings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Two boys were arrested for making pencil-and-crayon stick figure drawings depicting a 10-year-old classmate being stabbed and hung, police said. The children, charged with a felony, were taken from school in handcuffs.

www.cnn.com

The 9- and 10-year-old Ocala FL. boys were arrested Monday and charged with making a written threat to kill or harm another person. They were also suspended from school.

One drawing showed the two boys standing on either side of the other boy and "holding knives pointed through" his body, according to a police report. The figures were identified by written names or initials.

Another drawing showed a stick figure hanging, tears falling from his eyes, with two other stick figures standing below him. Other pieces of scrap paper listed misspelled profanities and the initials of the boy who was allegedly threatened.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Can you believe this ? A felony for a drawing. As far as we know the boys didn't have any weapons. Was this really a plan of thiers, that they would carry out ?

I know we must be careful and pay attention to the "warning signs", but a felony ?

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Can you believe this ? A felony for a drawing.

I know we must be careful and pay attention to the "warning signs", but a felony ?

Yet another news story that leaves me struck dumb. It's happening a lot lately. The ridiculosities are so complete, there is no place to start, no way to comment.

...The law is being wielded as a weapon of power, not a tool of justice. ...This board is chock full of predictions it would happen. But charging kids with a felony? Puh-leeze. ...It all fits tho, like it's pretty common knowledge that most abusers are nutbars cuz they have a prion disease that's wiping out their nervous systems and brain - but do they get treatment? Hell no. It's all part of the depopulation program - we're supposed to kill off the weak and diseased. That's the plan...

[edit on 26-1-2005 by soficrow]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I guess that is the end of the game "HANGMAN" in school. It could be considered a felony. I used to use tears on the hangman to give more turns. Yikes!!!

THE GOVERNMENT IS FIRE!!!
PUT OUT THE FIRE!!!
SOMEBODY GET A WATER HOSE!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Wouldn't talking to the two kids and finding out what their problem is, and if necessary getting them mental help be a better alternative than "arresting" them?

How do you arrest a 10 year old anyways? Do you slam the cuffs on his wrist like on a regular perp? Do you throw him in lockup with pedophiles? Do you put him in solitary? Can you put him on solitary or is that child abandonment?

Pretty stupid questions huh. I think it's fairly clear that when it comes to children other methods could be more effective. Poor choice of actions in my opinion.

Get them help instead.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Wouldn't talking to the two kids and finding out what their problem is, and if necessary getting them mental help be a better alternative than "arresting" them?

Poor choice of actions in my opinion.

Get them help instead.

Not on the program sport. The corporate NWO says everything is a "personal responsibility" and-or "genetic" - which means all the inferior specimens are getting weeded out, one way or t'other. Looks like the depopulation program is slipping into high gear now too. Better fasten your seatbelt.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is insane...
drawing anger to express it, is a good thing...
that was the EXACT therapy that my child psychologist recommended for me when i was angry (oh so many moons ago), i could use drawing to express my emotions and release them...
it is actually rather helpful...

drawing there anger out is a very positive way of expressing it, rather than actually doing it... kids have to be allowed to express their anger in some way, unless you want a head banger, self mutilater, or animal torturer on your hands later on....
for these kids to have been arrested is insane... the principal should be arrested for false arrest... as well as prosecuted for the futures of those two kids he destroyed...
if they had brought knifes and ropes to school and had a "planned abduction" arraiged, i could see this needing some police involvement ....
but arrested...
well thanks unnamed principal in florida... for creating two walking timebombs...

if anyone can tell me the name of the school... i will be glad to call and thank the dufusesque principal in person... I noticed that they never named the school or people involved... thank god the kids weren't named at least...
waste of air...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I do not think they should be charged with a felony, but something needs to be done. I do not know about others , but I do not fantasize about killing people who I have a beef with. It would be much better to fantasize about how to resolve conficts peacefully than to fantasize about killing those you disagree with.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
And the funny thing, is that there are really NO details in any of the reports on this story. HOW were they arrested? Were their parents there when it happened, or did they get a phone call from the Police Department after their kiddos were already in custody? What the heck was the principal doing? Did ANYONE attempt pursuing a different course of action? WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS? The police? The principal? Did the parents ASK for this to happen, to teach them a lesson?
When I was a kid, I got made fun of a LOT. The only thing that KEPT me from going on a killing spree was video-games, and violent drawings. That was my outlet. My parents found some of my drawings once, and rather than ship me off to a psychologist, they put my in an after-school ART PROGRAM. This is normal stuff guys.

We don't know the WHOLE story, but on the outside, this situation looks MESSED UP.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
As I said in a different thread on this subject; only in america.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
At first glance one would think that a conversation between the principle, the kids and the parents of the kids would suffice?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This is beyond absurd. Completely unacceptable.

