It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Report: Donald Trump Unloads on Mainstream Media

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

A government run news service?
Like RT? Cool beans.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

*puts on brakes*
back up, wait a second here.

Now more than ever media needs to simply do the job that the 1st protects against.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
I guess Trump will nationalize Twitter if they can't get their crap together and it goes under? Which is a real possibility at this point.

I think it speaks to the fact that it doesn't look presidential and I doubt other world leaders are going to view it very favorably.

He wants to put America first and I get that, but it really looks like he's putting himself first.

Heh. He buys them out and renames it Trumper. Britain falls over laughing.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So, Trump creates and goes on his own choice of media - - telling us what he wants us to hear?

And his supporters are cheering this on?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
So, Trump creates and goes on his own choice of media - - telling us what he wants us to hear?

I'm not, but have you heard of Bloomberg News?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Just Republicans? You have some very selective memory.

USA Today’s Susan Page: Obama administration most ‘dangerous’ to media in history

At some point, a compendium of condemnations against the Obama administration’s record of media transparency (actually, opacity) must be assembled. Notable quotations in this vein come from former New York Times executive editor Jill Abramson, who said, “It is the most secretive White House that I have ever been involved in covering”; New York Times reporter James Risen, who said, “I think Obama hates the press”; and CBS News’s Bob Schieffer, who said, “This administration exercises more control than George W. Bush’s did, and his before that.”

USA Today Washington Bureau Chief Susan Page has added a sharper edge to this set of knives. Speaking Saturday at a White House Correspondents’ Association (WHCA) seminar, Page called the current White House not only “more restrictive” but also “more dangerous” to the press than any other in history, a clear reference to the Obama administration’s leak investigations and its naming of Fox News’s James Rosen as a possible “co-conspirator” in a violation of the Espionage Act.

See also: Associated Press: 8 ways Obama admin restricts press freedom

And I personally will never forget what his administration did to the press during the Deepwater Horizon disaster.

Republican complaints indeed.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

That might have mattered if he had become president.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

That might have mattered if he had become president.

Nah, the Mayor of New York City has zero clout. Policies from that city *never* radiate outwards.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

No.
Wait, did you mean Breitbart?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Not very conservative is it........

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Unfortunately , Lying is also a Form of Free Speech .

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Not very conservative is it........

It's leaning toward dictatorship.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

This whole spectacle is ridiculous. Sure the MSM was in the tank for Hillary, sure they treated Trump like crap, Trump could have just kept his mouth shut and proved them wrong, but he decides he's going to act out against them.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

As opposed to CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, New York Times, Washington Post, MSNBC, Univision, Politico and several others proven to be working for the DNC by the Wikileaks? They even bragged about writing "fact check" articles to make hillarys lies look like the truth in there.

They are proven corrupt slime, not journalists, and I will never trust any of them again.

Yeah, I would take my chances with any other organization including one setup by trump.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I almost expect the media to try to get Twitter and Google to close his accounts to try and force him to use the media. I don't think Twitter and Google are that stupid though.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
So the President elect is trying to mess with freedom of speech.

If he doesn't like it, shouldn't he (to paraphrase a lot of people here) leave and go somewhere more to his taste?

There is no freedom of lie. Media to powerful to be left to their own grace. Oh and can you say President Trump? You lost. Bwhaha.
edit on 21-11-2016 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Media to powerful to be left to their own grace.
Oh, my.

You lost.
I wasn't running. But what did you win, exactly?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

As opposed to CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, New York Times, Washington Post, MSNBC, Univision, Politico and several others proven to be working for the DNC by the Wikileaks? They even bragged about writing "fact check" articles to make hillarys lies look like the truth in there.

They are proven corrupt slime, not journalists, and I will never trust any of them again.

Yeah, I would take my chances with any other organization including one setup by trump.

So you dont want someone to control the media, but its ok if Trump sets one up...........

Do you not see how that makes absolutely no sense?

So youre in favor of a propaganda outlet as long as its by the person you support........

Wow we are truly Fkd as a country...............Kinda hope it does burn this time, people need a harsh ass wake up call

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Did you say that when Obama tried to bar Fox news? Were you so worried about Freedom of Speech then?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

I was actually thinking about that earlier today. What if he does something to violate the TOS and they terminate his accounts?

The thing he doesn't understand is that with YouTube, and Twitter is that the message only gets out to the people on YouTube and Twitter. Sure some alternative media groups will pick up on some of the stuff, but he's slamming the door shut on millions of people that don't watch or read those news feeds.

Say what you want about the MSM, but one thing cannot be denied and that is the number of eyeballs their stories get put in front of everyday.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join