It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Obama Claims Electoral System Rigged in Favor of Republicans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Obama continues his tirades before leaving office.

This time it's about how he thinks the Electoral College system is rigged in favor of Republicans !!

He cites the "numbers" of votes vs the checks & balances of having equal Senate representation and political gerrymandering.

Look out for these Obama rampages as Jan 20th gets closer.

He will continue to divide the nation and blame everybody except himself for massive Democrat failures.

Watch out for some other tricks as well, like setting up failures that will be difficult to reverse.

Obama Claims Electoral System Rigged in Favor of Republicans

President Barack Obama is complaining about aspects of the country’s electoral system that he says favored Republicans in 2016.

“As long as Wyoming gets the same number of senators as California, there’s going to be some tilt towards Republicans when it comes to congressional races,” he explained, pointing out that most Democratic voters were “bunched up in big cities.”

During a press conference in Peru, Obama grumbled that Republicans took advantage of “political gerrymandering” after winning wide majorities in that helped them lock in a majority in Congress.

“More votes have been cast for Democratic congressional candidates than Republican,” Obama said. “And yet you end up having large Republican majorities.”

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
He should be ashamed...

www.gallup.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I mean he's got a point. The last two times in the modern era that a President was elected from the electoral votes but lost the popular vote was a Republican winning. Not saying its true or not, but I can see where he is coming from.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

On this one I will have to agree.

That is exactly the reason he won by such margins in 2008 and again in 2012.

I still say he is one of the best Republican presidents we have ever had. If you don't believe me just look at his record and compare it with the Republican's agenda for the past several years. Don't listen to the retoric, look at what was actually done and where it first originated.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
“More votes have been cast for Democratic congressional candidates than Republican,” Obama said. “And yet you end up having large Republican majorities.”

Is he delusional? If people voted for republican senators in their state then the demonrats weren't the majority vote in those states. Sounds like the extremist left doesn't like fair and equal representation our system was designed for in a Constitutional Republic.

edit on 21/11/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking about congress between 2006-10.

I guess he thinks people shouldn't change their minds about who to vote for?

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So you want to ignore the fact (like Obama) that this could not have happened if Traditional Democratic states had not voted republican...

Seriously look up when the last time Penn/Michigan/ and wisconsin voted republican it doesnt happen often...

It is time to stop blaming everything else and accept that they put forward such a horrid candidate that many people felt Donal fricking trump was a better idea.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Trump claims the system is rigged and they cheer.

Obama says the system is rigged and they call it a tirade.

Hmmm....

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If it was so rigged how come he was elected ........twice?
edit on 21-11-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

This is what it'd most likely be like if we went on nothing but the popular vote. I'd feel represented. /s

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I SAID he has a point. I ALSO said that I don't necessarily agree with this result. I'm just saying I can see where he is coming from here.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I saw this article this morning. I almost laughed because it's so ridiculous. If the electoral system is rigged in favor of republicans, then how does he explain how he got elected?! Not only that, he clearly doesn't care what anyone not in big cities think. My gosh, he's foolish!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Trump claims the system is rigged and they cheer.

Obama says the system is rigged and they call it a tirade.

Hmmm....

Thank you, I was just about to come here and say that. >:

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. >_

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

This is what it'd most likely be like if we went on nothing but the popular vote. I'd feel represented. /s

Saw that this morning and laughed. Damn shame so many, even on ATS, will say that's just fair since it's better to just go with a popular vote than have an electoral college.

Except those times when the electoral college picks their candidate, anyway.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I mean he's got a point. The last two times in the modern era that a President was elected from the electoral votes but lost the popular vote was a Republican winning. Not saying its true or not, but I can see where he is coming from.

That's only because the three most populated cities in America are heavily democrat. There's a good reason the electoral vote makes the final decision.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The reason this happens is because rural states gain more electorates than cities per capita.

It's actually more difficult for Republican to gain the popular vote than win.

The entire thing is twofold when it comes to gerrymandering, the states lines themselves have Republican edge. After all, if it was 1 State, Hillary would have won due to popular vote. Tons of rural area in the middle that is separately divided, yet yields even more electorates because the separation. For example, MT, WY, ND, SD all have 3 electorate votes and are right next to each other. Their combined population is the same as the state of Iowa, worth only 6 electorate votes. By having extra states 'drawn' they pick up many 'default' state votes.

These default votes really change the power of the vote for low population areas. 3x as many people from California need to vote to have the same power as someone from WY.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Meh.. No need most people here think he was talking about the electoral college.
edit on 21-11-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I disagree...

If you have to flip traditionally democratic states... for a republican to win, its not rigged in favor of the republicans...

I am no thrilled with the EC but it is way bette than the alternative some of the left want to put forward.

----------

This is not directed at Krazy

Republicans almost have a level of control in our govt from state level to the president where they could call a constitutional convention and not have to even speak to the democrats... this should be a giant fricking neon sign to the democrats that they are doing something wrong.

Until they realize that they need to talk with us peons out in the sticks also they will continue to slide into obscurity.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

I know why it happens. It also happens because there are more Democrats than Republicans in this country. But again. I never said I had a problem with the electoral college system. Only that I can see Obama's point.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

this should be a giant fricking neon sign to the democrats that they are doing something wrong. Until they realize that they need to talk with us peons out in the sticks also they will continue to slide into obscurity.

This
This again and again
The one dem that seems to have a clue is Tim Ryan. 'Keeping our leadership team completely unchanged will simply lead to more disappointment,' the Ohio Democrat says.
“Under our current leadership, Democrats have been reduced to our smallest congressional minority since 1929. This should indicate to all of us that keeping our leadership team completely unchanged will simply lead to more disappointment in future elections,” Ryan added.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join