It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Labyrinth (the film) is about DID Mind Control

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreInterior

You're not boring me.

It's validating and refreshing to me, but I still believe without a doubt that some people know how to weave spells, essentially.

Yes it's about growing up. But it's not all in our own heads, and some of us are truly traumatized individuals. We become shattered when reality doesn't match the beliefs that we were once force-fed. That betrayal is something we all go through. And there's a self betrayal in there, too.

I think because I have fallen so hard for some of the spells that were woven- and not just specifically for me (religion for example is a spell that's woven for lots of people, not just for me), I now know a little bit how it's possible. And how it's like a natural thing that happens. But sometimes it's more... controlled, and directed. But that is also natural- it's like manipulating the earth so that crops can grow better. We will do it, if we can.

So there's nets cast out to draw people in. I was drawn in. I think being young and inexperienced makes all of us vulnerable and it's like we don't even have a choice but to be drawn into things.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Double post.

But also I understand that the spells and nets cast out for us are like the initial force that pushes the ball to get it going- and after that... the individual creates internal realities that continue to reinforce that spell, and etc. So it's more in our minds too, yeah.
edit on 21-11-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
a reply to: dfnj2015

Holy moly Wizard of Oz, too!

My mind is exploding.

Ok so Jareth lures Sarah into the labyrinth... but it's tricky.

She is babysitting her little brother and he's crying and she's annoyed so she says "the words" which invite Jareth's trolls to steal her baby brother. Then Sarah has to go through the Labyrinth to get her baby brother back.

This could be representative of the "permission" that we give that is then used against us later on, like... "didn't you want this? didn't you ask for this?" In fact, Jareth accuses Sarah of asking for this/wanting this all along.

WOW!

You have a great mind. You might be interested in this book. It talks a lot about how movies can be interpreted with depth psychology:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1479778009&sr=1-1&keywords=king%2C+magic ian%2C+warrior%2C+lover

It's kind of interesting how they reference movie scenes and how they relate to the topic. I think the same is probably true with Labyrinth and how it is speaking to you. But the female archetypes are probably slightly different but the conceptual analysis would be similar.
edit on 21-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: geezlouise
The stories are about adolescents. Coming of age. Becoming who they are.

The first 54 years of childhood are the most difficult.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Peter Pan is one of my all time fav's, but I never saw this one!

I'm doing this movie tonight if I can.

TY so much.

Not sure I understand about becoming the Goblin Queen, tho. What's that about?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Jareth wanted Sarah to be his queen?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Double post.

But also I understand that the spells and nets cast out for us are like the initial force that pushes the ball to get it going- and after that... the individual creates internal realities that continue to reinforce that spell, and etc. So it's more in our minds too, yeah.

A question we have to ask ourselves when we're ready, is what is the difference between something being only in the mind, and it being "out there" in objective reality? Everything we see, hear and go through in life, we process in our minds. That's why different people have vastly different opinions of the same idea, art, even of the same person. We are comparing people to other people in our lives. We're projecting ourselves onto others, for better or worse. Everything reminds us of something else. So when you dream, and as they say, everyone in your dreams is yourself, how is this really any different from the way you float through life?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Duh.

I just never considered she ever wanted to be, but now that I'm thinking about it there's that ballroom scene(that someone conveniently posted) where she entertained the thought and maybe tried it out but didn't like it and decided she wanted out?

Yeah.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Thank you so much, what a compliment!

I will have to read the book, it looks interesting.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Interesting, I will have to watch this movie. It seems there are a lot of old movies that had symbolism one would miss unless they knew what they were looking for.

One of my friends talks about this sort of thing and pointed me to this site after watching Eyes Wide Shut, and it had a phenomenal write-up on the occult symbols throughout.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I get it.

There's something scary and lonely about taking personal responsibility for much of what happens in our lives, and that's what it's about (in part).

But there is still an external world imposing itself on us. And the difference is... it doesn't matter how much I mentally convince myself that I can fly, because when I jump off of a cliff to show everyone my skills gravity will overrule my personal mental delusions. And the difference is... it doesn't matter how much I mentally convince myself that toilet water is ok to drink so I should drink it. I will get sick no matter what I believe.

So there is a physical reality that we are all subject to. But it is our personal perceptions of reality that dictate how we behave in that physical reality. So I have no doubt that how we view the world is important. But it doesn't invalidate the world that's "out there." Sometimes I think life is about trying to match up our personal perspectives so that it more closely matches the real physical reality.
edit on 21-11-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
There's no place like home.

