It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Donald Trump Unloads on Mainstream Media

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: neformore

Did you say that when Obama tried to bar Fox news? Were you so worried about Freedom of Speech then?

I was , and Ill say the same thing now as I did then..........Obama was wrong for doing it and Trump is wrong for trying to intimidate the media....

its funny people do this back and forth with the left, but that doesnt work with me because I have always held my principles......

What excuse is there when you have no copout for someone who isnt on the left and still finds this disturbing and wrong?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
So, Trump creates and goes on his own choice of media - - telling us what he wants us to hear?

And his supporters are cheering this on?

Some may....As for myself i was pointing out the media is so full of it why would one expect any less than bias reporting to suit whomever is at the top of the food chain, it makes no difference what their political stance is the media bows down to the highest bidder and right now thats Trump.....

Lets face it the media have been telling us what we want to hear since its inception, the last 8 years had a democratic lean now it will go the other way...

But hey lets all worry about an entity thats job is to lie when we have natives chaining themselves to property and being assaulted by the federal police but we are worried about trumps influence on the media.....this is friggin retarded

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

since when did he lose his choice?
or are you going to pretend the big O didnt choose his press corps?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

Say what you want about the MSM, but one thing cannot be denied and that is the number of eyeballs their stories get put in front of everyday.

No need to deny, their numbers are much lower than the alternative and online press.

Trump could choose to throw out MSM and give these newer agencies press passes. That would be awesome!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

So, Trump creates and goes on his own choice of media - - telling us what he wants us to hear?

If his access to the public is restricted by the MSM and Twitter/Facebook... CERTAINLY! Having a "plan B" is always smart..especially when you know that they are against you.

For instance, have any of the Mainstream Media who were "dressed down" by Donald Trump today actually admitted that it happened?

It would be great to surf to the Trump Channel and see the video of this, introduced and explained by a Trump anchor.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SignalMal

No need to deny, their numbers are much lower than the alternative and online press.

Well, Twitter followers, facebook friends, instagram followers, etc. doesn't exactly count as eyeballs, those are potential readers/viewers, but I have a hard time believing that alternative media is getting bigger numbers than all the MSM combined.

Trump could choose to throw out MSM and give these newer agencies press passes.

Let's see what happens if does do that.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It would be great to surf to the Trump Channel and see the video of this, introduced and explained by a Trump anchor.

"Today, Trump had to blast the unfair media. Sad!"

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If his access to the public is restricted by the MSM and Twitter/Facebook...

His access to Twitter/Facebook has only ever been limited by his election staff. Poorly so.

If you're saying that the President (elect's) access to the press limits his access to the public, I don't know which alternate universe you reside in.
en.wikipedia.org...

I don't suppose you remember the coverage of Ronald and every word he spoke. I don't suppose you remember JC's fireside chats?

Now, if you want to complain about the commentary that's one thing. If you want to complain about access you are barking up a flagpole.

edit on 11/21/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
So the President elect is trying to mess with freedom of speech.

If he doesn't like it, shouldn't he (to paraphrase a lot of people here) leave and go somewhere more to his taste?

Well he's messing with the powerful people attacking freedom of speech with their demagogues and lies.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Annee

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

since when did he lose his choice?
or are you going to pretend the big O didnt choose his press corps?

Did I say anything along those lines?

No, I didn't.

You have issues.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

My point is that republicans knocked Obama and the democrats for decrying Fox with similar allegations about censorship.

So get used to this. Just because a republican is in power doesn't mean that the past 8 years of pissing and moaning automatically gets forgotten.

But you do know that 8 years of pissing and moaning came from the previous 8 years of pissing and moaning?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Kinda hope it does burn this time, people need a harsh ass wake up call

I'm kinda at that point too.

"There's none so blind as those who will not see"

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

As opposed to CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, New York Times, Washington Post, MSNBC, Univision, Politico and several others proven to be working for the DNC by the Wikileaks? They even bragged about writing "fact check" articles to make hillarys lies look like the truth in there.

They are proven corrupt slime, not journalists, and I will never trust any of them again.

Yeah, I would take my chances with any other organization including one setup by trump.

