It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

US Air Force Vet captures something on his drone shooting in 4 k

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

That Would be FPS not MPH

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

It doesn`t come from the trees, look at the video again you can see the object approaching from farther back where the brown field is.

I`m wondering where the shadow is?
The trees in the foreground are casting a shadow but there is no shadow of the object on the ground.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
The trees in the foreground are casting a shadow but there is no shadow of the object on the ground.

That's one of the things that makes me think the object was closer to the drone than to the ground and it was relatively small.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

exactly, no shadow to be seen

look at the shadow of the tree and try to find the shadow of that object

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: fromtheskydown

It doesn`t come from the trees, look at the video again you can see the object approaching from farther back where the brown field is.

Yes, I managed to get a slower and larger view of it and I can now see it coming from beyond the trees.
I can't see any shadow, either.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: data5091

hard to say.

unfortunately the video is inconclusive. There isn't a very clear picture on what that may be.

i'll go with a blurd.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
a reply to: Tardacus

exactly, no shadow to be seen

look at the shadow of the tree and try to find the shadow of that object

If the object is low down and closer to the trees, would its shadow be lost amongst the shadows of the trees, maybe?
Again, with no solid points of reference, it's a needle in a haystack scenario.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
So a couple comments...

- It does look to appear out of nowhere. To me this suggests the object may have been traveling on a different axis initially than the one it was filmed on.

- There is no shadow (at least not one visible within the camera frame). To me this suggests the object was either too small to cast a shadow or too high to cast a recognizable shadow. Both of these observations would support the notion that the object is very close to the drone.

- Flying objects can present all sorts of illusions depending on the vantage point of the viewer. Case in point; go stand at an oblique angle to an airport runway and watch aircraft take off. In many cases it looks like they're climbing straight up vertical as they turn on climb out. It's just an illusion. This would explain why the object seemingly appears out of nowhere.

- The common horsefly can travel at about 90mph, and a peregrine falcon can travel at over 240mph. Both can change axis' of flight nearly instantly. This would make a closing speed of the object to the drone upwards of 260+mph. To a wide angle lens (which most drones are) a nearby object traveling at these velocities would appear blindingly fast indeed.

Conclusion - Bird or bug.

ETA...if you watch the film carefully, the object appears to slow down at its nearest to the drone. This would support the notion of changing direction. It was flying directly at the drone initially (invisible), then changed direction slightly (appears), then veers away from the drone (appears to slow down and get further away).

edit on 11/22/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
my initial thoughts are that this is a small object given its trajectory and the size difference from when it appears to when it leaves the frame, if it were this small and at that height there would be no noticeable shadow.

If it's not a bird it is probably a gert big bug. It's either very close and small or closer to the ground and fast, im leaning towards number 1 here.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: constant_thought

That's hilarious! "These right here are small...but the ones out there are far away!"

LOL!!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yet we have members and people on youtube that don't understand this concept

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It might be a warhead or a classified project of government.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
My first thought was that, it reminds me of a camera/lens artefact, something akin to that seen in the case of the "Concord UFO incident".

I suspect that, if one were to check the exact position of the Sun against the angle of the camera, that might well give a clue as to the origin of the "object".

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
The 'UFO' appears to emerge from the trees next to the buildings in the distance...

It may "appear" to be emerging from the trees, but it could actually be quite close to the camera, and not emerging from the trees at all. The trees may just be in the background, far below the object, and the object could have been flying at an altitude only a few feet below the drone.

The reason it may have seemed to just "appear" out of nowhere is that it may have been relatively too far away (but still high above the trees) to have been resolved by the camera . It only appeared on camera when the camera could resolve it.

...And If the object was flying at an altitude similar to the drone and flew only a few feet below the camera, then a bug cannot be ruled out.

In that case, the apparent high speed of the object could be due to it being close to the camera.
edit on 2016/11/22 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: data5091

What is the relevance of the person filming it being a veteran of the US airforce?
I know plenty of military veterans who's judgement I certainly wouldn't trust.

Not criticising the video in itself just asking what added value veteran status provides to the thread and thread title.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I've done enough video and image editing to see the tale tale marks of editing. You can see this thing completely SKIPS the highway, the main sequence we see from the highway to the bottom of the video we can see the emergence of the object from the side of the ground right underneath the highway.

It blurs, it acts just like you'd think from a added object, no shadow, and the speed is enough to rip feathers off a bird.

I'm going to declare it a fake, if I really felt that much about it, I'd consider not being lazy and do some visual aides, however, I'm pretty lazy today.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
...It blurs, it acts just like you'd think from a added object, no shadow, and the speed is enough to rip feathers off a bird.

You can't judge the speed unless you know how close to the camera it was.

If it was a bug only a meter or so below the camera, then it could appear to be flying that fast because it is so close. It is not uncommon to see bugs flash through the field of view of a video camera "in an instant" due to being so close to the camera.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There IS a shadow the same shape as the object on the ground and its right where you would expect it to be. Look at the light "pathway" portion of the field about 80 feet from the tree. The tree's shadow points almost right at it.

Also, I believe he's filming at 30 frames per second. At the speed the object is moving, its only going to get captured in the video a few times, hence the stuttering effect. Its too bad he wasn't filming at 180 fps.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOrrTH
There IS a shadow the same shape as the object on the ground and its right where you would expect it to be. Look at the light "pathway" portion of the field about 80 feet from the tree. The tree's shadow points almost right at it.

If you mean the object that I have marked with the arrow in the image below, then that is not a shadow. It was in that same spot in the filed throughout the entire video and it didn't move.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
@Tranceopticalinclined I'm guessing you didn't bother to download the video and you don't have a 4K monitor.
The object is visible pretty much on the horizon when the pixel density is high enough to even notice it. The image bellow shows it's trajectory and the orange dot marks there spot where it's first "visible" even though it's just a few pixels watching it frame by frame in 4k it's very obvious.
i.imgur.com...
The blur is more or less consistent with a high-speed object in motion. It's not too perfect.
I could not find a shadow even though I tried really hard. But the most important part is that after stabilizing the frames it appears that the object is flying in a perfectly straight line all the way. The drone itself was 100% in motion. To fake a perfect trajectory on drone video in motion would be really hard.
Add to that the perspective (object gets noticeably larger when closer to camera). That rules out bugs or something else close to the camera.
Either it's some really good CGI work or it's a legit unexplained flying object.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join