It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Considers Potential Sec. of State Who Was Convicted of Mishandling Classified Info?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If this is true, it will be one of the biggest ironies of the Trump transition so far.

According to a story that gets it from the NY Times, Trump is considering former General David Petraeus for Secretary of State !!!

David Petraeus pleaded guilty to mishandling classified materials a few years back.

This could be a planted story taking off.

Funny if real.

Trump Considers Potential Sec. of State Who Was Convicted of Mishandling Classified Info

For a candidate who made putting Hillary Clinton in jail a cornerstone of his campaign, you may be shocked to learn that President-elect Donald Trump is considering making David Petraeus our new Secretary of State. Yes, that General Petraeus who, just last year, pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of mishandling classified materials. Petraeus is still in the midst of serving his two-year probationary period after paying a $100,000 fine. Despite that, according to The New York Times, he is a top contender for the SoS spot:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
NYT is practically a liberal tabloid, but it would be interesting to see the reaction of all the people who threw Petraeus under the bus while holding Clinton on a pedestal.

edit on 21-11-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That is funny. To be fair, if Hillary had plead down to some minor offense, accepted responsibility, and took a slap on the wrist, there wouldn't be near as much hostility towards her.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Aaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

WHAT!?

You have to be kidding me! Good grief, it's one thing a career politician ballsing up data security, but a general who does it is being considered for government work right now? The man is a liability! If it were not so serious, I would still be laughing!

Look upon this everyone, look on and weep, because this is exactly the sort of BULL that makes countries like America less effective and efficient than they ought to be. Hypocrisy, double talk and spin.

This presidency is not shaping up too well, and it's not even off the blocks yet!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well the democrats couldn't hardly complain could they?
They were willing to have a president like that.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The real Democrats were only voting for Hillary because Trump was not a good enough alternative, and because Bernie was off the table, as you well know.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

The real Democrats were only voting for Hillary because Trump was not a good enough alternative, and because Bernie was off the table, as you well know.

Exactly. I ended up voting 3rd party, but you are correct as to why so many voted for her.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

Exactly. I ended up voting 3rd party, but you are correct as to why so many voted for her.

How did that work out for you?

Whenever I said trump was the lesser of two evils I was slapped with retorts.
Look at the bright side.. it's only four years.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: zosimov

How did that work out for you?

Whenever I said trump was the lesser of two evils I was slapped with retorts.
Look at the bright side.. it's only four years.

It worked great! After I got over the initial disappointment that Stein lost (just kidding-- I knew she'd lose) I was cheered by the illusion that I still live in a Representative Republic in which we had an actual say in our election.

(sorry--OP, on a bit of a role with the off-topic comments.) As for your thread, I'd like to wait and see but am none too excited about the picks so far.
edit on 21-11-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

They can complain plenty. Petraeus has pleaded guilty to a crime. Whether or not this story is true is another matter.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I feel like Trump's head is spinning.

I think this is a lot more work than he realized or cared to do.

Look at the Christie situation. Trump has no idea who to recruit unless its someone who was "loyal" to him during the campaign which essentially amounts to nepotism.

Trump is good at spewing off at the mouth.

He should appoint Ron Paul to run the country.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
probably a stupid question coming at you...
but, in the case of pretraus and hillary if she was elected, would they be automatically given enough security clearance to do their jobs, or could it be denied them because of security concerns, or would it make them ineligible for the job? seems to me that not being eligible for the security clearance would make one handicapped when it comes to the job??

would it overrule the people's votes or what??

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

He should appoint Ron Paul to run the country.

One could only hope. However, on his facebook page, I saw a video where Paul clearly announces that he did not vote for Trump so cancel THAT wish.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It wouldn't be wise if Trump retains Petraeus' services because of the hypocrisy and the fact that Petraeus proved he couldn't be trusted with classified info. Let's hope it's not a serious consideration. As well, Trump's alleged consideration to retain Mitt Romney's services of any sort seems to be unwise. The seemingly pure hatred between the two would only bring future headaches and clashing.

One (of many) problem(s) with Trumps is he is petty. He can't even let tweets go by without replying plus he loves having the last word. If he can't rise above and ignore the itty bitty bumps in the road, how can he ever conquer the mountains ahead? What does that have to do with this topic? Hell, I don't know but it's been bugging me and it's detrimental to his character.

It'd be wonderful if we could all 'just get along' but unfortunately, sometimes with change comes upheaval and conflict, even in the name of progress. If Trump can make the transition as painless as possible to the American people while still accomplishing his goals it would be great. The people who voted for Trump want to be proud of their decision, the POTUS and this country. I want Trump to make this country great again and that is inclusive of a great many things. Let's hope Trump makes the right decisions. Because at this point, all we have is hope. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It´s so funny, read right now that he is getting the Wallstreet back to the White House.
Willbur Ross, who worked for Rothschild.
That´s what i call "drying the swamp", getting rid of the establishment...

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I'm actually kinda surprised to see you post this! Very nice!

Mishandling classified info? He did worse than that but since he is who he is, he got a slap on the wrist. Anyone else would have had the book thrown at them and the Obama administration loves throwing them books!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I wouldn`t believe anything the NYT prints, this will prove to be another lie from the NYT just like all their other lies during the campaign.
Haven`t we been lied to enough by the NYT to not spot another one of their lies when we see it?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
If this is true, it will be one of the biggest ironies of the Trump transition so far.

According to a story that gets it from the NY Times, Trump is considering former General David Petraeus for Secretary of State !!!

David Petraeus pleaded guilty to mishandling classified materials a few years back.

This could be a planted story taking off.

Funny if real.

Yeah, hilarious considering his stance on another secretary of state during the election...but then you can say what you like on the campaign trail, you don't have to mean it...so say the pundits.

BTW, Petraeus is on the list of potentials, but it's a long one.

Secretary of State;

John Bolton
Bob Corker
Tulsi Gabbard
Rudy Giuliani
RichardNHaass
Nikki Haley
John Kelly
Zalmay Khalilzad
Stanley McChrystal
David Petraeus
Dana Rohrabacher
Mitt Romney
edit on 21-11-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

That would be incredibly absurd, wow

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Trump hasn't even been inaugurated and the "ironies" are starting to pile up.

That pretty much says it all.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join