It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Report: Donald Trump Unloads on Mainstream Media

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

... it's establishment bias.

So much ignorance and denial in this thread. But that statement of yours is 100% truth.

edit on 21-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: neformore
So the President elect is trying to mess with freedom of speech.

If he doesn't like it, shouldn't he (to paraphrase a lot of people here) leave and go somewhere more to his taste?

That's not quite right. The press is charged with providing balanced, propaganda-free coverage of the news. It is not the same as a lone citizen's "freedom of speech."

But at the same time you cannot bully them, or intimidate them to do things your way, thats manipulating the reporting.......

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

But be careful conservatives. They also shilled for George Bush regarding Iraq, the Patriot Act, Afghanistan, and torture. So it can't accurately be said to be a liberal problem really. More accurately, it's establishment bias.

That's because Democrats backed the same issues.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

The press is charged with providing balanced, propaganda-free coverage of the news.

Charged by whom? Their readership?
At best the press is "charged" with providing available facts. If you want to rail against the presentation of those facts feel free.

link   

originally posted by: roaland
a reply to: underwerks

the media has been against Trump from the get go. They treated him like # during the election by all helping Hilary instead of being non-bias in their reporting. They then get butt hurt when he goes to dinner without them? Oh poor babies lol The MSM deserved this verbal firing squad if you ask me lol and they have 4 years of President Trump's scorn. They showed up to the meeting hoping to find out what kind of access they would have. What they got was something they desperately needed.

I seriously doubt any of the media people in that meeting care about a tongue lashing from Donald Trump.

He'll be out in 4 years, and most of them will probably be doing the same thing. Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel.
edit on 21-11-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: neformore

Did you say that when Obama tried to bar Fox news? Were you so worried about Freedom of Speech then?

I was , and Ill say the same thing now as I did then..........Obama was wrong for doing it and Trump is wrong for trying to intimidate the media....

Who hasn't called out FOX Entertainment.

It used to be MY news station. Until it became more embellished theater, then news.

Trump should be proud, hes got one of FOXs top guys as his buddy! I havent watched FOX in over a year and a half due to the clear bias they showed Trump and not addressing the clear issues with him

link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Good, the media is just a propaganda mouth piece for the Govt and big business special interests.

For both parties, it's become an echo chamber that just enforces confirmation bias. There is nothing balanced or impartial about any of the media outlets.

They should all be ashamed of what they've become. None have any credibility left, if they ever had it.

Absolute truth, with very few exceptions. They are NOT journalists.

One of the primary misunderstandings of the so called sheeple is that they think the media is still unbiased and "free."

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The press is charged with providing balanced, propaganda-free coverage of the news.

Charged by whom? Their readership?
At best the press is "charged" with providing available facts. If you want to rail against the presentation of those facts feel free.

This is journalism 101 bud. And, yes, I am railing against their presentation. Just look at foreign policy. An honest and rigorous study of global history over the past 60-70 years will reveil that the mainstream press has not acted as a check on government as it is supposed to. There is zero doubt in my mind that they have NOT represented the full range of "facts" to the public about various wars and conflicts. In fact mysteriously their "presentation" has mimicked exactly what the military industrial complex desires people to think. Either they are deceptive (propaganda) or incompetent.

They certainly weren't unbiased during this election cycle.
edit on 21-11-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Another thing Trump should have thanked those guys for being probably the major reason he won with their tabloid and greedy coverage of him

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

they think the media is still unbiased and "free.

The first amendment says "free press" not "a press that must present facts". The press is free to report how ever they see fit. I'm sure there are some laws in place that prevent some things for happening, but they are totally free to report how ever they see fit.

They take the chance with their credibility with what they report.

link   
If the media use his videos without permission or annotation, he should be able to file a DMCA take down request to have them blocked. That would be an interesting use of Federal Law as well as be interesting case law about fair use.
edit on 11/21/2016 by Bramble Iceshimmer because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: DAVID64

Did you say that when Obama tried to bar Fox news? Were you so worried about Freedom of Speech then?

I was , and Ill say the same thing now as I did then..........Obama was wrong for doing it and Trump is wrong for trying to intimidate the media....

Who hasn't called out FOX Entertainment.

It used to be MY news station. Until it became more embellished theater, then news.

Trump should be proud, hes got one of FOXs top guys as his buddy! I havent watched FOX in over a year and a half due to the clear bias they showed Trump and not addressing the clear issues with him

Oh yeah, FOX is a joke. You gotta be really gullible to eat up FOX "news" hook, line, and sinker.

But, that's what many Trump supporters did, IMO.

I only read news online now. I like the CNN layout. Don't know about the TV version, but I don't see any major Left bias on the website.

And CNN is just the starting point, I do further research.

edit on 21-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

If he doesn't like it, shouldn't he (to paraphrase a lot of people here) leave and go somewhere more to his taste?

Well he's messing with the powerful people attacking freedom of speech with their demagogues and lies.

how exactly are they attacking freedom of speech? Honestly lack of coverage for some things (whether we like it or not) is not limiting anyones freedom of speech, the Media doesnt limit anyone speech.......

Kind of a baseless claim

By demonizing half the country for their views and assigning "witch" like labels on to them in order to silence them. Both the media and Academia seem to be doing this. How does it not concern you?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

But be careful conservatives. They also shilled for George Bush regarding Iraq, the Patriot Act, Afghanistan, and torture. So it can't accurately be said to be a liberal problem really. More accurately, it's establishment bias.

That's because Democrats backed the same issues.

The establishment ones did, like Hillary. But those policies were authored by the Republicans, ostensibly.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I believe there are laws in many countries against false reporting, propaganda, etc.

Fox News was sued in Florida for this, and got off the hook by asserting they are not "News" nor journalists but entertainers.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I didn't know the press was supposed to act as a check on government. I thought that was the point of the whole 3 branches thing.

60 years. Ok. That puts it smack dab in Viet Nam and Watergate and stuff. Was that biased journalism?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Well he's messing with the powerful people attacking freedom of speech with their demagogues and lies.

how exactly are they attacking freedom of speech? Honestly lack of coverage for some things (whether we like it or not) is not limiting anyones freedom of speech, the Media doesnt limit anyone speech.......

Kind of a baseless claim

By demonizing half the country for their views and assigning "witch" like labels on to them in order to silence them. Both the media and Academia seem to be doing this. How does it not concern you?

So because someone else expressed their opinion thats limiting freedom of speech? Even if they flat out didnt report it thats not limiting anyone's freedom of speech........limiting exposure is not limiting speech...youre still free to say what you will...

Thats not how that works........

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Real journalism doesn't exist any more because people don't want to pay for it. That's pretty much it.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

People really really really need to wake the hell up

Good luck with that.

The anti-Christ has spoken and the dumb masses have responded.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Brietbart and sites like it are the new media. All their polls were showing what everyone said was garbage. They were actually directly on target. Their business is booming right now. CNN and MSN are like the hungover drunk chick on a Sunday morning. Dried puke in the bed.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join