Something needs to be done about the ignorant and their access to control/power.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I agree that the authorities went too far on this. The children should have been taken to a Counselor to determine the extend of their hatred and aggressiveness towards the child depicted in the drawing that also named the children and used profanities. Extensive investigations should have included the parents or guardian who could have possibly encouraged the hatefully actions.

But to what extent do we as parents stop and say that is ok to do to our children? My eight year old daughter was approached at school where a seven year old told her he wanted to put his private (another word was used) in her stomach. Is this acceptable? I was furious, at the time it happened there was nothing under the sun I felt would have been too harsh a punishment for that child.

Is this what we are advocating? A society where violence against others is tolerated even at childhood levels. How far of a leap is it from drawing the act to doing the act?

Phae

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I would draw a violent drawing every now and then, and then would scartch it out with my pen or pencial(sp?). And you know what I even went to the Columbus School of Art in second grade for like 6 months to a year, even.
That was fun, plus I still wanna become a writer or an actor, and make people in the entertainment industry pay for pushing thinner than paper women into popularity, Britney, Paris, Halle, Jada, Now Jessica Simpson is joining the trend. Britney just made women/girls wanna dress sexy, Halle and Jada gave hope to blacks(natural citzens or offical immagrents(sp?)) want to live their dreams, Jessica encourages girls to not think that much at all, and Paris, well she's the godess of Hollywhore.

This whole situation is ridiculous, but I don't know how smart a prinicipal is who wants to arrest any children I have in the future over a picture. Geezz, what era do these guys live in, the middle ages?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well, if people are getting arrested for drawing things they consider to be 'inappropriate', what about writing ? ...

Tony Blair, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom grimaced and nodded. "Your sources once again are top notch", he said. "My people managed to keep my little 'accident' from the press, but of course you would have heard about it".
"Quite so", said the Frenchman. "And is it true ? ... that you were callously attacked by a ... how you say ... Piksee"
"Pisky", Blair replied, "I spent over an hour hanging by my ... crown jewels ... from Tower Bridge. The peasants merely jeered and clapped, congratulating the Pisky for his heinous crime while I dangled there in ..."
"Yes, yes". The Frenchman interrupted. "But you are well again now ?"
"Yes, Thank you, Monsieur le Marquis".
"Well, I'd have found out where he lived and nuked the sonofabitch !", came the reply from the Frenchman's right.
"I daresay you would, George", he said with a smile. "You always were somewhat ... highly strung"
"I prefer to say that I won't put up with any crap, monsewer", said the President of the United States, "I never took crap from Saddam and I'll be damned to Hell if I'll take it from some fairy"
"Pixy, actually", Blair explained. "Fairies are cute and have wings, Pisky is an utter bas..."
The Marquis sighed and signalled for silence.

Pisky's ATS Story

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I am baffled. School kids always taunt each other and say they are going to kill, maim, beat-up, stab, mess-up each other. Kids write each other nasty notes and draw pictures. They tape notes on each others backs that say "Kick me" and "Punch me", and they say evil things about what they are going to do to each other's mother. I don't think that it would be too unusual for more violent messages to be sent back and forth in IM's.

Are these childish rantings now going to be interpreted as criminal "intent to harm"? Is the class bully going to be convicted as a felon??

If parents weren't medicating there kids before, I could just imagine the new wave of Concerta, Adderall & Ritalin prescriptions that are being written as we speak...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This is getting really out of hand!

What are the adults thinkning? These are children that obviously have a problem with another student and things need to be ironed out!

Arresting these kids, putting them in handcuffs and charging them with a felony will only make matters worse!

Why?

The whole school now will look at these two boys as criminals and they may have difficulty socializing with other students, especially if the other kids parents have anything to do with it!

This is worse than wrong!

[edit on 26/1/05 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Arresting these kids, putting them in handcuffs and charging them with a felony will only make matters worse!

The whole school now will look at these two boys as criminals and they may have difficulty socializing with other students, especially if the other kids parents have anything to do with it!
[edit on 26/1/05 by Intelearthling]

Dead on target. Let's put them through the system, make them see shrinks, make them take pills which cause a suicide risk, and teach the whole school that they are different and should be feared. That's a -REAL- good idea, insn't it?
I don't suppose these kids are named Eric and Dylan are they?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Everyday gets weirder and weirder, its amazing. What can you say....

I guess a game of hangman is out, you know, you tie the noose around the neck....crazy

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The message is this: everything ordinary people including children do that is normal can be considered to be a felony. Every felony the government wants to do is to be in the future legalized.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Can you believe this ? A felony for a drawing.

Yes indeed. Your thinking of these 9 and 10 year olds as adults who can think for themselves. Basically at the age of below 13, it's more like "monkey see, monkey do." There is no inbetween. Parents should be partly responsible as thier contribution did not help the kids in question think for themselves.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join