It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Earthquake hit at 6:01 a.m. local time
Depth reported at 10km
"Evacuate immediately from coastal regions and riverside areas to a safer place such as high ground or an evacuation building"
Tsunami to stroke within minutes says NHK
Height up to 3 metres on coast of Fukushima - NHK
WEAK53 PAAQ 212110
Tsunami Information Statement Number 1
NWS National Tsunami Warning Center Palmer AK
110 PM PST Mon Nov 21 2016
...THIS IS A TSUNAMI INFORMATION STATEMENT FOR ALASKA, BRITISH
COLUMBIA, WASHINGTON, OREGON AND CALIFORNIA...
* There is no tsunami danger for the areas listed above.
* Based on earthquake information and historic tsunami records
the earthquake was not sufficient to generate a tsunami.
* An earthquake has occurred with parameters listed below.
PRELIMINARY EARTHQUAKE PARAMETERS
* The following parameters are based on a rapid preliminary
assessment and changes may occur.
* Magnitude 7.3
* Origin Time 1200 AKST Nov 21 2016
1300 PST Nov 21 2016
2100 UTC Nov 21 2016
* Coordinates 37.3 North 141.6 East
* Depth 6 miles
* Location near the east coast of Honshu, Japan
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND NEXT UPDATE
* Refer to the internet site ntwc.arh.noaa.gov for
* Pacific coastal regions outside California, Oregon,
Washington, British Columbia and Alaska should refer to the
Pacific Tsunami Warning Center messages at ptwc.weather.gov.
* This will be the only U.S. National Tsunami Warning center
message for this event unless additional information becomes
7.3 has struck off the coast of Fukushima prefecture in Japan. A tsunami warning for waves of up to three meters (10 feet) has been issued.
Tsunami Warnings have been issued for the following coastal regions of Japan:
Tsunami Advisories have been issued for the following coastal regions of Japan:
PACIFIC COAST OF AOMORI PREF.
KUJUKURI AND SOTOBO AREA, CHIBA PREF.
Tsunamis are expected to arrive imminently in the following coastal regions of Japan (coastal regions above with asterisks):
originally posted by: GoShredAK
originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Tsunami has been observed 20 KM from seaside at this point.....its coming.
Wow that is intense...
That could probably do some damage I would think.
Is anywhere else gonna get hit?