It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Donald Trump Unloads on Mainstream Media

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: neformore
So the President elect is trying to mess with freedom of speech.

If he doesn't like it, shouldn't he (to paraphrase a lot of people here) leave and go somewhere more to his taste?

CNN screwed themselves by becoming a blatant propaganda arm of the left. They treated trump like trash and I have no problem if he returns the favor.

Not sure how CNN screwed themselves. CNN cares about attracting viewers, and they target the left. The popular vote went to the left. Do you think fewer on the left are going to watch CNN now because of their coverage of Prima-Donald?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: proximo

What I am saying is the current press has already proven they are liars associated with the left, and they have no problem spreading lies to get their way.

Don't. Just don't. It's pointless.

www.washingtonpost.com...

What does that mean?

First off as long as Obama and his cronies are in charge of the DOJ, we can have no confidence in what evidence was found on the wiener laptop. So getting accurate information on the clinton investigations is difficult to say the least.

What that article says to me is that at least Fox News will retract a story if they have no way to prove it.

Where are the retractions from CNN, or admittance of wrong doing on such things as taking questions from the dnc for republican interviews. Where is the reporting on any of the Wikileaks period?

If you are trying to say Fox is just as corrupt that is exceptionally weak evidence.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Not sure how things will ever be okay when Trump supporters reject reality. This is a mass psychosis. I'll never support a man who brags about his ability to grab women by their p###y, or how he took advantage of his position as owner of a beauty pageant to walk in on teenage girls naked in the dressing room. Nor will I ever support any of his White Supremacy wishlist policy ideas.

His supporters seem to lack of any attempt to reach out in a unifying way. They have been belligerent about their win since election night. They view liberals as their enemy-- where Obama always reminded us we needed different views, Trump is surrounded himself with advisors who view liberals as enemies.

I try to remain hopeful but they respond highly negative to everything that is mildly critical. Reminds me of the boo's Cruz received for saying "Vote your conscience". Anything less than total submission they respond with such vile gloating and contempt. Feels like a very bad thing was awakened by Trump. A very ugly America under his leadership.

I wish Trump Supporters would start reaching out. I wish there would be some kind of positive light from this admin. If it doesn't come soon... I just don't see how Trump will survive 4 years if he continues this negative campaign against people. Not when more people voted against him than for him. He and his admin are flirting with suicide. It's like they want civil war. That's what it feels like. Total dark side rising.

I expect nothing short of total troll and ridicule to this post.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
a reply to: neformore

Brietbart and sites like it are the new media.

And O'Reilly and Rush are #1 TV and Radio talk hosts.

How sad.

What does this say about many of America's citizens?

edit on 21-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
What better way to get the news out on what you plan to do?

On the record, straight from the President elect's mouth...

MSM must be seething

That's awesome.
This is how he should always get his message out.

Why should he give news conferences to benefit the MSM when they have lied to and manipulated the American public for so long?
They don't deserve it.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

What that article says to me is that at least Fox News will retract a story if they have no way to prove it.

It wasn't Fox, it was Baire. And when called on it he admitted that it was unsubstantiated. Something that he failed to note when he first stated it as fact.

Why air it with no substantiation? What purpose?

Where is the reporting on any of the Wikileaks period?
Did you look?

Do not try to pretend that "the left" has a monopoly on bullcrap.

edit on 11/21/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

This is how he should always get his message out.

Without any rebuttals or questions he doesn't want to answer.

Kinda like how Kim Jong Un does it.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14
I didn't know the press was supposed to act as a check on government. I thought that was the point of the whole 3 branches thing.

60 years. Ok. That puts it smack dab in Viet Nam and Watergate and stuff. Was that biased journalism?

The actual press and journalistic enterprise has as some of its core principles exactly what I am describing. Traditionally, the press IS supposed to be a check on the government, and the primary way in which citizens are kept appraised of what is going on with the government.

You are conflating entertainment business and media writ large for actual news and journalism. The problem is that many mainstream media outlets claim that they are journalistic enterprises, rather than just entertainment or media companies.

i just adjusted it to 70 years. Going back to the 50's.

Yes, Vietnam was, without a doubt. So too was virtually ALL coverage of US neo-imperialism in Latin America and the Middle East. You know, all of those times we overthrew democratically elected governments and installed dictators. Or maybe, how about the fact that the media didn't tell us about the CIA's training of death squads in places such as Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador? There is literally a laundry list of extremely important issues the media failed to mention, or manipulated the public regarding.