So you dont want someone to control the media, but its ok if Trump sets one up...........

Do you not see how that makes absolutely no sense?

So youre in favor of a propaganda outlet as long as its by the person you support........

Wow we are truly Fkd as a country...............Kinda hope it does burn this time, people need a harsh ass wake up call

I am not saying my first choice is state run press, it definitely is not.

What I am saying is the current press has already proven they are liars associated with the left, and they have no problem spreading lies to get their way.

This "press" will be around for the next few years, and they must be countered for, in my opinion, the good of the country.

It is obvious if Hillary had won, the plan was to censor all right wing media, this whole fake news thing is a trial run. So excuse me if I am finding this supposed concern for unbiased impartial media you are expressing suspect.

My whole point is we already have had essentially state run media the last 8 years, in my opinion it would be better to have right leaning state run news than more of the same.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

its never acceptable to try and intimidate the media

Back the truth trolley up, my man. The First Amendment goes both ways. What you personally find unacceptable may well be seen as perfectly acceptable by others. No laws were broken here, so let's not be disingenuous and portray it like they were. He didn't tell them what they could and could not publish or report, he isn't trying to pass laws requiring government approval of anything, in fact he's doing the opposite. The agencies he spoke to were rolling with the Obama White House approved narrative... THAT'S government control of media. Telling the press their fun and games are at an end and they actually can expect a future where they have to return to active journalism and work honestly for their "news" is a refreshing breath of freedom for the American people in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

What I am saying is the current press has already proven they are liars associated with the left, and they have no problem spreading lies to get their way.

Don't. Just don't. It's pointless.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
So Trump calls for a special meeting of MSM people and decides to give them a piece of his mind !!

Apparently he told them of their bias against him during the whole pre-election coverage.

He especially *TOLD* Jeff Zucker that CNN is horrible !!

All this according to a "source" and confirmed by a 2nd "source".

Report: Donald Trump Unloads on Mainstream Media Bigwigs in Trump Tower Meeting

President-elect Donald Trump met with top reporters and anchors from mainstream media outlets at Trump Tower on Monday, where he reportedly admonished them for their biased coverage during the presidential race.

The meeting was reportedly “off the record,” but a source told the New York Post that the scene was reminiscent of a “firing squad.”

The New York Post reports:

President-elect Donald Trump exploded at media bigs in an off-the-record Trump Tower powow on Monday, sources told The Post.

“It was like a f—ing firing squad,” said one source.

“Trump started with Jeff Zucker and said I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed….

“The meeting was a total disaster. The TV execs and anchors went in there thinking they would be discussing the access they would get to the Trump administration, but instead they got a Trump-style dressing down,” the source added.

I'm a liberal, and don't like Trump really. BUT, I feel I'm objective enough to recognize that the mainstream media is extremely biased and functionally propaganda.

But be careful conservatives. They also shilled for George Bush regarding Iraq, the Patriot Act, Afghanistan, and torture. So it can't accurately be said to be a liberal problem really. More accurately, it's establishment bias.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

If he doesn't like it, shouldn't he (to paraphrase a lot of people here) leave and go somewhere more to his taste?

Well he's messing with the powerful people attacking freedom of speech with their demagogues and lies.

how exactly are they attacking freedom of speech? Honestly lack of coverage for some things (whether we like it or not) is not limiting anyones freedom of speech, the Media doesnt limit anyone speech.......

Kind of a baseless claim

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

That's not quite right. The press is charged with providing balanced, propaganda-free coverage of the news. It is not the same as a lone citizen's "freedom of speech."

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
And they just sta there and took the abuse because all these rotten foold care about is ratings.

When the eulogy for the death and destruction of this country is done it will mention as a major factor in the destruction of America, besides Trump, the press.

Trump and this wicked press deserve each other. Their from and on the same orbit to HELL

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: neformore

Did you say that when Obama tried to bar Fox news? Were you so worried about Freedom of Speech then?

I was , and Ill say the same thing now as I did then..........Obama was wrong for doing it and Trump is wrong for trying to intimidate the media....

Who hasn't called out FOX Entertainment.

It used to be MY news station. Until it became more embellished theater, then news.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join