It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Man In Marine Uniform Set Himself On Fire After Yelling About Protests/Election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
A man was seen yelling about protests over the election in a coffee shop. He left the shop went to his car and grabbed a can of gas, (dumped it on himself) and lit himself up. The story says he was in a Marine uniform. He is being treated for burns at a local hospital.

The department says the man, who was dressed in a U.S. Marine Corps uniform, walked into Angel Falls Coffee on South Highland Ave. yelling about the recent protests over the election results.

He then left the coffee shop, grabbed a can of gasoline from his car and set himself on fire. A witness in a nearby business ran out and extinguished the flames.

EDIT:Thanks to Lucid Lunacy for better info.
Looks like the man was looking for a anti-Trump protest and who organized the last protest. He left and lit himself up.

Witnesses told the Akron Beacon Journal the man had become increasingly agitated after discussing the need to protest President-elect Donald Trump. They say the man had walked into a coffee shop and asked whether anyone knew who had organized a recent anti-Trump protest. They say he then left the store and set himself on fire after he doused himself in gasoline.
www.cleveland.com...
www.cleveland19.com...
edit on 21-11-2016 by seasonal because: better source

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Why couldn't he do this in the privacy of his own home.
His point would have been more poignant.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I can't tell from the report whether he was objecting to the result or objecting to the protests against the result.
The difference would be that suicide in the second case would be even less logical than in the first case.

edit on 21-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Whos there!! Treat him well and give him police job. US police needs ex marine nut jobs.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
The media is writing better than a 3 year old's picture of the sun but much worse than Cat n The Hat.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yes, they're giving us both versions- "yelling about the election results" and "yelling about the protests".
If some intrepid reporter could unearth a few exact words, we might be able to work it out ourselves.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Some additional information from a different source: link

Basically said he went in ranting about the need to protest Trump, and asked people who organized a recent anti-Trump protest. Presumably he didn't get a satisfactory response and decided to lit himself on fire.

So...a mentally unstable man lights himself on fire.
edit on 21-11-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Thank you for the info, still makes you wonder.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Not one post extending sympathy or concern.

A man set himself on fire.

Oh my God.

He is in my prayers.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteWingedMonolith

He set himself on fire, what did he think was going to happen. If anything I hope he gets the help he needs mentally after the self inflicted burns heal.

Not one post extending sympathy or concern. A man set himself on fire. Oh my God. He is in my prayers.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Probably another anti depressant prescribe drug victim.

Sad if this whole story is true.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with a problem that takes care of itself.

I hope more hysterical anti-trumpers follow suit.

edit on 21-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
A couple of first-class passengers boo a military family - 3 pages of lib-bashing

A marine douses himself in gasoline and sets himself on fire - barely a peep about anything.

Yeah, people just like being negative and turning things political whenever they can.

new topics

top topics

join