Hmmm. Iraq War much? Actively shilling for George Bush Jr. regarding the threat of Saddam, when any serious analysis called into question his assertions? Not telling people that Japanese soldiers were convicted of war crimes in WWII for using water boarding on US soldiers? Why weren't we told about these "facts" Phage?

edit on 21-11-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

NS... He goes "ON THE RECORD" to everyone in the world.... without spin...

The media can hammer him if he fails to deliver, once he actually TAKES OFFICE...

It is so obvious how the MSM have Trump targeted ....

Why in the hell would you trust them to honestly report his vision...

Let the people decide... let the MSM die....

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Exactly. They don't see the problem with this. They think the only real press would be a press that doesn't question Trump.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Why weren't we told about these "facts" Phage?

Because those facts were not public information. Because the facts, when eventually revealed, were the result of journalistic investigations. By journalists.

BTW, I never bought the 8x10 glossies of the "mobile chemical warfare labs." Because I have my own brain. Because I read the reports from the UN weapons inspections of Iraq.

edit on 11/21/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: projectvxn

Didn't stop you guys moaning when Obama decried some of Fox's stuff though, did it?

Sauce for the goose.

Can you quote where someone said Obama was curtailing freedom of speech in that context?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I'm all for President-Elect Trump releasing statements via his own outlet. BUT, not to the exclusion of media scrutiny.

I do have a serious problem with the MSM and their provably biased coverage. Maybe some harsh treatment by the President Elect is exactly what is needed. But not by excluding them from the process. The media may be biased, but we keep lapping it up. I don't want to dump the MSM in favor of a right wing MSM that never has anything bad to say about their guy.

I've quite had enough of that nonsense myself.
edit on 21 11 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols

they think the media is still unbiased and "free.

The first amendment says "free press" not "a press that must present facts". The press is free to report how ever they see fit. I'm sure there are some laws in place that prevent some things for happening, but they are totally free to report how ever they see fit.

They take the chance with their credibility with what they report.

There are some laws in place. However, there are actual journalistic principles, that is a separate issue from legality in various countries.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Why weren't we told about these "facts" Phage?

Because those facts were not public information. Because the facts, when eventually revealed, were the result of journalistic investigations. By journalists.

BTW, I never bought the 8x10 glossies of the "mobile chemical warfare labs." Because I have my own brain. Because I read the reports from the UN weapons inspections of Iraq.

Actually, that information is public information in a lot of historical sources. You yourself said you were able to read the UN reports. If you are able, real investigative journalists should be doing so. A lot of even mainstream historians cover many of these topics I mentioned. They aren't conspiracy theories even really. Journalistic principles state that journalists are supposed to provide this kind of information to the public, on a given topic. This is necessary for a functioning democracy. I'm not sure what you aren't understanding about that..

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It's not about making a "right wing" MSM news.....

It's not about stifling pundits.....

It's about a fair reporting... a legitimate 4th estate...

NEWS... is important... it is their responsibility to stay TRUE to the NEWS...

Let the punditry fight over ratings...

News is news.... boring as it may be it's just reporting the facts..

That's what is missing on ALL of the MSM.. including FOX...

Late night hosts shouldn't be driving a political narrative... they should make us laugh... at everything... just saying..

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Actually, that information is public information in a lot of historical sources.

Yes, now it is. Thanks to Ellsberg. Thanks to Woodward. Thanks to the FOIA.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Actually, that information is public information in a lot of historical sources.

Yes, now it is. Thanks to Ellsberg. Thanks to Woodward. Thanks to the FOIA.

We need more 4th estate reporting like them...

It's not party specific considering the blurred lines of the difference between the parties other than "quick trigger" emotional deals that should be State decisions... not a Federal mandate..

We aren't a democracy, we are a Constitutional Republic...

The most dangerous threat to an elitist takeover..

This isn't the first, nor will it be the last time, that powerful folks have pushed an agenda based on their "profit-loss" sheet..

Unleash the American spirit... Why are the globalists so fearful of that succeeding ?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

I understand that.

But after 9/11 no one questioned Bush for the first 4 years of his presidency.

Then, no one questioned Obama because he was the golden boy everyone was afraid to criticize lest ye be labeled a racist. Everyone afraid to criticize, long ass honeymoon periods for people who don't deserve them.

Trump isn't special. I voted for the guy, and I applaud him letting these MSM political operatives have it for their bias and lies. But I don't trust him and I won't believe a damned thing until he does it. I also won't buy into any MSM BS right now. They are still serving up the 'everyone who voted for Trump is racist and horrible' narrative.

Basically I'm taking a wait and see approach because I know I can't count on media of any kind to deliver factual coverage. Everyone has an agenda and it's getting really old sifting through all this bull# just to get to the math.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

How can you say the Bias for Clinton before the election has anything to do with free speech....

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join