*three times, clicking heels*

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Oh my god Dorothy didn't like it, either.

So alone there, except for Toto but Toto is just a dog, you know?

It just occurred to me probably because of my other dialogue here, that this may have to do with feeling alone in your own illusion, too- and wanting instead to return to reality where there are actually other real people.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Have you ever read The Little White Bird or Adventures in Kensington Gardens?

But as Peter sat by the shore tootling divinely on his pipe he sometimes fell into sad thoughts and then the music became sad also, and the reason of all this sadness was that he could not reach the Gardens, though he could see them through the arch of the bridge. He knew he could never be a real human again, and scarcely wanted to be one, but oh, how he longed to play as other children play, and of course there is no such lovely place to play in as the Gardens. The birds brought him news of how boys and girls play, and wistful tears started in Peter’s eyes.

Perhaps you wonder why he did not swim across. The reason was that he could not swim. He wanted to know how to swim, but no one on the island knew the way except the ducks, and they are so stupid. They were quite willing to teach him, but all they could say about it was, “You sit down on the top of the water in this way, and then you kick out like that.” Peter tried it often, but always before he could kick out he sank. What he really needed to know was how you sit on the water without sinking, and they said it was quite impossible to explain such an easy thing as that. Occasionally swans touched on the island, and he would give them all his day’s food and then ask them how they sat on the water, but as soon as he had no more to give them the hateful things hissed at him and sailed away.

edit on 21-11-2016 by VP740 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

Never, but I will now.

Thank you for that!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
One of my friends talks about this sort of thing and pointed me to this site after watching Eyes Wide Shut, and it had a phenomenal write-up on the occult symbols throughout.

vigilantcitizen.com is indeed the "go to" site for stuff like this. That site has it nailed.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I believe the message is that if you care about becoming an "actor" (because that's what she was working on from the very beginning of the film), it means you want to perform fiction in front of strangers because you want that form of love (fake love) from people. It's about selling your soul because deep inside you want to be famous/special. If you choose that path, you encounter people like Jareth and the Goblins (and that's why the film is chock full of owls and other illuminati symbolism).

She comes around and realizes she needs to save her brother (her real family), but the end is kinda weird in that she says she needs the Goblins in her life and they all start dancing and having their little party.

I haven't checked out the film in a while, but wasn't there a bunch of newspaper clippings in the beginning that basically showed that she cared about fame? Or were they clippings of her real mother (which would also signify something important)?

edit on 21-11-2016 by FlukeSkywalker because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2016 by FlukeSkywalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
A number of things stood out to me in this movie.

Jareth was portrayed as an owl, which I associated with nature spirits.

The scene with the heaps of junk and the old junk lady diverting Sarah's attention from her quest stands out for me as representing how materialism can take your attention away from the spiritual world.

The song that the Firies (the creatures that were able to take off their heads) sang struck a chord for me, but I can't remember the lyrics and what it was that caught my attention about it.

To me, the whole Labyrinth world was like a surreal astral projection into some extra-dimensional domain.

Overall I just gave consideration to the occult and pagan aspects of the movie, but your mind control theory is really good.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I get it.

There's something scary and lonely about taking personal responsibility for much of what happens in our lives, and that's what it's about (in part).

But there is still an external world imposing itself on us. And the difference is... it doesn't matter how much I mentally convince myself that I can fly, because when I jump off of a cliff to show everyone my skills gravity will overrule my personal mental delusions. And the difference is... it doesn't matter how much I mentally convince myself that toilet water is ok to drink so I should drink it. I will get sick no matter what I believe.

So there is a physical reality that we are all subject to. But it is our personal perceptions of reality that dictate how we behave in that physical reality. So I have no doubt that how we view the world is important. But it doesn't invalidate the world that's "out there." Sometimes I think life is about trying to match up our personal perspectives so that it more closely matches the real physical reality.

It's a given that there are physical dangers in our environment. Being aware of this, and say, having a phobia of heights and toilets are different things. When you say matching our perspectives to reality, again it becomes a matter of what you choose to focus on. As far as letting other people push you around and manipulate you? That's on you. I say that as someone who grew up abused by many people, in many ways. There's so much out there. If you're telling yourself "but my head's been messed with, I have problems now," you need to stop that. I'm not being mean. I know the loneliness too. But fear is not constructive.

Have you seen the movie Pan's Labyrinth? It's another in the same genre, although it is somewhat scary. If you don't mind that, you might like it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join