It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Labyrinth (the film) is about DID Mind Control

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

edit on 22-11-2016 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

This whole post is blowing my mind, wow i never saw that till now.

Love your Avatar too, it's really awesome

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreInterior

I loved Pan's Labyrinth, so deep.

Also you're right. I feel like I've crossed that line where I can no longer point the finger.

It doesn't mean I still don't feel hurt, or anger, about what happened. It doesn't make it any less wrong.

a reply to: LadyButterfly

I'm projecting but I can't help it. Also I'm pretty certain I'm not the only one...

But thank you about my avatar!

It's me. I just photoshopped the headdress in for the Thanksgiving holiday. After I found the right headdress it took like 5 minutes to do.

a reply to: Mousygretchen

What's upsetting about it?

I sense hostility/attitude, but idk.

Have you ever felt like... maybe you wanted to be the one who was put under a spell? Maybe I wanted that. Maybe we all want it, a little. To be lured in and seduced... to be chosen by someone? There's something about it that is attractive. But maybe then we find out quickly that the reality is not at all what we dreamed of, or expected, or hoped. Then it sucks... then it's like, face the reality. You were maybe put under a spell but you helped with your own secret inner fantasies where you were just dreaming about a hero, or a knight, or a jesus christ savior and santa claus... really you are just torturing yourself with your secret fantasies about how you think things should work, how people should be. Really you're just being a big brat and not facing reality.

Damnit I'm really projecting now. Honestly.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I'm sorry, Lou, I didn't mean to bring that out of you. I'm too sensitive for my own good. It's not you, its me. lol.
But yeah I don't have a very good brain-to-screen filter though LOL so my bad for that. But yes I do. I'm not upset. I don't know what I am, it was just a stupid reaction that I had to it. Was uncalled for, so enough about that. I guess its just a twisted form of jealousy because I cant have that.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker
but the end is kinda weird in that she says she needs the Goblins in her life and they all start dancing and having their little party.

They're not the goblins.

They are the puppets in the labyrinth that Jareth imprisoned basically, all who had jobs that Jareth appointed. They become friends with Sarah instead. Aka, the dissociated parts come together, cooperate with one another, become a functional family, integrates- and rejects their handler/abuser. Sarah says she will always need them, and that's good because you can't kill off those parts of yourself anyhow... and to even entertain the thought would make them hostile towards you, just imagine how you might feel if someone tried to kill you or wanted you dead.

I don't really think any of this has to do with wanting to become famous, but I think that the dream of being well known and widely loved is like one of the spells/nets cast/illusions that I'm talking about. You have an idea about something and you think it's going to be a certain way and that you're going to get lots of love? But then you find out, it's really not at all what you thought it would be...
edit on 22-11-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I really appreciate your honesty, thank you for that.

I just recently had a little revelation about the difference between envy and jealousy actually. Not sure if I am correct, but I think envy has more to do about wanting something you don't have (yet, or can't have), and jealousy connotes the belief that the other person doesn't deserve what they are getting because if you believed that a person really deserved it... then you would simply respect them.

At least, that's how I am personally with others.

Like if someone else wins in a competition that I think I should have personally won? Then I'd be jealous. Or like if I got dumped by my boyfriend over someone else who I thought was lesser than me, then I'd be jealous af. But if I got dumped over someone who was amazing... I wouldn't be able to really blame them, now would I? And if I lost in a competition to someone who was truly amazing, then I would face the reality and probably just aspire to be more like them so that I might win sometime in the future because when I think people deserve what goods they get, I respect them.

That all sounds kind of effed up but it's how I've always been. Maybe I just want to be able to deserve whatever it is I get now.

Outside of all of that... I don't know what to say. I think you do have it, and are going through it. I think we all have had it in our own way.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I don't think it sounds effed up, lou. Those little distinctions are like markers in your life and its part of growing as a human being. Going to bed now.
Have a good night. You are wiser now because you know the difference between envy and jealousy, while the more immature of us would not know the distinction. So you win ^.^.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall and starviego

I read the article and I basically disagree with his thoughts about the end.

I don't know much about the other stuff either tho.

For me, it's still essentially about a girl who breaks free from the labyrinth/illusion/her "mind control" program. Like yes, she was mind fugged. But in the end she accepts herself and all her shattered parts who show up in her mirror(the puppets who are now her friends forever). But I guess that itself could be a trick. Like the puppets now work for her but secretly still work for Jareth? Idk because I took the destruction of the Labyrinth pretty literally. She told Jareth off and broke free. Maybe I'm being too hopeful.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

I loved Pan's Labyrinth, so deep.

Also you're right. I feel like I've crossed that line where I can no longer point the finger.

It doesn't mean I still don't feel hurt, or anger, about what happened. It doesn't make it any less wrong.

a reply to: LadyButterfly

I'm projecting but I can't help it. Also I'm pretty certain I'm not the only one...

