It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Federal Judge: “Go to Another Country If You Don’t Like Trump”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
He logically said what is true, Trump is your president.

Federal Magistrate Judge John Primomo said those who don't like that Donald Trump won the election should "go to another country," according to CBS affiliate KHOU in Houston.

"I can assure you that whether you voted for [Trump] or you did not vote for him, if you are a citizen of the United States, he is your president and he will be your president," the judge said.

Wow, all this from the bench. Looks like he was swearing in some new citizens. Move on .org has a petition to have him censured.

The judge also criticized the recent protests against president-elect Trump, and singled out NFL players who are refusing to stand for the national anthem.

"I detest that, because you can protest things that happen in this country; you have every right to," Primomo said. "You don't do that by offending national symbols like the national anthem and the flag of the United States."

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I disagree with the judge.

Any citizen has the right and the freedom so say whatever the hell they want to say as long as it does not infringe on the rights of others.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
America spring? Hell yeah!!
lol . kidding.. you lot love your capitalism.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I wonder how he would judge a case if the people involved didn't support Trump. Based on those comments i wonder how fair he would weigh a case if the people involved weren't Trump proponents...

'murka.
The best is yet to come, as Trump hasn't even assumed governance of the country.

edit on 21-11-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Perhaps we shouldn't have been teaching kids not to play in refrigerators and freezers. after all, they are the only thing that keeps snowflakes from melting....

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Thankfully his parents aren't Mexican immigrants — then we might have to worry about political bias from the bench!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Stop telling mofos what to like.

It never works.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I thought that a citizenship swearing-in ceremony signified an allegiance to the Constitution and laws of the US due to citizenship surpassing POTUS term limits?....so irrespective of who the POTUS is at the time, a (new) citizen has the authority to express his or her 1st amendment right to either like or dislike the POTUS.

IMO, the Judges comments run counter to what being an American citizen means because you can still love your country but not the current POTUS.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

If that came up?
Sounds like he was saying what was fact, then kinda went off the rails with if you don't like Trump go to a different country. Obviously liking Trump or welcoming him as our pres isn't a prerequisite to living in the US.
edit on 21-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I hate to bring up the sea-hag, but. . . .

"We are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration!"

-Hillary Clinton

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for an update on these 23 Celebrities who swore they'd move from the U.S.A. if Trump was elected.

townhall.com...

Maybe some are still packing their bags.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I agree with the Judge

As an Aussie I would find it extremely disrespectful of any newly sworn in citizen to be trashing national emblems.

That said Ive read this before and theres no context to what hes saying, did one of the new citizens say something or was he just mouthing off?

While I agree with what hes saying Im not 100% sure it was an appropriate time to say it

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There is no way in he!! I would debate or argue with HRC.

Of course the Judge went way over the line. There is no way the newly sworn in Americans should be told like Trump or get out. Not ideal.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

In Australia is it legal to burn your national flag?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

True.

Now there was a time when I was looking at a different country.

It would have been the last thing on my mind to start protesting as soon as I gained citizenship.

But in the US, you have that right.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Any citizen has the right and the freedom so say whatever the hell they want to say as long as it does not infringe on the rights of others.

He didn't say they couldn't speak their mind. He said if they didn't like it they could leave. That puts no obligation on them to leave, and it does not infringe on their speech.

It does invite them to put up or shut up, which is his right to speech.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I don't like everything about the US.

But I still think there's too much that is still good to think about leaving.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What about from the bench? I think he should have tempered his comments, he is at work.

It does invite them to put up or shut up, which is his right to speech.
a reply to: Teikiatsu

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The judge utilized a fallacy called "Ergo Decedo".

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You're right. I also, think he ranted at new citizens with his personal beliefs for no reason.
edit on 21-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join