It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Obama Claims Electoral System Rigged in Favor of Republicans

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I understand, but Obama was talking about Gerrymandering in most likely Ohio or PA or Florida.

What pisses me off is that entire States are "Gerrymandered".

Why should those 4 States get double the representation of Iowa? A State that is already low population, 33% of it's own electorates are the "Default State" votes.
edit on 21-11-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That's a tirade? Lol. Where did he say "rigged?" I think you're getting more dramatic with age. Also, Breitbart.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

A lot of things about this election pissed me off, but I trust to our Constitution and the electoral college system was setup in the Constitution so there you go.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

he explained, pointing out that most Democratic voters were “bunched up in big cities.”

The modern liberal plantation.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
He promissed to change, but only achieved to divide.. Arrivederci!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Orrrr...... Trump says it's rigged and they think he's a wacko. Obama says it's rigged and people agree with him . What the heck.

Also, check this out, Obama telling Trump to stop whining about the election being rigged. *shakes head*

President Obama just put Donald Trump in his place. After weeks of Donald Trump telling supporters the American presidential election process is rigged (it isn't), President Obama says the Republican nominee for President of the United States should "stop whining" and focus on getting votes.

At around 2:51 Obama says if whenever you lose and you start blaming others, then you don't have what it takes to be President. How ironic. Also, at around the 3:25 mark he says there is no way that the elections could be rigged. Such a fool.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 21-11-2016 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Why is Obama still crying? We already gave him a trophy and it was for nothing obviously.

The 2009 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to United States President Barack Obama for his "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples".

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Well, the EC gave us the failed prez Bush and his disastrous administration and now the EC gives us Trump who I'm sure will be much worse than Bush.

That said, people have been wanting to get rid of the EC for over 200 years.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I live in a state where we split our electoral votes, rather than going all or nothing to one side or the other.

Votes were nearly 50/50 between the two primary candidates, but electoral votes went 3/1 for the democrats.

Rigged for the republicans, indeed?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
There is no point into even getting into a lot of this argument.
because of one simple reason.

It is not the fault of republicans that democrats have such low appeal in low population states, Democrats picked the policies they picked knowing full well what it cost them.. Both parties have equal opportunity of appealing to the voters in every state. Both parties understand the electoral system and try to play it for benefit.
The whole argument is moot.

P.S. if we are going to reform the voting system lets really reform it. Let's get some proportional representation, let 3rd parties thrive. Whining about this one thing but not caring about the plight of 3rd parties and the bias against them is pathetic.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I accidentally gave you a star.

What I was thinking is why did you say the EC gave us those presidents? The electoral college gives us all our presidents.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
So the party that uses superdelegates is now saying the electoral college is rigged?

edit on 21-11-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Someone play the hypocrite harmonica. Haha, star for you!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hey Obama, how about you just STFU, tie up any loose ends and start packing your s##t.
Your job of screwing your country and it's people is over, time to let someone else come in and clean up your mess.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Obama needs to shut hell up, he has been creating an atmosphere of discontent for years, even creating the mess that is now killing cops, he wants a civil unrest, but the piece of no good president is not going to get it.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Oh, I thought he was going to talk about the DNC colluding with the media, or his own party's leaders being caught on camera about bussing people in, or Obama himself calling on illegal immigrants to vote. Or maybe he'd like to complain about the wacky conspiracy theory of Trump... which was his exact same claim prior to the election. So, to be clear, making the same exact claim as Trump is only not crazy if you do it. Also, begging illegals to vote for your candidate, or turning a blind eye to massive corruption is totally cool.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Gerrymandering is bigger problem than money in politics.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

Does it matter if you starred me? So petty.

What I mean is that the EC gave America 2 republican presidents who lost the popular vote this century. Like I said, Americans have wanted the EC updated or scrapped for hundreds of years so when is it gonna be time for that to happen? Bush was a complete disaster who also lost the popular vote but won the Oval Office because of the EC and now America is stuck with a reality TV star who has zero experience working in govt, well unless we consider bribing politicians experience.

A reality TV star (I use the term "star" generously) with a thin skin.... this should work out for America.
edit on 21-11-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

damn good point Jim!

basically what youre saying is "y'all have know how the game is played since like, FOREVER, so if you lost its either due to A. outright fraud (which it wasnt) OR B. because you didnt play a winning game OR C. because youre incompetent."

They want option D....but there is no option D

Right...i just realized it....its all freakin Red Herrings all over the place.....red herring red herring red herring.....go get em boy.....

no, this dog wont hunt.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

So the party that uses superdelegates is now saying the electoral college is rigged?

He wasn't talking about the electoral college. He wasn't talking about Presidential elections.

Seems to be a not so subtle point that pretty much all in this thread have missed.

edit on 11/21/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join