But thank you about my avatar!

It's me. I just photoshopped the headdress in for the Thanksgiving holiday. After I found the right headdress it took like 5 minutes to do.

What's upsetting about it?

I sense hostility/attitude, but idk.

Have you ever felt like... maybe you wanted to be the one who was put under a spell? Maybe I wanted that. Maybe we all want it, a little. To be lured in and seduced... to be chosen by someone? There's something about it that is attractive. But maybe then we find out quickly that the reality is not at all what we dreamed of, or expected, or hoped. Then it sucks... then it's like, face the reality. You were maybe put under a spell but you helped with your own secret inner fantasies where you were just dreaming about a hero, or a knight, or a jesus christ savior and santa claus... really you are just torturing yourself with your secret fantasies about how you think things should work, how people should be. Really you're just being a big brat and not facing reality.

Damnit I'm really projecting now. Honestly.

Amen to that. The hurt and anger don't go away. I don't let those feelings derail my life, so it's ok. People sometimes tell me to forgive, as though I never thought of that before. I've forgiven and been hurt again so many times, I won't allow the same people to keep sabotaging me. It's not remotely the same thing as obsessing over the anger.

Regarding wanting to be under someone's spell, I think part of what drives the female soul is to give ourselves to a good man who won't hurt us. Call me old fashioned, but I don't think it's necessarily bad. The problem is that not many people these days see how meaningful that is and take good care of those who love them.

Oh, and I never made that connection about the shattered mirror. Good catch!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I'm still pondering your words regarding The Labyrinth -- very intriguing!!! It made me think of a couple other books you might enjoy with a similar theme or message so to speak:

"Illusions" -- by Richard Bach

"Joshua" -- by Father Joseph F. Girzone

Both speak to the limitations and restrictions we put on ourselves. A little different than your analysis, but both speak to our real power coming from within ourselves.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: zardust

You ever read the theory of Harry Potter all being in his head? Or that he's in an insane asylum actually.

When harry dies and is talking to dumbledore he asks if this is all real or in his head and dumbledore says what's the difference? (Sorry not the actual quote)

Have fun

Never read Harry. But I heard the ending of Stephen King's The Dark Tower series goes something like that... a man in an asylum, dreaming it all. So, that series might also be connected to this ongoing theme that seems to run through these stories, Labrynth, Alice, Oz, and perhaps Potter, and perhaps others... I never finished the Dark Tower, but I will, someday. It has like at least 8 decent sized books.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
If you all want to look more into occult themes and interrelationships that tie them together from media to media look up sync films on YouTube and vimio. Synromystic/syncromysticism in film.

back to the future predicts 9-11

9-11 mega ritual syncs

There's a good one called Time:God on vimeo.
edit on 22-11-2016 by anotherside because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Geez Louise, you'll like this, fits perfectly with what your explaining.
amazing angel

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

Someone told me just the other day that Trump ran for president on The Simpsons many years ago, lol.

If it's not already an ATS thread it should be:

www.theguardian.com...

That last video is interesting, thank you.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I guess JK Rowling is a big supporter of children and psychiatric care or something to that effect that led the author of the theory to think she might have spent some time in an institution.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I swear, in that song David Bowie says, "Smack that baby, make him pee."

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Call me old fashioned then, too. Yeah.

I just pointed out that the puppets showed up in her mirror at the end of the movie.

Not sure about the shattered mirror.

a reply to: Boadicea

Thank you, those look interesting. Particularly Illusions.

a reply to: Greggers

lol.

Apparently it's "smack that baby, make him free," which honestly isn't any less creepy.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

Call me old fashioned then, too. Yeah.

I just pointed out that the puppets showed up in her mirror at the end of the movie.

Not sure about the shattered mirror.

a reply to: Boadicea

Thank you, those look interesting. Particularly Illusions.

a reply to: Greggers

lol.

Apparently it's "smack that baby, make him free," which honestly isn't any less creepy.

In regards to the illusions and shattered mirrors you might be interested in having a look at this thread I posted. Let me know what you think. (since it's a few years old, some links to articles and CIA, FBI websites do not work or page missing.)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

I didn't read anything about shattered mirrors in your thread.

There's a lot of info there and it seems a bit unorganized to me? I didn't read all of it and you're right, some of the links don't work.

Can you point out and link the sections where it talks about illusions and shattered mirrors?

I did go through a period of time when I questioned if the government was involved with me, so I am a little familiar with those projects. However I do not believe I am MK Ultra or anything like that. I believe that what I experienced was organized crime, with some connections. And I just happened to be the perfect candidate for their illegal business. Government officials may have been involved, but I really don't believe it was a government operation. It's more like the government is infiltrated.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I want to watch the movie

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join